31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Step said:
Yes I agree. Another factor that came into play in late 2012 was VISA Office consolidation ( Tokyo and Seoul closed) all those apps. now go through Manila. Also the posted processing times are a scapegoat for CIC, I believe they inflate the numbers to give themselves some room to make it look good. I never go by posted processing times anyway, it will take as long as it takes. I've seen a few through Manila take an unreal length of time to complete.
Good points, STEP. Hey, you should be nearing your PPR now too eh? I've noticed that a lot of July 2013 applicants were getting their PPR's in April, so you must be on pins & needles now! Good luck, hope you're in the 'early birds' of AUG 2013!

Romance-in-Paris

Apr 15, 2014
Today eCAS was updated to: In Processing (We started processing Mr. Romance in Paris's application on 5th May 2014.)

So here we go for the next step! If Steler's application also at the Paris VO is an example to go by, we have a good long wait ahead of us. Finger's crossed.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
Gumper said:
Good points, STEP. Hey, you should be nearing your PPR now too eh? I've noticed that a lot of July 2013 applicants were getting their PPR's in April, so you must be on pins & needles now! Good luck, hope you're in the 'early birds' of AUG 2013!
Yes anxiously checking e-mail twice a day for PPR. I think there has been about 5 applicants in August that have received PPR already( many are not included on spreadsheets) from CEM.
Hoping to receive this month.
Good Luck

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
inexplored said:
Please help with your kind inputs. Below is my timeline:
SPOUSAL file submitted at mississuaga office on : Feb 24th, 2014
Acknowledgement Email: March 20,2014 (That they have received my application on feb 24 and they will let me know when decision has been made).

Called cic 3 times already: Different answers (1st person said that they are doing additional investigation if I took social assistance, 2nd said that they were doing background checks, third said that I had withdrawn my previous spousal application (Which is true), so they are further assessing your file " FOR WHAT, I HAVE NO IDEA?").

I am very confused about my application as almost all files are decided in the mark of 31 days, then they either get transfered to a a vo or being denied. In my case they are holding my file (Since feb 2014) and not telling me whats going on. As far as my previous withdrawal is concerened. It was done in March of 2012 and I am filling back now again in feb 2014. Since then we have 2 sons born (One has a Canadian Citizenship granted from overseas) and plenty of evidence on our relationship that was provided to cic. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ARE ON THIS?Huh

My 2nd son was born 2nd week of JAN 2014. When sent my application to cic (feb2014) we didnt have his birth certificate to present at the moment (However we did provide them with child birth details "name, place of birth, dob etc etc). Now I plan to send them the official birth certificate of the child and also inquire about the status of my application (Through email: CPCM-EXTCOM @ cic.gc.ca MISSISSAUGA OFFICE). IS IT ADVISE-ABLE AND IS IT THE RIGHT WAY TO GO ABOUT?

SECONDLY, I am also thinking about requesting for my file notes? is it advise-able at this stage, when the file number has been issued but it is still in processing centre in Canada??? IF ADVISE-ABLE THEN KINDLY LET ME KNOW WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT IT.

KINDLY, PROVIDE AS MANY POSSIBLE INPUTS AS POSSIBLE, SINCE I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO FIND OUT ABOUT MY FILE? Thanks
I am sorry to know your difficult situation, yes, sometimes things seem to be a little bit od, and in your case, it seems to me that the problem is that you withdrew your previous application, well, if you waited that long to re-apply again, then you are patient enough to wait for them to complete the investigation that they are performing. Unfortunately, sometimes we create problems without knowing., and in this case, It seems that you did just that. I don't thing that you can do anything to make your file move faster now, but I am confident that your file will move forward, just is matter of time. You will reunite with your family very soon, nothing that you can do now, just wait. Like the rest of us, the ball is in their side now....

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 7th (First); Mar 25th (Second) 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
Romance-in-Paris said:
Today eCAS was updated to: In Processing (We started processing Mr. Romance in Paris's application on 5th May 2014.)

So here we go for the next step! If Steler's application also at the Paris VO is an example to go by, we have a good long wait ahead of us. Finger's crossed.
Congrats!
In this step I don't think is taking the same time for all the applicants. I know a guy that sent the application on December that this step was resolved in 6 days.
Also, compared to other VOs, our cases are going SUPER fast!
Good luck for the next step, we are so close to get it 8)

Netkid

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014; 25-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-04-2014
Med's Request
27-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Arrived 22-05-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
gang,
we just got a passport request via email - will be confirming via email to Sydney and that's that!

steler - pls do the required in the xls file!

Seronic

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014. SA - 26-03-2014
File Transfer...
26-03-2014
Med's Done....
19-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
15-08-2014
Netkid said:
gang,
we just got a passport request via email - will be confirming via email to Sydney and that's that!

Already? holy crap

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Seronic said:
Already? holy crap
Yeah Sydney VO is very fast. Someone who applied in Dec got their COPR in 92 days.

Canadian_belle1

Nov 30, 2013
North Bay, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2014
Doc's Request.
March 4, 2014 - Rescinded on March 7, 2014
AOR Received.
March 10, 2014
File Transfer...
March 10, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 27, 2013
Interview........
Aug 11, 2014
Passport Req..
Aug 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 11, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug 18, 2014
Netkid said:
gang,

Wow! Congrats!

Seronic

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014. SA - 26-03-2014
File Transfer...
26-03-2014
Med's Done....
19-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
15-08-2014
Zarilenth said:
Yeah Sydney VO is very fast. Someone who applied in Dec got their COPR in 92 days.
Yea, I know some in moscow got passport request in 3-5 months pretty often, so I'm really hoping I get lucky. I've been browsing russian forums to see how they process, and that seems to be the average lately :eek:.

knowledge_eater

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014, Visa Office AOR: 09-05-2014
File Transfer...
28-04-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
VISA Issued: 28th Oct 2014, DM 13-10-2014, PPR 13-10-2014, Can't wait for the visa!
LANDED..........
December end is the target!
Hi,

Lovebirds!!

Good news. We have received AOR from New Dehli visa office, May 9th 2014.

Please update it kindly, Steler.

Thanks.

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 7th (First); Mar 25th (Second) 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
knowledge_eater said:
Hi,

Lovebirds!!

Good news. We have received AOR from New Dehli visa office, May 9th 2014.

Please update it kindly, Steler.

Thanks.
Congrats!
kindly updated it ;D

Netkid

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014; 25-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-04-2014
Med's Request
27-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Arrived 22-05-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
merci, gracias, thanks!

Just for info, the email from Sydney was as follows:

"Your application is in the final stage of processing. In order to issue Permanent Residence visas, you are asked to complete and return Appendix ‘B'(attached) and the following instructions as indicated for yourself and each family member included on your application:

Ø If you have changed your passport from #, then submit a photocopy or PDF Scan of ALL pages of your current, valid passport (these copies do not need to be notarized/certified). Each individual must hold their own passport (including children); Diplomatic/Official passports are not acceptable. Otherwise confirm in writing (email) this is still your current passport for travel"

They attached a single PDF file. Page 1 had appendix a on it and info about using a courier / picking up your papers, and page 2 had appendix B on it (a chart which needed filling in).

We used Acrobat to edit the 2nd page and saved it and replied to the email (even though the reply email address looked slightly different, I assumed it was an alias). The 2nd page did not require a signature and we don't have a printer at home.

The directions are a bit ambiguous - they said to confirm via email that the passport didn't change, but also wanted App B filled out, so we complied and did both and noted this explicitly in the body of the reply. We will have it returned by regular post, so I will update the thread once the post arrives. IMHO, it looks like Sydney will be sending the papers to Canada - wouldn't it make sense for them to tell an office in Ottawa the application was accepted and then for them to mail the papers - saves time and money!

Sorry to spell it out, but I think sharing our experiences is why we're all here - I know not everyone will be in a similar situation or have similar directions but it in our situation, it was very easy and not much required.

EDIT: Ecas still only shows medical results received...!
!

Romance-in-Paris

Apr 15, 2014
Netkid said:
merci, gracias, thanks!

Just for info, the email from Sydney was as follows:

"Your application is in the final stage of processing. In order to issue Permanent Residence visas, you are asked to complete and return Appendix ‘B'(attached) and the following instructions as indicated for yourself and each family member included on your application:

Ø If you have changed your passport from #, then submit a photocopy or PDF Scan of ALL pages of your current, valid passport (these copies do not need to be notarized/certified). Each individual must hold their own passport (including children); Diplomatic/Official passports are not acceptable. Otherwise confirm in writing (email) this is still your current passport for travel"

They attached a single PDF file. Page 1 had appendix a on it and info about using a courier / picking up your papers, and page 2 had appendix B on it (a chart which needed filling in).

We used Acrobat to edit the 2nd page and saved it and replied to the email (even though the reply email address looked slightly different, I assumed it was an alias). The 2nd page did not require a signature and we don't have a printer at home.

The directions are a bit ambiguous - they said to confirm via email that the passport didn't change, but also wanted App B filled out, so we complied and did both and noted this explicitly in the body of the reply. We will have it returned by regular post, so I will update the thread once the post arrives. IMHO, it looks like Sydney will be sending the papers to Canada - wouldn't it make sense for them to tell an office in Ottawa the application was accepted and then for them to mail the papers - saves time and money!

Sorry to spell it out, but I think sharing our experiences is why we're all here - I know not everyone will be in a similar situation or have similar directions but it in our situation, it was very easy and not much required.

EDIT: Ecas still only shows medical results received...!
!

Netkid, thanks for sharing your experience! This gives hope to all of us waiters. Would you mind sharing a bit of your relationship story? (Sorry if you've already done so without me seeing it.) For instance are you married or common-law, for how long, what proof you submitted?

Netkid

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014; 25-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-04-2014
Med's Request
27-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Arrived 22-05-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Romance-in-Paris said:
Netkid, thanks for sharing your experience! This gives hope to all of us waiters. Would you mind sharing a bit of your relationship story? (Sorry if you've already done so without me seeing it.) For instance are you married or common-law, for how long, what proof you submitted?
Not a problem. My wife and I met online and were married earlier this year. We started communicating in the summer of 2013. We met in person on 2 separate occasions before our wedding, although we talked/communicated all day every day since the summer. This fact was a concern for me, having read a lot of threads and posts about not meeting enough before asking for sponsorship, however, we made it very clear in our write-up how we progressed from an online connection to being married. We also were explicit in explaining our family life and cultural backgrounds, so that the officers didn't stereotype us (i.e. arranged marriage, didn't follow a 'traditional' path, etc).

We attached
- boarding passes
- hotel receipts/ receipts of events, purchases of gifts / credit card statements
- joint bank info
- emails between us, us and each other's families
- photos of us, us with each other's families, friends, wedding photos (40-50 and each one was dated to the exact date, who was in it, and where)
- communication logs: skype, google, etc.
- wedding information, wedding website link
- a writeup explaining our 'story' /timeline; integrated our various documentation into this document

I added some additional things, for example, I shared our wedding invitation / RSVP list, and then a corresponding wedding gift list, and our new joint bank information - and the monetary gifts and bank info matched up.

I hope this is of use to someone - even if one person can benefit, it's worth it. I certainly owe a LOT to these forums and the quality people who contribute to threads.