+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI clearance | Spouse pending Crime records | final stage | Delhi VO

talk2host2005

Apr 19, 2010
Hello gurus,

I am around final stage of Canada PR and some very bad thing happen, it appears, no hope.

I have been asked to provide FBI clearance record, passport, RPRF, medicals. I applied for "FBI clearance" last week of May, 2011. And send rest of the documents(passport, RPRF, medicals) to Delhi VO.

Two weeks ago my spouse committed "assault & battery" crime, arrested and fingerprinted. We specify clean crime records at the time of filing Canada PR.

My rprf fee en-cashed by Delhi vo. I have to submit FBI clearance by this month end. I am hopping to get FBI certificate by next week or two. But it will surely reflect his(spouse) crime and it is pending with court, something like that.

His case is not yet dismissed and will take another 1 or 2 months.

I will need your opinion/advice. so my question is that will my case(Primary applicant) reject due to spouse(secondary applicant) crime records.

If not, my spouse will get rejected due to his crime records?

Please advice what should I do.

I am post june applicant.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

talk2host2005 said:
Hello gurus,

I am around final stage of Canada PR and some very bad thing happen, it appears, no hope.

I have been asked to provide FBI clearance record, passport, RPRF, medicals. I applied for "FBI clearance" last week of May, 2011. And send rest of the documents(passport, RPRF, medicals) to Delhi VO.

Two weeks ago my spouse committed "assault & battery" crime, arrested and fingerprinted. We specify clean crime records at the time of filing Canada PR.

My rprf fee en-cashed by Delhi vo. I have to submit FBI clearance by this month end. I am hopping to get FBI certificate by next week or two. But it will surely reflect his(spouse) crime and it is pending with court, something like that.

His case is not yet dismissed and will take another 1 or 2 months.

I will need your opinion/advice. so my question is that will my case(Primary applicant) reject due to spouse(secondary applicant) crime records.

If not, my spouse will get rejected due to his crime records?

Please advice what should I do.

I am post june applicant.
1. If your spouse is convicted if assault and battery, the application will most likely be refused
2. The application will probably be held in abeyance until the results of the court case are known.

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
PMM said:
Hi

1. If your spouse is convicted if assault and battery, the application will most likely be refused
2. The application will probably be held in abeyance until the results of the court case are known.

What kind of crime is this assault and bettery???????????

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here is the answer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_(crime)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault

OMM

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
omm said:
here is the answer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_(crime)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault

OMM
Thank Omm,,,,,i got it

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
And I think it will just not be Husband who will be red flagged. But as a whole the entire PR process/Application (for Principal Applicant) will be canned....Am I right ?

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
devilhimselff said:
And I think it will just not be Husband who will be red flagged. But as a whole the entire PR process/Application (for Principal Applicant) will be canned....Am I right ?

Yup Dear Devil,

It is just like medical situation if one of the family member have issue it effect all including Principal Applicant..........

talk2host2005

Apr 19, 2010
Hi PMM,

Is it like whole application reject or just spouse get rejected ?

Or

We haven't receive FBI clearance and so haven't updated VO. Is it possible if I ask VO to withdraw spouse (secondary applicant) for now for some reason and don't send spouse FBI clearance (secondary applicant)

May be this will be more +ive for my case for now and later I will file PR for spouse from Canada once case dismissed ?

Thanks

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Complete application rejected. No option that only spouse rejected. you applied for FBI clearance for your spouse? if yes than wait for it.

OMM

talk2host2005 said:
Hi PMM,

Is it like whole application reject or just spouse get rejected ?

Or

We haven't receive FBI clearance and so haven't updated VO. Is it possible if I ask VO to withdraw spouse (secondary applicant) for now for some reason and don't send spouse FBI clearance (secondary applicant)

May be this will be more +ive for my case for now and later I will file PR for spouse from Canada once case dismissed ?

Thanks

talk2host2005

Apr 19, 2010
I just talk to my lawyer, he said, only conviction showed up in FBI clearance records not the arrests.

Not sure, waiting for FBI clearance.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
talk2host2005 said:
I just talk to my lawyer, he said, only conviction showed up in FBI clearance records not the arrests.

Not sure, waiting for FBI clearance.
I think that should be, As LAW always implies, Innocent until proven Guilty.

Reactions: Virgo29

talk2host2005

Apr 19, 2010
I found following link with attorney's response:

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/do-pending-court-charges-show-up-on-criminal-backg-394018.html?ref=result__title

talk2host2005

Apr 19, 2010
We got FBI clearance today, It has clean record for both of us.

Actually it was issued 1 week prior of my spouse crime(secondary applicant).

If they verify with FBI, they may said, it is true copy of FBI police records, however this guy has criminal history after that day ?

but will they also check crime history up to the date ?

Can any one please respond ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

talk2host2005 said:
We got FBI clearance today, It has clean record for both of us.

Actually it was issued 1 week prior of my spouse crime(secondary applicant).

If they verify with FBI, they may said, it is true copy of FBI police records, however this guy has criminal history after that day ?

but will they also check crime history up to the date ?

Can any one please respond ?
And how did your spouse answer question #9 on the Schedule 1 of the application? You know that you have to report changes and if you lie, it is misrepresentation.