+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Final step for PR application

marikoi

May 14, 2015
Hi there,

If anybody out there have been through the same thing or knows anything about it more than i do i'd really appreciate your input.

Here is the background story:

My husband and I have submitted an outbound spousal sponsorship from Canada back in March of this year (My Canadian spouse sponsoring me-Japanese). Later that month, we've temporarily moved to Japan for the birth of my child. My husband was able to get parental leave from his work in Canada while he's in Japan with me. We plan to return to Canada March of next year. After I deliver my child in Japan on June 18, I finally took an X-ray and was able to complete my physical examination. Few weeks later, Ive got an email from the case processing center in Ottawa that my PR was almost complete and that i have one final step to do.

Here is where it got confusing.

One of things i needed to include in my final package was 2 photos of me and each "accompanying family member". Now, do i need to provide the photos of my new born baby? In other words, is my canadian baby(due to a canadian father) an "accompanying family member"?

They also told me to fill out an appendix B, which required me to fill out my spouse, my child, and my information including passport information. Now my child doesnt have a passport yet as she was just born a month ago. Should i rush and make her a japanese passport so that i could complete this form? (note that they've told me to complete the steps within 30 days or the application might get declined) Im just worried that they are looking for her canadian passport information because if they are, it would be hard and time consuming to make one from Japan, considering we have to make her a certificate of citizenship before she can apply for a canadian passport.

If anyone can help me clarify a little bit i would highly appreciate it in advance as this is my last step and i am really anticipating to finally complete my application!!

Thank you!!

M

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
marikoi said:
One of things i needed to include in my final package was 2 photos of me and each "accompanying family member". Now, do i need to provide the photos of my new born baby? In other words, is my canadian baby(due to a canadian father) an "accompanying family member"?

They also told me to fill out an appendix B, which required me to fill out my spouse, my child, and my information including passport information. Now my child doesnt have a passport yet as she was just born a month ago. Should i rush and make her a japanese passport so that i could complete this form? (note that they've told me to complete the steps within 30 days or the application might get declined) Im just worried that they are looking for her canadian passport information because if they are, it would be hard and time consuming to make one from Japan, considering we have to make her a certificate of citizenship before she can apply for a canadian passport.
Hi

No, you don't need to send photos of your Canadian child.

I would guess that you just need to fill out information for those immigrating but without seeing the actual form and the email instructions, I can't say for sure.

As for your child's passport, I suggest you submit the Certificate of Citizenship app ASAP. Along with that app, you can concurrently apply for a limited validity Canadian passport. Without proof of citizenship, you may face issues with things like provincial healthcare for the child. Also, your child must have a Canadian passport if you are flying after Sept 29th.

marikoi

May 14, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

No, you don't need to send photos of your Canadian child.

I would guess that you just need to fill out information for those immigrating but without seeing the actual form and the email instructions, I can't say for sure.

As for your child's passport, I suggest you submit the Certificate of Citizenship app ASAP. Along with that app, you can concurrently apply for a limited validity Canadian passport. Without proof of citizenship, you may face issues with things like provincial healthcare for the child. Also, your child must have a Canadian passport if you are flying after Sept 29th.
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your reply and clarifying for me. What you said made a lot of sense that only the person immigrating needs to fill out the information. However, upon checking the instructions again, the appendix b instructions said "please complete this form for yourself, your spouse, and your dependent children, weather or not they are accompanying you to Canada." That means that even though I'm the only applicant for PR, I still have to put the information for my husband and child? If this is the case, my child does not have a passport yet as she was just born a month ago. Do you think I can leave the passport info section for her blank?

Thank you and I look forward to your reply again.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
marikoi said:
"please complete this form for yourself, your spouse, and your dependent children, weather or not they are accompanying you to Canada."
When CIC states "accompanying or not", they are still only referring to dependents that are included in the app.

If you are unsure, just put their info anyways.

marikoi

May 14, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
When CIC states "accompanying or not", they are still only referring to dependents that are included in the app.

If you are unsure, just put their info anyways.
Thank you so much for your help! Greatly appreciate it!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
marikoi said:
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your reply and clarifying for me. What you said made a lot of sense that only the person immigrating needs to fill out the information. However, upon checking the instructions again, the appendix b instructions said "please complete this form for yourself, your spouse, and your dependent children, weather or not they are accompanying you to Canada." That means that even though I'm the only applicant for PR, I still have to put the information for my husband and child? If this is the case, my child does not have a passport yet as she was just born a month ago. Do you think I can leave the passport info section for her blank?

Thank you and I look forward to your reply again.
to add. for application purposes, your canadian spouse and child are not included as a "spouse", "family member" or "child". These forms are generic forms and are used for all immigration streams. for application purposes, your "spouse" is your sponsor, not your spouse, and your canadian child is not considered a dependant. they are referring to a "spouse" "family members" or a "child" who are NOT canadian citizens who may or may not be applying for PR alongside you or who may be eligible to apply at a later date. Canadian citizens do not need to apply for pr, therefore they are not what the application is referencing.

Since you are the only applicant, you only need to fill out the form for you and submit photos of yourself.