+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2024 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Pedrorh

Oct 7, 2024
Hey guys,

I applied Feb 9th and got my P1 email around 2 weeks ago. Then last week I got my COPR (at least thats what it seems). Is it normal to get before the P2 email? As they said on the P1, I should be waiting another email from them.

publichealthnerd

May 25, 2023
Hey guys,

I applied Feb 9th and got my P1 email around 2 weeks ago. Then last week I got my COPR (at least thats what it seems). Is it normal to get before the P2 email? As they said on the P1, I should be waiting another email from them.
It is unlikely this is your COPR if you haven't yet declared your physical presence in Canada (which you do in the portal after getting P2). What does the message say?

Pedrorh

Oct 7, 2024
In my tracker page it says I have a COPR with a number valid until march 21 2025. My P1 document said to wait for them so I could upload or send my photo and physical address through the IRCC portal or maybe via email. I haven't received any other emails yet.

BTW, everything marks as complete, even background.

publichealthnerd

May 25, 2023
In my tracker page it says I have a COPR with a number valid until march 21 2025. My P1 document said to wait for them so I could upload or send my photo and physical address through the IRCC portal or maybe via email. I haven't received any other emails yet.

BTW, everything marks as complete, even background.
Oh, I see. That number shows up in the tracker when you're approved, but it's not the official COPR document yet (so you can't use it for travel, getting a SIN, etc). You'll get the official document after submitting those things through the portal after you get the P2 email.

I'm in the same waiting stage as you! Applied Feb 7th, received P1 on September 26th, and still waiting for P2 and eCOPR. Background is marked as complete and I also have a COPR number in the tracker. Hopefully not too much longer.