+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Final Decision - January 12 2024 Your application is in progress. We will let you know once a final decision has been made.

Jaejohn

Jul 8, 2024
Final decision
July 10, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Is it approval or decline
How many days will it take???
Med&Biometrics completed, background check in progress and Eligibility not started yet on tracker.
Med and biometrics done, background and eligibility on progress in GCkey.
I am quite worried and nervous since I am waiting on visitor record.
Please do advise me

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Final decision
July 10, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Is it approval or decline
How many days will it take???
Med&Biometrics completed, background check in progress and Eligibility not started yet on tracker.
Med and biometrics done, background and eligibility on progress in GCkey.
I am quite worried and nervous since I am waiting on visitor record.
Please do advise me
If you got no PFL, you very likely to be approved.

Stop being so nervous about everything.

Jaejohn

Jul 8, 2024
Thank you very much for your reply
May I know what is this PFL??
How long it gonna take most likely??
I am quiet nervous since I am on my visitor record and it is going to end by the end of this month:..

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thank you very much for your reply
May I know what is this PFL??
How long it gonna take most likely??
I am quiet nervous since I am on my visitor record and it is going to end by the end of this month:..
It can take from a few weeks to a month or two for your PPR/RFV/portal to come. I'm not sure if it is best for you to be back in your home country(since your visitor record will expire in 15 days) and the approval email can easily take 15 days to come.

I'll let others chime in, but I'm unsure of the following details:
1. were you an inland candidate who is now on a visitor record?
2. is travelling back to home country and waiting out the passport stamping not an option(if you aren't #1)?

You have to inform IRCC of location change if you were #1 and will have to get your passport in your home country if you move back.

On a positive note, you are likely to be approved if you don't know what a PFL is :D. You just need to iron out what to do with the last few bits, minor inconveniences but you can work through them.

Jaejohn

Jul 8, 2024
Thank you for your update.
I am an inland candidate living in Scarborough. I was on my PGWP when it expired I got into a visitor record.
Since I am in Canada, I don’t need to worry about location change or something like that right?

Like you said trying iron out something, hoping that will receive an approval mail soon….

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thank you for your update.
I am an inland candidate living in Scarborough. I was on my PGWP when it expired I got into a visitor record.
Since I am in Canada, I don’t need to worry about location change or something like that right?

Like you said trying iron out something, hoping that will receive an approval mail soon….
Why have you not applied for a BOWP yet? Wouldn't that be better? That way you can work and live in Canada till your PR was approved.

If your visitor record expires and you have to go back after 15 days, you'll have to notify IRCC after leaving.

Jaejohn

Jul 8, 2024
It is because I applied for my PR only after PGWP expired. I get to know that I can apply for BOWP only when my work permit is valid or at least on implied status.
I had applied for an extension for visitor record, explaining that I am waiting for a decision on my PR application. And believe that hopefully I can wait and stay in Canada.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
It is because I applied for my PR only after PGWP expired. I get to know that I can apply for BOWP only when my work permit is valid or at least on implied status.
I had applied for an extension for visitor record, explaining that I am waiting for a decision on my PR application. And believe that hopefully I can wait and stay in Canada.
Ah! that makes so much sense now. Hopefully, someone here will chime in and answer some of your questions.

Sidharth_m_a

Jan 25, 2024
Final Decision- July 10. Your application is in process. We will let you know when it is complete.
medical & biometrics passed on GCkey
Background & eligibility in process. No p1 or COPR details available yet.

Tracker not showing any update from last month after medical and biometrics was complete.

I’ve been noticing lot of applicants are in a similar situation where they are seeing Final decision date but eligibility and background are still showing process.
I just like to know everyone’s experience who has been in this position. Did anyone get P1 shortly after the decision date was visible.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Final Decision- July 10. Your application is in process. We will let you know when it is complete.
medical & biometrics passed on GCkey
Background & eligibility in process. No p1 or COPR details available yet.

Tracker not showing any update from last month after medical and biometrics was complete.

I’ve been noticing lot of applicants are in a similar situation where they are seeing Final decision date but eligibility and background are still showing process.
I just like to know everyone’s experience who has been in this position. Did anyone get P1 shortly after the decision date was visible.
When I got my approval email, I had no FD, no change in tracker, etc. Happens with a lot of people. After FD, it can take anywhere between 2weeks to 1 month to get the approval email(P1 in your case). Doesn't matter whether tracker updates or not.

Sidharth_m_a

Jan 25, 2024
When I got my approval email, I had no FD, no change in tracker, etc. Happens with a lot of people. After FD, it can take anywhere between 2weeks to 1 month to get the approval email(P1 in your case). Doesn't matter whether tracker updates or not.
I called IRCC today regarding changing address…I also asked them about the Final decision in my profile. They confirmed that the application was Approved and P1 mail has not been sent out yet. It might take few days to receive the mail.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I called IRCC today regarding changing address…I also asked them about the Final decision in my profile. They confirmed that the application was Approved and P1 mail has not been sent out yet. It might take few days to receive the mail.
That's rare for them to inform that you have been "approved". Maybe for inland candidates saying approved is easier as there are no more steps towards eligibility. For outlanders, they refrain from using such a language and instead use words like "all stages are completed".

Jaejohn

Jul 8, 2024
Did they specify a time period for that.