+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

NaumanK

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Dubai
That change in progress bar does not mean they are still working. It is only a calculation of number of days passed divided by 365 days, the 'normal' processing time of one year. So as long as the computers are still working the progress bar will increment, but it doesn't have anything to do with whether actual people are working (which I do not have information on).
Got your point. I was in a different impression. Thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Why is the government keeping quiet about processing? We need to find out if they are planning contingency action for processing apps.( Work remotely, etc)
They are not returning new applications nor have they shut down their application websites, so pretty soon they will have a huge backlog when/if they resume processing. This is so irresponsible of them.
You heard there's a pandemic, right? There are other priorities right now, and 'work from home' is not so easy to organise for hundreds of thousands of government employees - let alone security and confidentiality issues and some things that must be done on paper.

Expect delays. I'm not happy about it either, but be realistic.

Caly

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
Put on hazmat suits and go to work. Trump cancelling quarantine by Easter, suck it up.
Wait, USA, right? Then there are no hazmat suits, try garbage bags....

Seriously though you have to laugh or you'll cry, the world has gone truly mad.

Reactions: Danik

TROD94

Sep 29, 2019
Wonder what that really means as my husband has his medical appointment scheduled for Thursday - in Jamaica. As far as I know, the doctor there has not told him that it is cancelled.
I have an appointment scheduled for next week as well in Montego bay, they didn't tell me its cancelled as well.

manuchackofrancis1990

May 21, 2018
Hey guys,
I know these times are really bad. But as I know we are all sailing in the same boat, may be your responses will ease my tension. Application was sent to Nova Scotia and primary applicant is in India. My file was received on 21st of Feb'20 and AOR1 on March 6th. But after that no movement. My friend who had just submitted a week before got the SA,Bio and medicals just a week after the AOR. Since our files were moving with a week gap I was expecting the same progress in a week later too. But the file is still since my AOR1. Sincerely I want to believe that the delay is due to the scenario happening and hopefully not due to any screw up in my file.
Just to know, am I among the majority and would raising a web form be of any help? I really hope & pray a speedy process for all.
Thank you in advance and stay safe :)

chirag.dhirawani0803

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Hey guys,
I know these times are really bad. But as I know we are all sailing in the same boat, may be your responses will ease my tension. Application was sent to Nova Scotia and primary applicant is in India. My file was received on 21st of Feb'20 and AOR1 on March 6th. But after that no movement. My friend who had just submitted a week before got the SA,Bio and medicals just a week after the AOR. Since our files were moving with a week gap I was expecting the same progress in a week later too. But the file is still since my AOR1. Sincerely I want to believe that the delay is due to the scenario happening and hopefully not due to any screw up in my file.
Just to know, am I among the majority and would raising a web form be of any help? I really hope & pray a speedy process for all.
Hey, we have almost the same timelines...app received- 24th Feb, AOR1- 7th March and have not heard anything from them. They have not processed anything after 13th March so don’t worry.. check the tracker too.

NaumanK

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Dubai
Hey guys,
No news is the good news.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Upside to Coronavirus-unemployed people on welfare cannot sponsor...less applications!
There is no upside to the virus as people who've lost there jobs due to the Virus will not go on welfare they can get the New CERB benefit, therefore can still qualify to participate in the sponsorship process. The fact that you could even make such a statement whether being funny or not is another story. No one gets anywhere wishing bad on others. Yes there will be a backlog, and that back log will affect everyone's file in some way or the other. So there is Not One Upside to this thing at all.

Last edited:

Stargaze

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
There is going to be a serious backlog in a few months since applications keep pouring in...I wonder if they will be able to clear it fast so that our spouses can join us before the second wave Covid hits next fall.
Seriously we need to make a petition to fast track all applications during Covid and drop all criteria (except security clearance).
We should not be made to wait 2 years to reunite with our spouses.
You/we cannot do anything dear, covid is all over the country. Canada will never prioritize spouses just to be with our love ones during this pandemic. Canada will understand our situation but they have other things to do, to fight this crisis where facing right now. There is an act of selfishness if they will fast track all applications just for our own sake.. and mostly airline had cancelled their flights. how about the people who work in ircc? They don’t want to be infected, and us either. All just we need to do is pray to stop this global pandemic. Don’t be too harsh about the application because they are the one who will decide if your spouse is approved, if they see that your just thinking about yourself maybe they might be upset and refuse your application. We all want to be with our love ones as soon as possible but we need to consider other people involve in this situation for their safety. Just saying.

Last edited: