12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
jo_1501 said:
Notice – Fee Returns for Federal Skilled Worker applicants affected by the backlog elimination measure
October 12, 2012

The content below is offered in PDF format. For more information or to download the appropriate viewer, check the Help page.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is now starting to return fees which were paid to the Department for Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications affected by the Government of Canada's Jobs, Growth and Long-Term Prosperity Act.

If you applied before February 27, 2008, and have not heard from CIC about whether a decision based on FSW program selection criteria (*see below) was made on your application, you may be affected by this new law.

If you fall under this category, CIC needs to verify your contact information is up to date so that your fee return will reach you at your current address. Please note that interest will not be paid on the fees.

Please confirm your latest contact details by sending CIC this form (PDF, 1.4 MB). While we will also contact you by regular mail later on if we do not hear from you, communicating with us electronically is the best and easiest way to have your fee return processed.

Due to the large number of affected applicants, the fee return process may take some time from the date your form is received by CIC to the issuance of your cheque. We appreciate your patience.

Your FSW application has been terminated by operation of law if:

•you applied before February 27, 2008, and
•a decision based on FSW program selection criteria* was not made on your application by an immigration officer before March 29, 2012.
(*A “FSW program selection criteria” decision means that a CIC officer has determined that you have accumulated enough points to qualify for the program, based on factors such as your language skills, education and work experience.)

If you remain interested in immigrating to Canada, you may be eligible under other immigration programs. To find out more about the requirements and steps to apply in each category, please see Immigrating to Canada[/font]

THis was taken from theCIC website based on this article i don't know where we stand cause one minute they are at court and noot issuing refunds untill a decision is made then this atricle is contradicting that. Please someone shed some light.
jo_1501: Yes, you are right. CIC in the court is saying that it will not close the files of the applicants for 2 years and later in its website it is posting that except few, most of the applications will be terminated by law and the fee refunded. CIC is a bundle of contradictions. CIC was (and also is) not fair in its dealings and has done great harm to we applicants who are waiting in the queue so quietly all these days in good faith. Now the time has come for us to fight against CIC and CIC has begun to feel the heat. It is now wartime with CIC. The battle has already started. Let us see who wins.

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
jo_1501: Here is some heartening news, as well, from CIC (but it is relatively old news, dated 29 June 2012). Please look at the text found far below in blue colour.

Operational Bulletin 442 - June 29, 2012
Cessation of Processing and Return of Fees for Certain Federal Skilled Worker Applications

Summary
Processing of certain applications made under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program prior to February 27, 2008, is to cease effective June 29, 2012, and fees paid to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) in respect of the affected applications are to be returned to the person who paid them as required by law.

Issue
This Operational Bulletin (OB) provides guidance on steps to be taken to terminate certain FSW applications made prior to February 27, 2008, as per amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) that were enacted as part of the Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act and come into force on June 29, 2012.

Background
The Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act eliminates the majority of the backlog in the FSW program by terminating applications and returning fees paid to CIC by certain FSW applicants who applied prior to February 27, 2008. The requirement to terminate certain FSW applications takes legal effect upon the coming into force of relevant provisions of the Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act on June 29, 2012.

An application by a foreign national for a permanent resident visa as a member of the prescribed class of federal skilled workers that was made before February 27, 2008, is terminated if, before March 29, 2012, it has not been established by an officer, in accordance with the regulations, whether the applicant meets the selection criteria and other requirements applicable to that class.

Processing Instructions
Visa offices are to cease processing of FSW applications made prior to February 27, 2008, in accordance with the following instructions:

TABLE

Note: No further action is required at this time on the part of visa offices for those applications that are terminated in accordance with the above instructions.

Establishing that a decision has been made as to whether the applicant meets selection criteria
A decision as to whether the applicant meets selection criteria was made if, prior to March 29, 2012, at least one of the following actions was taken:

a selection decision was entered into the processing system (“SELDEC” in the Computer-Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS) or “Eligibility – Passed” / “Eligibility – Failed” in the Global Case Management System (GCMS));
the file notes clearly state that the selection criteria have or have not been met, but a selection decision has not yet been entered into the processing system;
a negative decision had previously been made, but the file had been re-opened for a redetermination further to an order by a Superior Court (which includes the Federal Court) or a settlement agreement entered into by way of a Court order made prior to March 29, 2012.

A decision as to whether the applicant met selection criteria was not made prior to March 29, 2012, if any of the following situations applied as of that date:

a preliminary review of the documentation has taken place, but a selection decision has not been entered into the processing system or documented as described above;
additional documentation had been requested from the applicant but has not been received, or a selection interview is pending;
additional documents were received that could have served to make a selection decision, but the selection decision has not been entered in the processing system or documented as described above. For instance, receipt of an Arranged Employment Opinion (AEO) or a response to an officer's request for additional information prior to March 29, 2012.

Establishing that a final decision has been made
In establishing that final decision has been made on an application, at least one of the following actions must have been taken:

a final decision was entered into the processing system (“FINDEC” in the Computer-Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS) or “Final – Approved” / “Final – Refused” in the Global Case Management System (GCMS));
the file notes clearly state that a final decision has been rendered, but the decision has not yet been entered into the processing system.

Returning fees paid to CIC
The. process of returning fees paid to CIC in concert with the termination of affected applications will be centralized at NHQ – Finance in consultation with visa offices as required.

Fee returns and communications with affected applicants will be initiated by CIC in due course.

The basis for the amounts to be refunded will be the POS+ data at missions. NHQ – Finance will communicate with affected missions in due course to provide further instructions on the extraction of required data. The POS+ data will subsequently be matched with the eligible cases extracted from CAIPS/GCMS and will form the baseline data for the purpose of returning fees to the payee.

NHQ – Finance will communicate with eligible applicants in due course to confirm contact and payee information prior to initiating any return of fees paid to CIC, and will allow a reasonable period of time for applicants to respond. In cases where no response to any initial and any follow-up communications is received, applications are still terminated, but action may still be taken at a future date to return fees to the person who paid them.

Fee returns will be issued in the appropriate currency for the country in which the person who paid them resides, using the daily exchange conversion rate in effect on the date of issuance.

Unsuccessful applicants who had paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) will continue to be entitled to a return of that fee in accordance with existing procedures.

File retention
The files and supporting documentation associated with terminated applications will be retained for a period of at least two years from the last point of administrative use, in accordance with current information management practices and retention requirements.

The last point of administrative use will generally be considered to be the date on which fees paid to CIC are returned to the applicant.

Federal Court challenge to section 87.4 of IRPA
The amendments contained in section 87.4 of the IRPA terminating FSW applications are subject to litigation. The result of that litigation could affect how the terminated FSW applications are handled in the future. Further information will be provided as the litigation progresses.

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
Do not worry about what CIC says in the court and posts in its website. CIC is no more trustworthy. CIC is against we pre-Feb 2008 applicants and is terming us as 'backlog' and a hurdle to Canada's growth. CIC wants to eliminate us somehow or other. It is using against us whatever weapon it has in its arsenal. Every now and then it is posting News Releases, Backgrounders, Statements, Speeches, Notices and Main Page Lead Stories in its website about its determination to eliminate us. No matter whatever it does, it is bound to obey Canada's judiciary.

Now, we are not at the mercy of CIC. It is only CIC that is at the mercy of Canada's court for all its wrongdoings.

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
Tim Leahy has suddenly stopped answering my e mails. I sent him a very important question 2 days ago and no reply,,,,
Does he respond to your emails?

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
I fully agree that CIC is no more trustworthy but again our cases will be process by them (the court will rule only on to proceed or not may be on priority basis) and all of us knows CIC has other reasons to get rid of us. As they really deal us backlogger and outdated as per the current demand.

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
Dear forum members,

Is anyone a client of the following lawyers?
Ms. Mary Lam
Mr. Robert Blanshay
Mr. Lawrence Wong
Mr. Rocco Galati
Ms. Wennie Lee
Ms. Erin Roth

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
Warmest why are you mentioning these lawyers_ anything wrong with them?

sbernados

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP 02-05-2018
Doc's Request.
PNP 15-06-2018
Nomination.....
17-08-2018
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Med's Request
29-08-2018
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
Passport Req..
07-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2019
LANDED..........
07-06-2019
[/quote] hi hopeful4, i just notice your profile, are you under fsw simplified application? I notice that your VO Requested for your IELTS? Why did they ask for your IELTS? As far as i know old applicants are not required to submit IElts based on the old policy. Just curious.

Sujman

Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2007
Doc's Request.
05-01-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2008
IELTS Request
05-05-2009
Med's Request
29-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
hopeful4 said:
Really ? I Had no idea about that . I Might actually consider it since the core of their lawsuit is about files that were closed while my file is still open (I found out later that I am one of the 20k whose files were not closed). A refund will help me to pay Tim the rest of his fees. I will contact them and see. I expect they will never issue a full refund because they already pied for me 50 as fees in the court
Hi hopeful4,

Hoe did you come to know that your file is not closed and you are within 20k whoes files were not closed. Please let me know. I am a pre Feb 2008 applicant. Applied Dec 2007. I did my medicals in January 2012 and submitted all requested updated docuemts to CIC. Thereafter no response from CIC so far. When I did a case specific inquiry, Colombo VO replied "Please be advised that no selection decision was made before 29 March 2012 on this Federal Skilled Worker application. Please refer to CIC website notices ( I am not allowed to mention link at here by the system)for more information about the legislation that affects your application."
I am realy confused on this reply which received even after completing medicals. What is your/(any one who wish to comment) advice to me at this stage? I have not joined with litigation so far and waiting CIC come to me with their decision officially.

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
Sujman
your case is very strange because you have done your medicals in January , which means a selection decision was made prior to that date. How come CIC claimed later that no decision was made in your case prior to 27th of FEebraury 2012?
THe CIC site clearly states that if a selection decision based on the points grid was made before 27th of Feebraury 2012 than your file will not be closed.
You can order your caips notes and if you find a seldec 1 or 4 before 27th of February 2012?, you have the right to sue CIC

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
Sbernados
We were asked to submit IELTS withall documents. I Have never heard that someone did not submit IELTS,,,it was mandatory even before February 2008.

Jewel1020

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopeful4 said:
Sbernados
We were asked to submit IELTS withall documents. I Have never heard that someone did not submit IELTS,,,it was mandatory even before February 2008.
Q3. Is there any reason why I wouldn't get my fees returned?
The new law affects FSW applicants who applied before February 27, 2008, did not have a decision based on selection criteria before March 29, 2012, and whose cases were not finalized by June 29, 2012. If an immigration officer refused your application before the law came into force on June 29, 2012, you will not get your money back.

Hi Hopeful4
What is the CIC indicating by "whose cases where not finalized by June 29 2012"

Jewel 1020

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
ANY UPDATION FROM THE DESK OF TIM LAHEY.?

jevan

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2007
AOR Received.
19-June-2007
Sujman said:
Hi hopeful4,

Hoe did you come to know that your file is not closed and you are within 20k whoes files were not closed. Please let me know. I am a pre Feb 2008 applicant. Applied Dec 2007. I did my medicals in January 2012 and submitted all requested updated docuemts to CIC. Thereafter no response from CIC so far. When I did a case specific inquiry, Colombo VO replied "Please be advised that no selection decision was made before 29 March 2012 on this Federal Skilled Worker application. Please refer to CIC website notices ( I am not allowed to mention link at here by the system)for more information about the legislation that affects your application."
I am realy confused on this reply which received even after completing medicals. What is your/(any one who wish to comment) advice to me at this stage? I have not joined with litigation so far and waiting CIC come to me with their decision officially.
@sujman,
Dear apply for CAIPS notes as soon as possible,it will clear all the situation.

jevan

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2007
AOR Received.
19-June-2007
Dear Friends,
i have joined David Cohen's firm for litigation in early september 2012,,is it better to continue him OR i should join Tim Leahy too in parallel??or should wait for next hearing?
Kindly help me in sort out mind confusions.
jevan.