+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling educational history in EE

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Hi,

I hold master degree from Canada (No ECA required) and Bachelors from back home. I know I don't need ECA for my Bachelors degree as I am already getting points the masters degree earned in Canada.
My question is, do I need to provide Bachelors degree information despite the fact that I am already getting points for my Masters degree.
What if I provide info on Bachelors degree and then after filing application after ITA they refuse or raise question to do ECA for my Bachelors. I know in either case I have to provide this info in background declaration but I am concerend wether to put Bachelors degree info (having no ECA) in the EE profile or not.
Please advise and thanks in advance.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Yes, you should get an ECA for Bachelors because having two degrees can bring you more points in the 'Skills Transferrability Factors'. Do you have Canadian experience as well? Have you already maxed out Skills Transferrability to 100 points?

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
lampbreaker said:
Yes, you should get an ECA for Bachelors because having two degrees can bring you more points in the 'Skills Transferrability Factors'. Do you have Canadian experience as well? Have you already maxed out Skills Transferrability to 100 points?
Thanks for the response.
Being a married person, I am already getting 126 points for my Canadian Masters degree. I strongly believe that getting ECA for my Bachelor won't get me extra points.
You probably couldn't understand my question.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
You don't get extra points in the Core/human capital category, but in the Skill Transferability factors category you do get extra points for having two degrees. Those two are different things. But if you have already maxed out Skill Transferability factors to 100 points without using the two degrees, then you don't need to enter the Bachelors degree in your profile. If you enter it and get points for that second degree, you will have to provide ECA for that.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
lampbreaker said:
You don't get extra points in the Core/human capital category, but in the Skill Transferability factors category you do get extra points for having two degrees. Those two are different things. But if you have already maxed out Skill Transferability factors to 100 points without using the two degrees, then you don't need to enter the Bachelors degree in your profile. If you enter it and get points for that second degree, you will have to provide ECA for that.
Hi Lampbreaker,

Thanks but you need to work out on your understanding about how the CRS accumulate points.

ee2015ok

Apr 10, 2015
se7en said:
Hi,

I hold master degree from Canada (No ECA required) and Bachelors from back home. I know I don't need ECA for my Bachelors degree as I am already getting points the masters degree earned in Canada.
My question is, do I need to provide Bachelors degree information despite the fact that I am already getting points for my Masters degree.
What if I provide info on Bachelors degree and then after filing application after ITA they refuse or raise question to do ECA for my Bachelors. I know in either case I have to provide this info in background declaration but I am concerend wether to put Bachelors degree info (having no ECA) in the EE profile or not.
Please advise and thanks in advance.
Hi, I did my master here in Canada. Before, I tried to put in my bachelor degree on ee, didn't get me more points. Right now, I only put my master degree on the profile. Not sure if we "should" put all the post-graduate degrees in the education part... Also waiting for advice :)

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
ee2015ok said:
Hi, I did my master here in Canada. Before, I tried to put in my bachelor degree on ee, didn't get me more points. Right now, I only put my master degree on the profile. Not sure if we "should" put all the post-graduate degrees in the education part... Also waiting for advice :)
Hi ee2015ok,

I guess I am gonna provide the information of my non-ECA bachelors degree because I am not getting any points for it. The only points I am getting is for my Canadian masters degree.
I tried putting only my masters degree info and then both masters and bachelors and I got the same points as nothing changed.

ee2015ok

Apr 10, 2015
se7en said:
Hi ee2015ok,

I guess I am gonna provide the information of my non-ECA bachelors degree because I am not getting any points for it. The only points I am getting is for my Canadian masters degree.
I tried putting only my masters degree info and then both masters and bachelors and I got the same points as nothing changed.
Hi se7en, yes, I maybe do the same thing since no difference in the points. But the 9th draw is a real disappointment. I'll wait and see..

sidhu7786

Sep 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-April-2015
Doc's Request.
ITA 22-may-2015
AOR Received.
june-5-2015
Med's Done....
June-19-2015
Passport Req..
Oct-27-2015
hello i just have an enquiry.
i did highschool in india and just got a 1 year diploma in canada.
i got ITA in FSW, do i need to get ECA for high school or my canadian education makes it unnecessary?

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
sidhu7786 said:
hello i just have an enquiry.
i did highschool in india and just got a 1 year diploma in canada.
i got ITA in FSW, do i need to get ECA for high school or my canadian education makes it unnecessary?
Are you getting points for your non-ECA high school cert?

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
FYI!! I am sure someone in this community had his application cancelled because CIC wanted ECA for bachelors. Might as well get it done. I see no harm.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
I am unable to get appropriate answer for the question if we should fill the info for non-ECA degrees/diplomas?
Anyone who got ITA can answer this question. with respect ITA receivers, please answer to this question

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
dukhi said:
As per my lawyer you have to mention it...no eca doesnt matter
Thanks dukhi.

Did you submit your application? Did they request something like ECA? I am ok if they request for non-Canadian degrees having no ECA.