21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
@freedom4ever ,

My guess is that after the AOR and medicals and if all is well , you should get a message (is it a letter or an e-mail , I am not sure) asking you to pay the RPRF and send your passport for the visa.

Am I correct, everyone ?

Nkusi.

Freedom4ever

May 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I paid the RPRF with the initial fees. i heard that there is a letter called Initial Assessment ?

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Initial assessment ?? Never heard of it.
I never got any assessment from Buffalo. The first news I got was through e-Cas , using my client number (the number I got in my student visa). I could check that my application' status was "in process". And that was it.

Does anyone know of this letter ?

Nkusi.

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
nkusi said:
Initial assessment ?? Never heard of it.
I never got any assessment from Buffalo. The first news I got was through e-Cas , using my client number (the number I got in my student visa). I could check that my application' status was "in process". And that was it.

Does anyone know of this letter ?

Nkusi.
Hi nkusi,

I hav sent my federal file from Canada to Buffalo in this March based on my CSQ but I didn't hear any word from them so far,,, could you pls tell me how we can check the status of our file by e-cas ? As u hav mentioned in ur post that u checked it by using ur student client ID# which even I also have it, Can we check the application status by student client ID# or we have to wait for our immigration File# frm the Visa office??

Thanks
Sher Singh

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Hello sher_singh ,

If you sent your application in March, I think it is too early to see your file activated on e-cas. I sent mine in October 2010, and Buffalo started processing it on 4 March 2011. In my opinion , you should give them another 3 - 4 months before you get the status of "in process" on your e-cas.

Regarding how to check your status.
go to https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas
Change the "Identification type" to "Client ID number" , and use the client ID number (you will find it on your study permit).
Please note that your client ID number has a hyphen (-). E-Cas does not allow you to use it , so you will just skip it and use the digits. For example , if your number is 1234 - 5678 then your e-cas entry will be 12345678 (without hyphen).

Allow me to stress that you application has just arrived in Buffalo. So if they tell you that they got nothing about you, it is quite normal. You still have a few months of waiting.

Bonsoir.

Nkusi

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Sher singh and all,

Just to clear things up: yes you can use Client ID from your Student or Work Permit to check the status of your file. However, you will be able to actually see your file there, i.e. on ecas, when they start processing it. Note: it takes between 20-30 weeks before they do this. That's why you don't see it online yet.

But you will and at that point, they will mail you an Acknoledgment Of Receipt (AOR) envelop too. In this envelop, you will get like most of us did already 1) a receipt of payment, 2) a letter stating they received your file and started assessing it. 3) you might even get medical form along with 4) that is stickers and 5) a letter explaining the steps.

You get AOR when they are doing the initial assessment... so there's no need to wait for another one. If everything is in order, the next mail will be to ask for RPRF and passport (PP) this letter is called Passpotr Request (PPR). If you mail it to them it will take approx. 15 business days to return to you.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
THANKS TO ALL FOR STANDING BY MY SIDE... it makes a huge difference for me right now.

For your info, I went back to talk with my employer yesterday. Before I did, he wanted to talk to me and asked me to come in his office... anyways to make a long story short... we phoned again Services Canada this morning and later this afternoon we faxed the form for LMO. So, I believe next week I'll be able to send my application to CIC and be issued a Work Permit.

I'm thankfull that I waited on God's direction and did not try to use a way I wouldn't be proud of really.
Also, my pp was delayed till tomorrow by Fedex... go figure why!?

Let's wait for Buffalo now that these are almost out of the way!!!! hihihi..
But, thank you again pals you help me stay strong :)

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
hey thanks a lot nkusi and ae03yy for ur valuable inputs, and yes i think i shud have to wait for 2-3 months more :-X ... I even tried nkusi's e-cas link but got nothing, seems like they didnt even touch my file :mad: ...You guys even know how hard is to wait :mad:

One thing more that i wants to ask is that I already sent them two demand drafts, one for Processing fee and another for RPRF. Is that fine as I have sent this RPRF fee draft in advance to them along with my application.

thanks again,

Sher Singh

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Glad for U, ae03yy ! Looks like things are getting back on right track.
You help a lot of us . The least we could is sympathize with U in all that tribulation .
Your faith has paid off.

Good luck with the LMO.

Nkusi

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats ae03yy!!this is really great news! :D

You're proof that faith and doing things honestly pay off in the end! All the best with your work permit application and here's to you getting your shiny new passport soon! The first visa on it is going to be the much coveted maple leaf, I just know it! :)

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
very well said, Fairooz! Congrats AEo3yy

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
lol fairooz and but you all have a role to play in this sooo... the congrats should be for all !!!
About Buffalo, I can't wait to see CAIPS Notes. Has anyone received his recently.

@sher singh
When I initially mailed my envelop to Buffalo, I also sent my application with rprf so you should be all good.

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
ae03yy said:
lol fairooz and but you all have a role to play in this sooo... the congrats should be for all !!!
About Buffalo, I can't wait to see CAIPS Notes. Has anyone received his recently.

@ sher singh
When I initially mailed my envelop to Buffalo, I also sent my application with rprf so you should be all good.
Oh Kool and now ur wait has been ended up here finally ,, congratulations on getting ur visa ;) .,,...
How long the federal part took after you submitted your initial file with CSQ to Buffalo?? Could you pls share ur timelines?

Thanks n congrats once again.

Sher Singh

gedubruk

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong / Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
Nomination.....
16-08-2010
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
Med's Request
16-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03- 2011
Interview........
16-08- 2010
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi every one, just wondering if any one will know the answer of my question bellow?

I originally put my application in at Hong Kong office, had interview there and received my CSQ from that visa office.

While my case was still in process there I came to montreal on Nov 2009 under study permit. Therefore after I got my CSQ on August 2010, my lawyer forwarded my federal application to Buffalo office. I received the AOR last march as well as the medical form. I completed the medical check end of March.

For now, as my current permit will expired next August, I wonder if anyone could share the time line before Passport Request. ...

The thing is I need to plan my next move, cause in order to extend my temporary status I have to start the process the latest by end of june I suppose. So any input in regards with time line for Buffalo office after the medical check will be appreciated.

Thanks

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
gedubruk said:
For now, as my current permit will expired next August, I wonder if anyone could share the time line before Passport Request. ...

The thing is I need to plan my next move, cause in order to extend my temporary status I have to start the process the latest by end of june I suppose. So any input in regards with time line for Buffalo office after the medical check will be appreciated.
hi there

two things for you to consider:

1) you should request for you CAIPS notes and look up for BF'date. It will say when next they are planning on accessing your file. Obtaining CAIPS is a process free of charge if you have legal status in Canada but it takes 30 days for them to process it.
2) think about applying for Post-Grad Work Permit if you are eligible. It is a simplified process for anyone who's a post-secondary new graduate and you should apply ahead of time, if you wanna be able to work and get some $$$. (I would encourage you to start now, if possible)
Due to the greaat backlog they have to process WP, you might receive PR and land long before... and if so, they will stop processsing WP requeest and refund you. So, there's nothing to lose

Regarding your application, manyt of us received AOR +Med'l in March and are awaitin eversince. That's why getting Caips notes is maybe the best idea or else checking updates on CIC website to have an idea on timeline.