+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

finger printing process

unstopable1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
I am really freaking out and need some advise form anyone who may know or been through the same situation. I submitted my finger prints to mt local immigration office and they confirmed receipt since Nov 12th 09. I emailed RCMP yesterday to find out the status and they responded saying "that they have not even received it yet and have no record of it, but it does not mean it is not in the building".
The site says that it takes an ave 120 days to process from the time they rec'd it in RCMP. Already going to be 3 months I send finger prints to my visa office. What is the delay in getting to Canada? Also my medical will be expiring in May and I scared that if things don't work out before this time I will have to redo medical which will mean an extended delay in my application and more suffering for my husband and me.

Ohhh god anyone can help?

::)

jay123

Jan 29, 2010
Hi unstopable...
You have to directly mail your figerprints to the Rcmp not the visa post...
And then the the Rcmp mails it directly to the visa post after 4 months.
So redo the fingerprints and mail to the Rcmp.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
i agree u have to redo it. nothing else to be done..

unstopable1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Guys but the local immigration office instructed me to do the finger prints and send it back to them, do not send it to RCMP myself. I have to follow their instructions not?

DutchMan

Mar 12, 2008
I received a request for fingerprints and had to send it to RCMP in Canada. HAd to clearly state what the processing embassy was so they could send the results to them. All went fine.

unstopable1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
I guess POS operates a little bit different from the majority of embassies. I am just hoping for the best now, because I guess in each circumstance, situation, embassy, location etc things are done differently for some things.

Thanks all for your responses.

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in Canada on a visitor visa and we are applying outland through Buffalo. My FBI report took 4 months to get to us, so now it's expired. My hubby and I went to the RCMP office to redo my fingerprints, but they said that I couldn't get it done there becasue I'm not a Canadian resident and that I would have to go back to the states to get it redone. Has anyone else had this problem? Where else could I go to get my fiingerprints?

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
thats weird! i took my fingerprints electronically at some company in Canada even if im not a canadian. they sent fingerprints to (i always forget how its called lol) anyways after 4 days i got reply from Canada Royal Police with my pic and fingerprints saying they couldnt find any info of me being a refugee etc.

try a different institution for taking ur fingeprints. i even heard some ppl go from other countries to Canada just to take their fingerprints electronically and go back home.

try to search on google "International fingerprinting".

unstopable1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
I agree with Asta

I have had my finger prints taken once at a RCMP office, and I was not a PR or resident there at the time. Check the website and go to another finger printing office.

The procedure: Walk with whatever ID you have, they will take your photo and do the finger printing right at the office. They will give you the original finger prints so you can drop at your embassy.

Note: I did this about 3 years back so I don't know if this procedure has changed since.

All the best

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
in Canada they ask for 2 ID documents.
i had some problems with taking my fingerprints. scanner didn't want to scan my middle fingers. i had to try another office and i made it the second time successfully.

Miryam

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
November/2009
Nej said:
My hubby and I went to the RCMP office to redo my fingerprints, but they said that I couldn't get it done there becasue I'm not a Canadian resident and that I would have to go back to the states to get it redone. Has anyone else had this problem?
I got my fingerprints done by RCMP twice as a visitor. Once for the FBI clearance and the second for the state clearance. No problems, just had to show two pieces of ID - I used my passport and my Driver's License from my country of birth (not in English though, but they only cared about the name and the picture in it).

And since I had bought something online that the company sent to me by mail, I took the envelope with the address (as a proof of residence in case they wanted or needed one -- and they did want), and it was accepted as well.

Nej said:
Where else could I go to get my fiingerprints?
Commissionaires: http://www.commissionaires.ca/

When I needed the RCMP clearance I went to get it with them (3rd fingerprinting, still visitor) because if I went to RCMP it would take an average of 120 days for processing, and with Commissionaires (digital fingerprinting) it was 72 hours + mailing period (which took 3 days).

At the Commissionaires office they asked for two pieces of ID (again, I used my passport and DL from my country of birth) and asked my address so the RCMP could mail the clearance to me, but didn't ask for any proof of residence. When he was done, he printed the informations and asked me if the address was right (It wasn't - the apartment number was wrong -, but he corrected it right away).

jaundice_p

Jul 30, 2008
I'm sorry man..I think u got it all wrong..u cannot send your finger prints to cic...just as others have said..u have to send it to rcmp and it free(for immigration purposes), the will process it and then send the result to the to the cic office hanlding your case...if i remeber u have to send them your info and the address(cic office handling ur case and dont forget to include ur cic number or any info that will enable them know its from u) they should forward it to.
I did mine around july last year and it took only a month...eventhough their website say atleast 120days( I guess mayb I was lucky).
and remeber u cannot do the finger print urself , u have to go a police station in the country u r staying for them to do it for u..it has to be stamped and sign by an officer b4 rcmp can accept it..i did mine in south korea.
Im tellin u from recent experience...So dont waste ur time waiting on cic...hurry and redo as you've been told here..if cic office that is handling ur case actually said u shld send it to them..i trully think it was a mistake on their part..its never that way.Good luck

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the response. Yes, I did show my passport and driver's lisence and they still didin't want to do the fingerprints...I'll see if i can find something with my name and the address here as proof that I'm residing here.