Final Checklist for London CHC.

SDESAI1981

Star Member
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Newcomer & Deepak

Can i ask both of you that from where you have done notary or certified copies of all documents?

Thank You
Desai

newcomer said:
Thanks Desai ,for the info.

Regards

DeepakBabbar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
Hi Desai,

I am yet to apply for intial application to CIC so no notarization at the moment. I have been collecting the documents currrently.
I am sure you will find loads of notary public local to you when you google it.. but i know notarizing is very costly in england.. 200 - 250 GBP per hour.
did you pay the similar amounts ??

Deepak

SDESAI1981

Star Member
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Deepak

Sorry for delay.

I spoke to few local notary public here in Edinburgh and 2 of them will able to do full lot of documents for £100 + VAT.
So try to contact few notary public and explain your situation so you will probably find someone similar in your local area.
Hope this help.
Regards
Desai.

DeepakBabbar said:
Hi Desai,

I am yet to apply for intial application to CIC so no notarization at the moment. I have been collecting the documents currrently.
I am sure you will find loads of notary public local to you when you google it.. but i know notarizing is very costly in england.. 200 - 250 GBP per hour.
did you pay the similar amounts ??

Deepak

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Dear SDESAI

Your post has been very helpful with regard to question about PCC and notarisation of documents. You seems to have been very lucky with regard to both. PCC within 3 days and notarisation within £100 + Vat.

I fall in Birmingham consulate jurisdiction. If you have any more information to share on this from your friend it will be much appreciated. Also keep us updated on the developments on London consulate timeline for issue of PCC. Many forum members will find this information extermely helpful. Your post have already elaborated on Edinburg consulate PCC procedure and timeline. So any forum member who has information on procedure and timelines on Birmingham and London consulate with regard to issue of PCC please share your experience.

I had to get notarised documents, first document for £75 and thereafter £5 for every additional document. I did research and found this one to be the cheapest but there could be someone who can share cheaper options than this one. Anyone have information or have been through a similar situation please share your experience.

Many thanks to all contributing to this fourm/post.

SDESAI1981

Star Member
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are welcome singh123

I will keep updated this post as soon as i get more information with regards to London PCC of my friend.

At present I have prepared all my documents and waiting to get notarised all of them but We are expecting baby soon (may be sometime this week) so i am thinking to add my new born baby details and then planning to submit full documents to London CHC.

I enquire about new passport procedure in Indian Consulate Edinburgh and i have been advise that it will take approx 4 weeks.

With Regards to Birmingham Indian Consulate, I got my friend who live in Leicester and he is at final stage of Canada Visa (Medical Completed last month and waiting for Passport request under Simplified 2006 Case) and he got PCC from Birmingham Indian Consulate within 2 weeks but it was in last year.

Anyway all the best.
Regards
Desai

singh123 said:
Dear SDESAI

Your post has been very helpful with regard to question about PCC and notarisation of documents. You seems to have been very lucky with regard to both. PCC within 3 days and notarisation within £100 + Vat.

I fall in Birmingham consulate jurisdiction. If you have any more information to share on this from your friend it will be much appreciated. Also keep us updated on the developments on London consulate timeline for issue of PCC. Many forum members will find this information extermely helpful. Your post have already elaborated on Edinburg consulate PCC procedure and timeline. So any forum member who has information on procedure and timelines on Birmingham and London consulate with regard to issue of PCC please share your experience.

I had to get notarised documents, first document for £75 and thereafter £5 for every additional document. I did research and found this one to be the cheapest but there could be someone who can share cheaper options than this one. Anyone have information or have been through a similar situation please share your experience.

Many thanks to all contributing to this fourm/post.

DeepakBabbar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
Hi Singh123/Desai,

Thanks to both of you for all the information posted.

that raises another question now..

if edinburgh/ birmingahm indian consulate can issue PCC in shortest time then can i apply PCC in birmingham/edinburgh indian consulate, even though i am in London?

Anyway it is indian embassy and process to get it is same..

Keep me update if you know of..

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
You will have to check the jurisdiction of indian consulate. If I am not wrong you can apply to an indian consulate of your jurisdication only ie depending on where you live.

sadiqmaknojia

Star Member
Jul 14, 2009
United Kingdom
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29/03/23
Med's Done....
04/05/23
Hello Desai / others,

I am about to send my full app. to London CHC by the end of this month under FSW and need ur advice

in ur point six i.e. 6. Education/Training/Qualifications

-did u just send the certified copies of ur SSC transcripts & other certificats or the original as well?
-and what if uni and college transcripts whcih are sealed in the envelope are original do u still need to send the originals(the one issued at the the of passing the relevent course) normally they copy the origianl(the one issued at the the of passing the relevent course) and than stamp it and sealed it but wht if they print it out again?

seems a bit confussing but hope u will understand wht i mean and plz tell me wht u did and whts ur suggessions if u r not came accross to the above quary

thanks in advance but i will ask u more questions in the weeks coming ahead

thank you

SDESAI1981

Star Member
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Sandiqmaknojia

I have not submitted my documents to London CHC yet.

I have prepared Certified Copies of all Educational Document of my self & my wife (only sealed transcript for me is original).

I am not going to submit certified copie of transcipt for me but I am going to submit all certifed marksheets for my wife.

Hope this help.

Sorry for delay as i was bit busy since last dew days.

Regards
Desai

SDESAI1981

Star Member
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Deepakbabbar

I agree with Singh123.

On Indian Consulate Edinburgh website clearly state below:
Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
Police Clearance Certificates / Certificates of Character are sometimes required by many foreign governments for considering applications for residential status or employment. Indian Passport holders residing in Scotland may apply for PCC in the Consulate General of India, Edinburgh. Application form may be downloaded from our website and completed form along with current Indian Passport, photocopy of the passport and two photographs may be submitted personally or through Post. Fee for this Service is UK Pounds 15/-. In case of Postal applications, a postal order of value £ 15/- in the name of CGI, Edinburgh and a Pre-paid, Self Addressed Special Delivery envelope for returning the documents may please be enclosed.

Hope this help.

Regards
Desai

DeepakBabbar said:
Hi Singh123/Desai,

Thanks to both of you for all the information posted.

that raises another question now..

if edinburgh/ birmingahm indian consulate can issue PCC in shortest time then can i apply PCC in birmingham/edinburgh indian consulate, even though i am in London?

Anyway it is indian embassy and process to get it is same..

Keep me update if you know of..

SDESAI1981

Star Member
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Singh 123

I have spoke with my friend in London yesterday and he is still wating for PCC from Indian Consulate London.

Regards
Desai