February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

Caly

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
My Biometrics/Medicals were cancelled due to the pandemic and all US/Canada biometric collection places still seem to be closed. Most Medical places seem to be closed as well with some tentatively saying maybe mid-June. I'm about 2 days away from being over the automatic 90 day grace-period, sent in a webform and no word yet. Just feeling a bit stressed. ^^;

chirag.dhirawani0803

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Just got off the phone with IRCC, standard reply again “theyre processing applications with critical staff so it will be very slow. No timeline can be given when the office will work to full capacity again”. It’s a waiting game till end of June I would say..

Elaha

Feb 21, 2020
Inland people say IRCC-M has started to process their applications full steam ahead! They are getting SA's and mass updates!
Why is Sydney still in hibernation and no hint of any activity???????
What is this bullshit? Inland people are not apart from their spouses- they can wait, we can't!
This isnt fair.
End Rant.
That's insane and unfair.
They take too long ti process spousal sponsorship applications and now they are making it more longer and stressful to us all.
It's been more than 100 days but no AOR. I dont know what will happen next how and when

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Inland people say IRCC-M has started to process their applications full steam ahead! They are getting SA's and mass updates!
Why is Sydney still in hibernation and no hint of any activity???????
What is this bullshit? Inland people are not apart from their spouses- they can wait, we can't!
This isnt fair.
End Rant.
As an ''inland person'', I'd love to know your source, because the only people I've seen getting updates/COPR were those that were already scheduled for landing before this clusterf*ck of a pandemic.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Public sectors federal employees are so well protected by the PSAC (Public Service Alliance of Canada). It’s impossible to get them to do anything they don’t want to. I’m not saying all, but I guarantee there are a lot of Sydney employees throwing the PSAC at the government/management and staying home and collecting a pay cheque. I have first hand experience managing civilian federal employees...Not fun.

Last edited:

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
The guy you just replied with 2 hearts emoticon to congradulate on his DM in his email today (inland app)
So there's that....
I did congratulate that person, because they got an official SA. I'm happy for them. But their post about IRCC starting the 'huge processes' (below) gives zero verified information from a reliable source, it's just an assumption. No need to get all pissed off. Everyone is waiting, has no idea what's going on, and wants to be done with this process.

and today i saw many ppl in many group (all family class inland) cases update.
inland IRCC starting the huge processes.
wish everybody luck. <3
Let's support each other instead of spitting at other sponsorship categories.

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
So he did get SA...Inland are done waiting, so that is good news.
It is a good sign, yes. But I wouldn't interpret it as the fact that Inland will get processed before you guys. They're so disorganized, it's almost like they just pick at random in every category once in a while. Let's just hope we get put the pandemic delays behind us soon, and all get those PR cards so we can stop living on hold.

Reactions: Danik and Eveslm

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Inland April 2019
Well they are past the 12 months processing time. I see outland Nov 2019 applicants (I think 2) with the decision made in May 2020, and outland December 2019 applicants with the decision made in April and May 2020. It is frustrating that our files are not moving but complaining over others 'luck' does not help anyone. We are all waiting, hoping for the best.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
It is a good sign, yes. But I wouldn't interpret it as the fact that Inland will get processed before you guys. They're so disorganized, it's almost like they just pick at random in every category once in a while. Let's just hope we get put the pandemic delays behind us soon, and all get those PR cards so we can stop living on hold.
A march outland applicant called cic, and they gave her a temp file number for her application. If they had not even opened these applications, they would not have a temporary file number for her. it is my hope that while Sydney has been silent, they are still working, and they will one day surprise us with AORs, medicals and bio requests (fingers crossed). :)

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
A march outland applicant called cic, and they gave her a temp file number for her application. If they had not even opened these applications, they would not have a temporary file number for her. it is my hope that while Sydney has been silent, they are still working, and they will one day surprise us with AORs, medicals and bio requests (fingers crossed). :)
We have AOR since March 5th, nothing after that so far.