+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finance question

master_aspirant

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
My brother will help in paying the tuition fees for a year, and I plan to pay GIC myself. I also plan to show the parents savings and ITR's as the additional financial documents and the bank account statement of mine(salary account).
  1. Should I mention in SOP that my brother has paid the tuition fees or just say that I have paid the 1 year tuition fees and GIC and my parents have savings to support for the subsequent years of studies. Asking this question because confused if they may ask for the income source for tuition fees.
  2. Also, do I need any affidavit or letter of support from my parents stating that they will support the pay for the study and living expenses in the 2nd year.
Please advise. Thanks

Sirwise

Jul 19, 2019
@master_aspirant ,

I believe you are only confused because you cannot show all funds from the different sources into one bank statement ( Brother, Parents and yourself).

It's prudent to indicate your Sponsor ,so in your case, use your parents if they can show funds for the remaining years of your education. Like you indicated, you can explain in your letter of explanation that you have paid a year tuition ( show with receipt) and GIC. Subsequent financial obligations will be handled by your Sponsor. (Show their Bank Statement and support letter whether affidavit or not).

Don't forget to add your personal bank statement as well. Be clear and positive your application will be approved if you write a strong SOP to support your application.

All the best bro.

Cheers!

master_aspirant

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
@Sirwise , thanks so much for the reply bro. Much Appreciated.

For parents, I plan to show the FD's and ITR's, will that be fine or should I show their bank statement too (balance will be not much as money is in deposits).

For myself, is the bank statement enough or should I add ITR's too.

Sirwise

Jul 19, 2019
@master_aspirant
It's best to provide Bank Statement for the purpose of liquidity. However , if the bank account balance is not sufficient, add ID and the IRS.
In your case, you need only Bank Statement and the source of your fund ( pay slips , employment letter or contracts)

Cheers!

Reactions: master_aspirant

manpreet27

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
My brother will help in paying the tuition fees for a year, and I plan to pay GIC myself. I also plan to show the parents savings and ITR's as the additional financial documents and the bank account statement of mine(salary account).
  1. Should I mention in SOP that my brother has paid the tuition fees or just say that I have paid the 1 year tuition fees and GIC and my parents have savings to support for the subsequent years of studies. Asking this question because confused if they may ask for the income source for tuition fees.
  2. Also, do I need any affidavit or letter of support from my parents stating that they will support the pay for the study and living expenses in the 2nd year.
Please advise. Thanks
Hello

Did your brother provided a letter when he paid 1st year fees? Please advise