+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

S.J.K

Feb 19, 2013
skas13 said:
If it has passed the time you have submitted your application and oyu have not received your SA you can then call CIC to inquire about your application.
Thanks skas13 & inhinyeronina for the useful suggestion. My husband will call them first thing monday morning. I hope its not bad news.

messenger said:
Welcome back my dear S.J.K
Yeah it was a slow night when someone suggested that we exchanged stories of how we met our other half's. It was a splendid evening as we read some pretty nice and poetic stories. If you haven't read them all take the time and do.
The FB group was also another very good idea because it seems that most of us will be around for a while so that will keep us a little closer!

Regards

messenger
Thanks messenger! Hope your wife is well :) I will be catching up to the reading, I've missed lots!

Congratulations Roam & Dina87!

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Hi everyone... :)

1. As you know, as per:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp

to certify a document, an authorised person must print the following:

"“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document.............." etc etc.........

Did your notary print that sentence at the front of your documents, or at the back? It's just that, the front part of a document usually doesn't have that much white space left, so I thought it would be nice to do it at the back, where usually there's 100% white space...very convenient for the notary public to type.

When we did ours in January, our notary gave 2 versions.....front and back...the front version was difficult for her to do, for obvious reasons...

So, just curious how yours are :)

2. Also, I need your second opinions....if you read our regional guide:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3906e.pdf

Point 7 says "Provide birth certificates, baptismal certificates or other official document confirming relationship (including all pages of Household Registries, if applicable) for you and each of your family members. If you are married, you must include a marriage certificate"

Since we are doing a spousal sponsorship, I don't see how my wife's birth certificate and baptismal certificates are relevant? They only confirm her relationship to her PARENTS, not to ME :D

So, from the sound of it, it looks like our marriage certificate alone should suffice...?!

Note: I am sponsoring only my wife, and we have no children.

(arghh it's crazy! even though we already did all these, I seem to second guess everything, after suffering from my lost-documents ordeal! :p)

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
roam said:
Guys,
I received AOR for stage 2 from NDVO and also passport request today.
Best of luck every one else !!! :)
Glad your file got there quickly. Good to know our might be there in the next week or 2. How did you get your PPR? Mail, phone or email? Want to inform my husband to keep a heads up in the next few weeks.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
S.J.K said:
Hey all!
Its been a while since I came in here and its been raining AOR's and SA's! Congratulations you all!
Mine still says, Application received and medical recd.
I have been on the edge waiting for my husband's SA. I have an extremely long wait-it says 23 months from Abu Dhabi VO- so that sucks! I know thats worst case scenarios, but it still scares me!
Also, it says on the website that they are now working on applications submitted on 18th Feb 2013. Since ours was submitted earlier, I am starting to really worry about the SA! Can't wait to be in blue on the spreadsheet as well...
On a side note, I love the initiative with the FB group, I have just joined that as well :)
Its so nice to see everyone sharing their stories in here! My husband and I have been dating for almost 5 years & we got married little over a year ago. The whole waiting away from my husband is so frustrating :(
Hey would you please share the FB page details here for the group you mentioned?
It will be helpful for some who would like to join there

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
Congrats Tom!!

I think your AOR made everyone on this forum ecstatic!

And I am also happy to hear that you will be having a boy!!!! Amazing news!

But I hope that Aspa feels better soon. Wish you all the luck!!

S.J.K

Feb 19, 2013
mickeyindia said:
Hey would you please share the FB page details here for the group you mentioned?
It will be helpful for some who would like to join there
Hey mickeyindia,
Search for CIC family class sponsorship on FB. Strangely, I can't post links :S

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
Hey guys,

I wanted to mention a couple of things I have found out about these past few days...

I have spoken to my husband and a few other people about this last minute change of VOs.

Apparently many people who have been in the same situation as us have been eligible to sponsor their spouse from Egypt so now I am wondering if ours might have been a mistake... And the fact that they were all Somali holding the Somali passport didn't affect where their VO was.

I have called CIC on Friday morning to inquire about this, and they told me that it could have been a mistake because It clearly states that he is living in Egypt and has been for at least the past decade. They told me to write to the CIC-Mississauga and clarify with them about this change in VO.

I haven't really thought much about it until it was brought to my attention from my husband that he has seen cases like this where they have been living in the country for a lot less than he has, but they still used Cairo as a VO.

I know that It'll take a while for this issue to be resolved ............this will take a whole lot longer than expected. Anyone have any other suggestions??

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
S.J.K said:
Hey mickeyindia,
Search for CIC family class sponsorship on FB. Strangely, I can't post links :S
that's normal - as soon as you reach 10 posts you'll be able to post links, add information under your profile etc. A few more to go, and you're good!

Kazuma

Mar 12, 2013
messenger said:
Ok...here it goes.......YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY i got my AOR just about 36 minutes ago!

I was writing an email to a customer on outlook and suddenly it appeared as a forwarded message from my Gmail..What do you know! :) :)

Mr. Gary please do your magic. I can do it too but i want you to have the honor! And color me well please!

Thank you all for the encouragement

Tom
Congrats messenger! Happy to read a happy post from you sir!.. Wishing you all the best! and for the wife too!! Congrats again! Man, this thread is soooo alive!! Im happy i am a part of this!...

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Kuudir2 said:
Congrats Tom!!

I think your AOR made everyone on this forum ecstatic!

And I am also happy to hear that you will be having a boy!!!! Amazing news!

But I hope that Aspa feels better soon. Wish you all the luck!!
Dear Kuudir2 thank you so much! Yes I got it on Friday and that took a load of stress of my mind.
A boy yes but I will still wait another couple of weeks until we have another U/S. A healthy baby is the biggest subject here. We are just ecstatic for that and we thank God for this!
We are in Greece since Friday and this afternoon we went to a Hospital ER and the female doctor there prescribed some suppositories to cut down the vomiting and she encouraged us by saying she too had suffered from multiple vomits daily.

Thank you and God bless

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Kazuma said:
Congrats messenger! Happy to read a happy post from you sir!.. Wishing you all the best! and for the wife too!! Congrats again! Man, this thread is soooo alive!! Im happy i am a part of this!...
Thank you Kazuma. Yes you are right this thread is lively and full of nice people!
BTW have you already sent me your time line so we can add you to the spreadsheet?

messenger

Kazuma

Mar 12, 2013
messenger said:
Thank you Kazuma. Yes you are right this thread is lively and full of nice people!
BTW have you already sent me your time line so we can add you to the spreadsheet?

messenger

uhhm, yes i did? If i remembered correctly i replied to your message from Yahoo mail. If i am right. I am having brain farts every now and then so my memory is not that great. :( See messenger? i told you, now you have what you've been waiting for PLUS! your baby is coming out soon! 2 birds in one stone buddeeeh!!!!!!!

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
fandv said:
Hi everyone... :)

1. As you know, as per:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp

to certify a document, an authorised person must print the following:

"“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document.............." etc etc.........

Did your notary print that sentence at the front of your documents, or at the back? It's just that, the front part of a document usually doesn't have that much white space left, so I thought it would be nice to do it at the back, where usually there's 100% white space...very convenient for the notary public to type.

When we did ours in January, our notary gave 2 versions.....front and back...the front version was difficult for her to do, for obvious reasons...

So, just curious how yours are :)

2. Also, I need your second opinions....if you read our regional guide:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3906e.pdf

Point 7 says "Provide birth certificates, baptismal certificates or other official document confirming relationship (including all pages of Household Registries, if applicable) for you and each of your family members. If you are married, you must include a marriage certificate"

Since we are doing a spousal sponsorship, I don't see how my wife's birth certificate and baptismal certificates are relevant? They only confirm her relationship to her PARENTS, not to ME :D

So, from the sound of it, it looks like our marriage certificate alone should suffice...?!

Note: I am sponsoring only my wife, and we have no children.

(arghh it's crazy! even though we already did all these, I seem to second guess everything, after suffering from my lost-documents ordeal! :p)
My dear fandv sorry but i cannot help you as the country specs for my area are radically different from yours. Hope someone else gives you some hints

messenger

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
hey all.just wondering if anyone can clarify, what " medical results recieved" means?

I recieved sponsorship approval march 7th, via an email pdf file, but doesnt state when it will or if it has been fwd'ed to the visa office..
and when i check online it says "decision made" and under the applicant it says " medical results recieved" wondering if anyone can elaborate or had same scenario?

thanks all :)