+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>> February 2024 AOR <<<<<<<<

Dreamcamethru

Star Member
May 6, 2019
ok, so basically it took you 8 months since ita. I got ita and aor on the same day (Feb 17)... It's now 6 months of waiting so I guess maybe September or October they'll respond ? Hopefully !

rumbas00

Jun 9, 2024
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
23-02-2024
ok, so basically it took you 8 months since ita. I got ita and aor on the same day (Feb 17)... It's now 6 months of waiting so I guess maybe September or October they'll respond ? Hopefully !
The current forward looking processing time as listed on the IRCC website is 5 months. So from that perspective you are at 6 months and technically closer to the finish line. However from what I have read on various forums, it is not possible to accurately predict and the best one can do, is wait patiently.

Reactions: Dreamcamethru

Dreamcamethru

Star Member
May 6, 2019
The current forward looking processing time as listed on the IRCC website is 5 months. So from that perspective you are at 6 months and technically closer to the finish line. However from what I have read on various forums, it is not possible to accurately predict and the best one can do, is wait patiently.
Yes, I know ... The ircc website has been saying 5 months since last year... I call them almost every week to see what the hold up is all about... I was a bit discouraged to see that there are cases where your file could be placed with an inactive officer thereby delaying the whole process. Cbc news did a whole investigation on this through access to information so... It's not even a matter of waiting, it's just wanting some transparency on their part... They've been doing background check since May...your timeline like many others was processed in a month... I can't see why mine is taking so long when I have a super clean record, I came here right after high school and have been here since that time so... It's hard to wait considering these factors

rumbas00

Jun 9, 2024
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
23-02-2024
Yes, I know ... The ircc website has been saying 5 months since last year... I call them almost every week to see what the hold up is all about... I was a bit discouraged to see that there are cases where your file could be placed with an inactive officer thereby delaying the whole process. Cbc news did a whole investigation on this through access to information so... It's not even a matter of waiting, it's just wanting some transparency on their part... They've been doing background check since May...your timeline like many others was processed in a month... I can't see why mine is taking so long when I have a super clean record, I came here right after high school and have been here since that time so... It's hard to wait considering these factors
Agreed. The lack of specific details around the progress of a background check is definitely frustrating.

djidji

Aug 2, 2024
Hi everyone
ITA 01/02/2024 FSW French skilled
AOR 28/02/2024
BIL 18/04/2024
VM 10/04/2024
ADR 01/05/2024
AOR ADR 10/05/2024
Reel IP1
Security, criminalité not started
Infos sharing passed
Gu Reel IP2 26/06/2024
Éligibilité passed
Criminalité passed
Gu nothing change ( security in progress)
Gu 16/08/2024
I think it's about security, I call IRCC But nothing change and security still in progress
What about this last Gu ????
I'm disappointed I thought that the PPR is soon

April2023

Nov 30, 2023
Hi everyone
ITA 01/02/2024 FSW French skilled
AOR 28/02/2024
BIL 18/04/2024
VM 10/04/2024
ADR 01/05/2024
AOR ADR 10/05/2024
Reel IP1
Security, criminalité not started
Infos sharing passed
Gu Reel IP2 26/06/2024
Éligibilité passed
Criminalité passed
Gu nothing change ( security in progress)
Gu 16/08/2024
I think it's about security, I call IRCC But nothing change and security still in progress
What about this last Gu ????
I'm disappointed I thought that the PPR is soon
What is your VO please? Are u a single applicant or you have dependents?

r_a

Jan 22, 2024
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-02-2024
Med's Done....
13-04-2024
Hi all, It's been 5 months since my last update (Biometric pass). So last month I ordered GCMS note, which I received today. It mentioned that Security is In Progress. All other assessments are passed.

The issue is in the details report, it says my spouse's security is Passed but my security A34 field is labeled as 'Comprehensive Check'. I am puzzled as to why would they sent me to 'Comprehensive' but not my spouse (Dependant applicant). I presume her check was only done by CSIS (as all others who got their FD update in a week after Medical / Eligibility pass.). Is it normal to have different security screening within same application but different applicants?

I saw that Comprehensive security screening takes 2-3 years to complete. That on it's own is frustrating, and to top it off my PVO is Edmonton CPC, another well known slow moving VO.

Not sure if this was the right place to post about this. Any links to security screening threads/ forums are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Benz_Dhihya

Sep 7, 2022
Hi all, It's been 5 months since my last update (Biometric pass). So last month I ordered GCMS note, which I received today. It mentioned that Security is In Progress. All other assessments are passed.

The issue is in the details report, it says my spouse's security is Passed but my security A34 field is labeled as 'Comprehensive Check'. I am puzzled as to why would they sent me to 'Comprehensive' but not my spouse (Dependant applicant). I presume her check was only done by CSIS (as all others who got their FD update in a week after Medical / Eligibility pass.). Is it normal to have different security screening within same application but different applicants?

I saw that Comprehensive security screening takes 2-3 years to complete. That on it's own is frustrating, and to top it off my PVO is Edmonton CPC, another well known slow moving VO.

Not sure if this was the right place to post about this. Any links to security screening threads/ forums are welcome. Thanks in advance.
Hello, I am in the same situation, ITA: 3 Feb, AOR: 11 Mars, Security in progress: 14 May. I ordered GCMS notes few weeks ago and it seems that I am under Security Screening. As I understood this kind of process has an avearge time duration of about 10 months. It is so frustrating but nothing we can do just waiting.

April2023

Nov 30, 2023
Hello, I am in the same situation, ITA: 3 Feb, AOR: 11 Mars, Security in progress: 14 May. I ordered GCMS notes few weeks ago and it seems that I am under Security Screening. As I understood this kind of process has an avearge time duration of about 10 months. It is so frustrating but nothing we can do just waiting.
I’m sorry to hear that your situation. I’m still waiting for security check.

Do you have any idea the reason why your application sent to comprehensive check? Like does your application have military service records or criminal history etc?