+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Police Certificate (Mexico)

ctrujillo

Nov 2, 2011
Hi,

I received the letter from CCP in Ottawa to send both the State and Federal Police Certificates from Mexico at the end of August. According to the Canadian Immigration website:

How to obtain a police certificate
Mexico
Federal Police Certificates – If you live outside Mexico

If you live outside Mexico, the federal police certificate you will need is called the Informe de datos registrales.

To obtain this form, you must send:

1) Two sets of original fingerprints that meet these standards:

rolled and flat impressions of all ten fingers taken with black ink
full name, date of birth and sex of the applicant
the name and address of the police agency
the signature of the officer taking the fingerprints

To have your fingerprints taken
If you are in:

Canada: Please contact a fingerprinting agency, or go to the closest local police station.
All other countries: Please go to the closest local police station. (In some countries the Mexican Embassy or Consulate will be able to assist you)

2) Three photographs of the front, and three of the right profile: passport size (With no makeup, earrings, glasses, beard, moustache, sideburns—no exceptions)

3) One legible copy of your passport’s bio-page (the page where your picture and full name appear).

4) Quote your file number, your name, date of birth, and the name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or Case Processing Centre where your file is.

Do not send any other documents or provide any payments.

I need to send all the required documents to (if I live outside of Mexico):

Immigration Section
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193
Col. Granada
11520 Mexico, D.F

UPS confirmed the documents were received at this address Sept 02, 2011. I am very confident I sent all of the documents required above. On the website it is not specified what proceeds, whether the Certificate will be sent directly to you or to the Processing Center. I just received an email stating they have not received this document and it is the only one missing since everything else is ok. I have now one month to send this document, but I have no idea what would proceed, who I should contact and very importantly how I would know that, if in need be, I send the fingerprints ($150), pics ($50), plus sending ($80) again, they wont lose it, or would inform me if there is a problem, since I only have one month. If I don't, after all this work and money, all my documents will be returned to me. I have called CIC and Service Canada, and could not answer my questions. PLEASE ADVICE and this is very time sensitive. I really appreciate your help.

salmtzo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Hi ctrujillo,

I send my state police certificate with my application and then, when CIC ask for it, send all documents to the Canadian Embassy in México for the Federal police certificate; my question to you is this, what did you do to send your state police certificate?, the process that you described below only covers Federal Police Certificate; Maybe they are asking for the State Police Certificate, from my state BC (Mexican BC) it has to be done in person, I don't know about yours.....

Kind Regards

salmtzo

Gatol

Dec 1, 2011
Hi,

I also sent my information to Mexico for the Federal Police Certificate on Oct 20, 2011(for PR) and follow the same steps (processing outside from Mexico) I got the UPS confirmation that a guy names Osvaldo Salinas Receive it at the mail room. Now on Nov 30 I got an email from the case processing from Ottawa stating that they have not received my Federal Police Certificate.

Do you got an answer else were if they are suposed to send it back to us or they send it directly to Ottawa?

Have tried to contact Ottawa and Mexico Canadian Embassy and got no answer :(

Thanks!
Gatol

bravosix

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
When I applied for my study permit a few years ago, they asked me to submit a No Criminal Record certificate, which I believe is the same?

I haven't been back home (Mexico) since I came here, so when applying for CEC? will they ask me for that record again even though I haven't been back?

Thanks

salmtzo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
bravosix,

Yes they will, Police Certificates have expiring dates, It does not metter if you haven't been back there.

Cheers

ctrujillo

Nov 2, 2011
Yeah, I sent an email to every email possible and responded to the Immigration Officer by stating the facts and a couple of days after he emailed me back saying that it had been a mistake and the file was found. Later, I got an email back from the Consulate in Mexico saying that they had sent it a while ago back to Canada. So, yeah, I'm now in the process of waiting for my passport back, check it out, in person they give you your passport back even within the day and it has been over a month and they haven't sent it yet, I got screwed for xmas, I don't know how they can keep the passport for that long even when you provide the returning envelop. It is what it is, I'm glad soon I don't have to worry about this anymore!

giaas

May 24, 2012
Hi,
I live in canada, and followed the instructions of how to obtain police certificates. I sent everything off to mexico, and it arrived at the end of March, following all of the requirements, and i just recieved a letter from immigration canada saying that if I dont meet these requirements in 60 days my application will be sent back. it is not clear to me if the police reports will come back to me or go to immigration canada directly. Anyone else experienced this?

Federal Police Certificates – If you live outside Mexico

If you live outside Mexico, the federal police certificate you will need is called the Informe de datos registrales.

To obtain this form, you must send:

1) Two sets of original fingerprints that meet these standards:

rolled and flat impressions of all ten fingers taken with black ink
full name, date of birth and sex of the applicant
the name and address of the police agency
the signature of the officer taking the fingerprints

To have your fingerprints taken
If you are in:

Canada: Please contact a fingerprinting agency, or go to the closest local police station.
All other countries: Please go to the closest local police station. (In some countries the Mexican Embassy or Consulate will be able to assist you)

2) Three photographs of the front, and three of the right profile: passport size (With no makeup, earrings, glasses, beard, moustache, sideburns—no exceptions)

3) One legible copy of your passport’s bio-page (the page where your picture and full name appear).

4) Quote your file number, your name, date of birth, and the name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or Case Processing Centre where your file is.

Do not send any other documents or provide any payments.

Send the above to:

Immigration Section
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193
Col. Granada
11520 Mexico, D.F

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Hello CTrujillo,follow the instructions and send the requested documents as soon as possible. After the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City receives your package, they will request the Federal Police Clearance on your behalf. They will send it to Ottawa (give them about four weeks to get your Federal PC)...Be patiente, the next time you hear from CCP Otawa it will be for your passport request. (As long your criminal background comes clean).
Good luck, you are almost there.

mirandaa

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Hello Susana,
They also requested me the Federal police certificates as well as my medical. And I follow the instructions on the web site and send everything already. But do I need to get the state certifactes as well? Because eventhough I will be traveling to Mexico soon I don't know if it would be necessary to get those as well. I'm so confused hope you can help me clearing this up.

Miranda

susana said:
Hello CTrujillo,follow the instructions and send the requested documents as soon as possible. After the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City receives your package, they will request the Federal Police Clearance on your behalf. They will send it to Ottawa (give them about four weeks to get your Federal PC)...Be patiente, the next time you hear from CCP Otawa it will be for your passport request. (As long your criminal background comes clean).
Good luck, you are almost there.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mirandaa said:
Hello Susana,
They also requested me the Federal police certificates as well as my medical. And I follow the instructions on the web site and send everything already. But do I need to get the state certifactes as well? Because eventhough I will be traveling to Mexico soon I don't know if it would be necessary to get those as well. I'm so confused hope you can help me clearing this up.

Miranda
No, you don't require state certificates anymore for Mexico. See the OP http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob422.asp

mirandaa

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Thank you PMM, I checked the link and is good to know they don't require state certificates. So you think I'm good by just sending the federal certificates?

PMM said:
Hi

No, you don't require state certificates anymore for Mexico. See the OP http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob422.asp

adrianlc

Aug 20, 2012
Hello everyone,

I have the same problem, i sent my finger prints, photos, and copy of passport the same adress in Mexico city by the end of july , (july 30th) now is september 7th and i havent hear anything from them, I already received an email from Ottawa and they said they havent received anything. Do you know how long does it take from the time i sent my documents to Mexico city until the time they send them to Ottawa? can you please help me with my questio?

cafflaca

Oct 8, 2012
Does anyone know how long it will take for them to send me the "informe de datos registrales"? They received all my papers on Sep 20, 2012... I havent had any news from the embassy... I am so stress out!! :(

mendi

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Hola!

I have some questions about the PCCs please, give me some advise

The webpage says that I have to provide:

• Certificate from Procuraduría General de la República (PGR) - Informe de datos registrales
• Certificate from Secretaría de Seguridad Pública (SSP).

And they also say that “The visa office where you submit your application will contact you when they need this information”

So here are my Questions/doubts….

1.- First doubt, I will go to Mexico soon for holidays, so I was thinking that maybe I could start to process this certificates, but I am quite unsure because they haven´t really requested them. So far I have received the AOR and medical request. My application is inland (Sydney, NS). Is it a good idea?

2.- About the SSP certificate, the instructions are not so clear for me, my understanding is that I can go directly to the SSP, receive the certificate and I send it to the visa office. So, in this case, (and different from the medical results and PGR certificate) I can receive the results and (me) send it to the visa office? Or they have to send the results directly to the visa office (like meds and PGR)?

3.- Provided I could process the SSP by myself, and me getting the certificate, then I could send that certificate together with the required documents to process the PGR certificate (fingerprints, passport Bio, pics..) to the Mexico Visa Office (Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra….) anyways, I would have to send to the same place the same documents from Canada. The difference is that I would send it from Mexico.

Any advise on this?
Can you please share your experience with this process?

Muchas gracias!!

cafflaca

Oct 8, 2012
mendi said:
Hola!

I have some questions about the PCCs please, give me some advise

The webpage says that I have to provide:

• Certificate from Procuraduría General de la República (PGR) - Informe de datos registrales
• Certificate from Secretaría de Seguridad Pública (SSP).

And they also say that “The visa office where you submit your application will contact you when they need this information”

So here are my Questions/doubts....

1.- First doubt, I will go to Mexico soon for holidays, so I was thinking that maybe I could start to process this certificates, but I am quite unsure because they haven´t really requested them. So far I have received the AOR and medical request. My application is inland (Sydney, NS). Is it a good idea?

2.- About the SSP certificate, the instructions are not so clear for me, my understanding is that I can go directly to the SSP, receive the certificate and I send it to the visa office. So, in this case, (and different from the medical results and PGR certificate) I can receive the results and (me) send it to the visa office? Or they have to send the results directly to the visa office (like meds and PGR)?

3.- Provided I could process the SSP by myself, and me getting the certificate, then I could send that certificate together with the required documents to process the PGR certificate (fingerprints, passport Bio, pics..) to the Mexico Visa Office (Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra....) anyways, I would have to send to the same place the same documents from Canada. The difference is that I would send it from Mexico.

Any advise on this?
Can you please share your experience with this process?

Muchas gracias!!
Hi,
You have to wait until they ask you for the police's certificates. They are only valid for 3 months, so one thing that you can do is give to your parents or any close relative many "cartas poder". They can process your SSP certificate with this document when the embassy require it. I sent all the requirements to Mexico office in order to get my PGR certificate. They can make the process for you. I think it is best way to do it, because there is two different PGR certificates if you live in Mexico or outside Mexico.
Take care!