torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ideal-citzn said:
Thank you Bogazici10 and Kaylink, the mail was dated on the 26th
I suppose your eCAS doesn't show the oath ceremony date yet.
Just trying to confirm a pattern that eCAS tends to be updated later than the posting of the relevant letters.

Congratulations again.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontonian2003 said:
I suppose your eCAS doesn't show the oath ceremony date yet.
Just trying to confirm a pattern that eCAS tends to be updated later than the posting of the relevant letters.

Congratulations again.
for me and my wife...we received letters before ecas was updated

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ideal-citzn

did they send you oath letter from St Clair or Scarborough office?

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Member Test/interview Oath Location
(2014)
IcogitoErgoSum Jan 2014 - Montreal, QC
Babygirl1310 Jan 15 ........... March 25 Hamilton, ON
Nguyentu2001 Jan 21............ March 24 Vancouver, ON
Vinaypuri Jan 22 - Scarborough, ON
Bangloboy Jan 30 ............. March 19 Scarborough, ON
Ideal-citzn Feb 3------------- April 8 Scarborough,ON
Amry83 Feb 3 ............. March 24 Windsor, ON
Krish ram Feb 3 ............. March 21 Halifax, NS
Cherrycanada Feb 3 - Saskatoon, SK
expatboarder's wife Feb 4 - Saskatoon, SK
Jabuela Feb 5 - Scarborough, ON
Amy.rahman.123 Feb 5 - Montreal, QC
deepti Feb 6 .............. March 22 Mississauga, ON
ikea17 Feb 6............... March 12 Windsor, ON
Wayne_vega Feb 6 - Mississauga, ON
Citzcan Feb 7 - Winnipeg, MB
Bdutta Feb 10 - St Clair
Nara Feb 10 ........... March 27 Scarborough, ON
raids865 Feb 11 ............ March 10 Surrey, BC
Chrysss's friend! Feb 11 ............ March 7 Scarborough, ON
Radnypandy Feb 11 ............ March 11 Scarborough, ON
Canacit Feb 11 ........... April 7 Ottawa, ON
VanGirl Feb 13 ........... March 28 Vancouver, BC
Toronto60 Feb 13 - St Clair
Cadbury74 Feb 13 ............ April 1 Ottawa, ON
anish_s Feb 13 - Montreal, QC
Balajir's wife Feb 18 ........... March 22 Scarborough, ON
MecMec Feb 18 - Ottawa, ON
Nguyentu's wife Feb 19 ........... March 24 Vancouver
Chakrab Feb 20 .......... March 24 Windsor, ON
Canadiancoops Feb 21 ........... March 26 Calgary
Chrysss Feb 21 -
QAI Feb 21 -
nnlhb Feb 21..............March 25 Kitchener, ON
Yafayu Feb 21............ March 15 Scarborough, ON
Muti Feb 24 ............. Feb 28 Mississauga, ON
Purrple Feb 24 - Windsor, ON
Bravepeople Feb 24 - St Clair
Balajir Feb 24 - St Clair
Donizinho Feb 28 - Montreal, QC

chillsummer

Jan 17, 2014
Hi all,

I though I'd share my time line.

Original country: SE Asia

Duration in Canada: almost 8 years

Total no of travel: twice : 2nd travel after Citizenship application was sent and in process, each visit was 45 days long.

Note: my application was returned twice, first time - missing document on language proof, second time - missing some pages on my passport ( they requested all the pages in my passport and travel document)

Local Office: Kitchener

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 29, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 29, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July 12, 2013.

We sent you a notice on February 7, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 24, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on March 10, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on March 25, 2014.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomorrow its going to be my second month waiting for the invitation to take oath, I am still keeping my hopes up but not so high I will give it few more weeks before I write a letter to question.. on why, what, or go to the MP. seeing that many got oath letter who applied after me and took test after me is jut making me wander what went wrong in a straight forward application with no exit or entry. even the immigration officer didn't have anything to ask but he wanted me to tell him about myself and that's it. this makes my head go round and round why and why. anyways I guess like many others I need to start prepping for an RQ.

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called CIC to check status for both myself and my wife - no updates for either of us.

Jabuela said:
tomorrow its going to be my second month waiting for the invitation to take oath, I am still keeping my hopes up but not so high I will give it few more weeks before I write a letter to question.. on why, what, or go to the MP. seeing that many got oath letter who applied after me and took test after me is jut making me wander what went wrong in a straight forward application with no exit or entry. even the immigration officer didn't have anything to ask but he wanted me to tell him about myself and that's it. this makes my head go round and round why and why. anyways I guess like many others I need to start prepping for an RQ.
Jabuela - I think maybe we just got a lazy officer. I am preparing for RQ but at the same time, it's possible that officer has no concerns and has just been lazy or on vacation or something like that!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chrysss said:
I just called CIC to check status for both myself and my wife - no updates for either of us.

Jabuela - I think maybe we just got a lazy officer. I am preparing for RQ but at the same time, it's possible that officer has no concerns and has just been lazy or on vacation or something like that!
at this point it is the work of the citizenship judge. most of these judges aren't full-time.

Purrple

Nov 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure how relevant but the cic website has the list of judges for each region. Larger cities of course have more than one but then there are more applicants too. Smaller cities have just one or two.

If only they'd set oath dates for us - we coudl've gone for vacation with them too - Just kidding :)