+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Father is being detained and we're being deported!

ellegirl

Jan 13, 2008
Hey.

We had almost the same situation. We have sought asylum in the UK and got refused permanent status, and one morning the immigration came for us and they moved us to London and detained us for 1 week. They have got us tickets for next Monday but before that my Dad got acquianted with a guy from Ukraine (met him in the detention centre too) and he told us that if my Mother was the main applicant of the case, my Father could apply for asylum straight in the detention centre. My Dad did that and they released us all, he went forward with a new case. (tell your Dad to fax his claim to the Home Office/CIC? in your city) It took them a couple of months to refuse him too but we weren't so naive this time so we have moved to another house and started living and working illegally. We have evaded the immigration authorities for some time but then life became more and more difficult (they kept looking for us, like coming into college after me and my sister). Somehow my parents found out about an agency called the IOM (International Organisation for Migration) and went there. You can find this agency all over the world (go to their website and find their office in Canada). This agency sorted out our documents and payed for our tickets to go back to our country. It was much better this way because at least we got to leave like normal human beings and not like prisoners in handcuffs. There might also be a small reward if Canada is offering it, they payed us a nice sum of money because we voluntarily left. We haven't trusted them until the last moment but they didn't sell us out to the Home Office, they kept their word.

I hope I'm not too late with my answer and that I helped.

Best wishes to you and your family

mikelingen

Star Member
Aug 3, 2007
From what I have been reading in this thread - sorry to say most of it is negative. I personally feel that since this topic was put up and a thread exists, Unstopabl3 should receive positive input.
I am sure he knows, the decisions taken by his parents were incorrect for which he and the family are paying.
Sorry I don't have any positive inputs to your post. However, I wish for you the Very Best and a life fully of happiness with you and your family wherever you may eventually live.

Ps. the post from ellegirl is very constructive, hope it helps....

Hey.

We had almost the same situation. We have sought asylum in the UK and got refused permanent status, and one morning the immigration came for us and they moved us to London and detained us for 1 week. They have got us tickets for next Monday but before that my Dad got acquianted with a guy from Ukraine (met him in the detention centre too) and he told us that if my Mother was the main applicant of the case, my Father could apply for asylum straight in the detention centre. My Dad did that and they released us all, he went forward with a new case. (tell your Dad to fax his claim to the Home Office/CIC? in your city) It took them a couple of months to refuse him too but we weren't so naive this time so we have moved to another house and started living and working illegally. We have evaded the immigration authorities for some time but then life became more and more difficult (they kept looking for us, like coming into college after me and my sister). Somehow my parents found out about an agency called the IOM (International Organisation for Migration) and went there. You can find this agency all over the world (go to their website and find their office in Canada). This agency sorted out our documents and payed for our tickets to go back to our country. It was much better this way because at least we got to leave like normal human beings and not like prisoners in handcuffs. There might also be a small reward if Canada is offering it, they payed us a nice sum of money because we voluntarily left. We haven't trusted them until the last moment but they didn't sell us out to the Home Office, they kept their word.

I hope I'm not too late with my answer and that I helped.

Best wishes to you and your family

Posted by: ellegirl

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007
Greetings TaaDow.
I happened to come across your remarks to "unstoppable3" as I was browsing the posts this morning. I understand how you feel about her situation. I am from the USA where we have 12 to 20 million "illegal immigrants" living underground and costing American taxpayers billions of dollars every year. A lot of criminal behaviour as well. There is a lot of resentment here over our situation. As well as hate. However, most Americans understand why people want to live here. On the most part, these illegals "mostly Mexicans" just want to live in safety and peace and take care of their families. No one can blame them for that. Yes, they should have come through the proper channels but it is what it is.
I appreciate people like you who are willing to take time to answer questions for people like me who are new to all of this and need answers to our immigration questions. But I was dissappointed upon reading your remarks to "unstoppable3." Her family obviously took a wrong turn and the law has caught up with them. I suspect that unstoppable3 had no voice in the decision that the parents made. Obviously however, he or she is certainly sharing in the suffering and she came to this blog for help. Because you are one of the senior members, she came to you.
All of this is really none of my business. I don't know you and you don't know me. I'm just suggesting that you being a leader in this particular arena (which by nature makes all of us feel helpless at times and certainly vulnerable in some respects), must carry some sense of responsibility and heart in how you approach those who come to this blog for help and advice.
It is a mistake for us to judge others simply by the law. Someday the law may come to judge the judge. Just my opinion but I think an apology is in order.

Sincerly,
rgvinson777

Gordy

Feb 25, 2008
Good Morning: rgvinson777
Im new here , Im a retiree from General Motors and i was thinking about retiring in Canada and I came across this post .
Well said "rgvinson777" , I just wonder why people are so mean and cruel now days . Again thanks for a great post "rgvinson777"

gaby

Sep 16, 2007
It s hard to do anything once you got deportation order,im suprised that you didnt try to get consulat or lawyer even thou it can cost money.
Anyways i wish you luck .

Mar 15, 2008
I pity for this family. Whatever the history, at this moment, right here right now my humanity comes forward not some abstract
concept of citizenship (which will be real when all mouths have been fed and rested, which is not the case here).

Anywhoo I have a question for unstopabl: If you are USA residents/citizens, did you commit any economic offense
that you fled the US? Just curious

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
One of the reasons that Canada is a great place to live and people want to live here is because of the law and order and safety our society has. Breaking the rules to get into or stay in the country shouldn't be tolerated ever. It is as bad as breaking any other laws and is just one way that our society can be diminished. If you do, and you are caught, you should accept the responsibility of your actions and leave. Staying illegally will just make it worse, as the original story shows.

And please...paying taxes does not give you the right to stay...it is just taxes and the cost of immigration hearings related to their case is probably not even being covered. IF that was the case anyone with money could just BUY their way into Canada. And I don't think anyone wants an immigration system like that.

Mel2904

Mar 3, 2009
I never said that paying taxes justify overstaying your visa. All i'm saying, is that there is a HUGE difference between people trying to abuse the system to the worst possible extent (like criminals who come here to steal) and those who are trying to better their future for themselves and their family, be it legally or ilegally. Sometimes life kicks you in the ass and you have to get up, dust off and move on. We shouldn't be too judgemental to those people cause sooner or later we might find ourselves in those situations. And we're not gonna be comfortable with somebody judging us. People are migrating all the time since the beginning of this planet. There has always been and will always be illegal immigration. You cannot stop this. What we can/should do is focus on deporting illegals who are trying to stir shit in the country.

And FYI, yes, people with money can just BUY their way to Canada. All you need is invest $200,000 and to employ a Canadian in your firm. It's called businness immigration. So there you go - you have a system "that no country would want" in your own country without even knowing it.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Just out of curiosity, what happens if Canada tries to remove someone to the US, but the US refuses to take them?

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
All i'm saying, is that there is a HUGE difference between people trying to abuse the system to the worst possible extent (like criminals who come here to steal) and those who are trying to better their future for themselves and their family, be it legally or ilegally.
Why would you connect someone who comes here legally with someone who comes here illegally ever? Most of us are here following the proper paperwork, suffering the waiting, collecting the proper proof that we are law abiding, good prospective immigrants. To connect us with someone who jumps the line, cheats the system (Criminal or Not) is just an insult to our good intentions and good behaviour.

And really...how do you know...or how does Canada know...if these so called "people trying to better their future" aren't criminals anyway? They didn't provide any police checks since they bypassed the system. And really...they have already broken some immigration laws, whats to say that is the least they might do?

And no...those people don't just buy their way...they have their own paperwork and proof to send in to prove they are good for Canada. Including medical and security requirements. Do some reading and maybe learn about your own country's rules yourself.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
The Canadian immigration system is going to take some hits over the recent court decision that declared the guy (an immigrant) who beheaded someone on the Greyhound bus in Manitoba last summer not criminally responsible. The family of the victim is raising questions about the immigration system in the media. Just be glad you are not in the US, where an openly anti-immigrant demagogue hosts a nightly television "news" show and spares no opportunity to insinuate the country is being invaded. Of course, that show is also available in Canada on most major cable and satellite providers.

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
FIRST OF ALL, I'M TALKING ABOUT THE GOOD PEOPLE ONLY, THOSE WHO DOESN'T COME TO HURT NOBODY ELSE, BUT TO MAKE THEIR OWN LIVING.
Lets make something clear for the ignorants in this forum.

A).- Most of Illegal immigrants go to a country to work (and they do).

B).-They pay taxes as any other legal residen (or some times even more).

C).-They don't cost the Goverment or tax payer any more money (in fact they cost a lot less) than most of the legal residents with all their unemployment checks, health coverage, economyc help, and somebody mention about cost of immigrations hearings, what about all the cost of legal resident who doesn't pay the taxes they should?, do you pay all the taxes as you should be paying? if not who's paying the taxes then, maybe illegal immigrants?. And the trials of the thieves, murderers, se x offenders, drug dealers, DWI, and all those criminals who are legally living on any country?? Does the taxes they pay (if they pay any) cover the cost they cause?. Nor to say the pain, panic, sorrow or sentimental damage they cause to other people?. Last time I checked nobody suffer because somebody enter the country illegally (not talking about criminal behaviour after that).

D).-Compare the statics on criminality of illegal aliens and those in legal residents and you tell me to whom could be given stereotype of "criminals". Who got the most high percentage of criminality????

F).-They say you can't buy your way into the country I think the bussiness category its pretty much what it is, legal or not, in escense you can't deny it. And what about buying your way out of jail? Should the Goverment not longer let people out of their crimes by paying a bail??? Since when extorsion, stealing, se xattackers, domestic violence, fraud, DUI (if you don't understand the severity of this crime, i feel sorry for you) and much other serious crimes are more accepted than whay illegal immigrants do? Why shouldn't they be given the opportunity of paying a bail for a crime way less offensive???

Frolic, your situation maybe different, but it does not make you any better. When you said you suffer the waiting, it makes me laugh if you only have a clue on what illegal immigrants have to go tru, sometimes facing death itself, and worst things, suffering the prosecution of the law and the persecution of close minded sometimes ignorant people. I bet you wouldn't have the BALLS to go tru what some of those people have to bear to give their family a better future. Not only I would give them a legal residency I WOULD GIVE THEM A MEDAL. And to you, you deserve your PR no doubt. Remember not all the people have the same opportunities you had, if they had you chances, THEY WOULDN'T BE THERE ILLEGALY, and maybe if you were in their situation, the illegal would be you.

Yes, going to a country illegaly is a crime, I don't deny that. I don't encourage it. It's wrong, and people shouldn't do it. They should be punished for that, they should be deported or whatever the law stipulates, they know they are doing wrong and they must face the consequences of their acts. But there are human rigts even for a child rapist, why would we treat hard working, law abiding (other than the first offense), tax paying, decent, good "citizen" individual as repulsive criminal?. Anyway, its not for us to judge ANY criminal, that's what the laws are for, so why are you making these comments to people who haven't do you any harm. Have you never committed any crime in your life???. I can see you are not very humanitarian, since you are judging people who you don't even know. And you don't fear God neither since you are judging other people like you were such a saint. I never heard of any religion punishing "illegal residents", I guess they'd need to add to the bible, or coran about people smuggling illegaly into heaven.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
The Canadian immigration system is going to take some hits over the recent court decision that declared the guy (an immigrant) who beheaded someone on the Greyhound bus in Manitoba last summer not criminally responsible. The family of the victim is raising questions about the immigration system in the media. Just be glad you are not in the US, where an openly anti-immigrant demagogue hosts a nightly television "news" show and spares no opportunity to insinuate the country is being invaded. Of course, that show is also available in Canada on most major cable and satellite providers.
Of course he's not criminally responsible. The guy was a normal average joe doing a normal average job and all of a sudden he flips and boards a bus and chops somebody's head off. Obviously he had some kind of psychotic break.

The immigration system has really nothing to do with it unless he was known in his homeland previously for hacking ppl's heads off and CIC missed it and let him immigrate. Nobody knows beforehand who will get a psychotic break and do something crazy. There might be some warning signs shortly before it happens but not years before. It's just as likely that it might happen to a Canadian as an immigrant.

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
FIRST OF ALL, I'M TALKING ABOUT THE GOOD PEOPLE ONLY
How do YOU know they are good? How does Canada know they are good? They DON'T! You can't deny that fact. They could have performed
extorsion, stealing, se xattackers, domestic violence, fraud, DUI (if you don't understand the severity of this crime, i feel sorry for you) and much other serious crimes

A) Most of the illegal immigrants go to a country illegally because otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to come or they are too impatient to do the work and waiting that everyone else does. Why should they be able to sneak in when law-abiding people have to do the paperwork and work and waiting to get in?

B) How are they paying taxes if they don't have a SIN number? Sure they might be paying GST and city taxes, but I suspect many are not paying much, or even ANY, income taxes. Which would be the MAJORITY of the taxes you pay.

C) They cost the government money just by being what they are. CIC and Border Services have to work to find and examine the ilegal aliens, costing us all. Investigations, lawyers, deportation hearings, all costing US money. Meanwhile they are still her taking advantage of things that our taxes already pay for, transit, roads, schools etc etc. And bringing up what I pay (Which is all I should) or what criminals cost is not what we are discussing here since this is an immigration forum. Well except for the fact that criminals who break laws cost the country money...you mention that...and since illegal immigrants (As in they broke an immigration law) are criminals we can say they cost us money too. Thanks for helping my point.

D) Where are these stats? Show me. You're just making things up now. Since illegal aliens would not be included in many stats because they are hiding how can we even get proper stats to compare that? Lets take a typical illegal...he sneaks in or stays when he shouldn't....1 law broken...he works without paying taxes OR he gets a SIN number fraudulently....2 laws broken...he gets sicks and uses a doctor and pays OR fraudulently gets a health number...we can call that 2 and a half laws broken. And that is only a typical working illegal going through some scenarios.

F) What does bail have to do with immigration again? You think the business category is buying your way in but you don't acknowledge that they would still have to be checked for security and medical issues...you don't acknowledge that they would have wait times of 29 to 63 months. Who would I rather have in my country? An illegal who sneaks in and who knows WHO we get...or an investor who follows the process and is checked out and good for Canada? You know how I will answer...if you answer the opposite you are just helping Canada become less than it is now.

I am not better than anyone...but I follow the laws and rules and I don't have to deal with the consequences of my actions because there are none to speak of. And when I screw up...I pay the price or deal with the results like a man. So when I see people "RATIONALIZING" illegal immigrants because to paraphrase your words..."they are not as bad as a real criminal because they work and pay taxes" makes me speak up.

Give them a medal for suffering the results of their OWN actions? Do you believe in "responsibility"? Do you know what it is?

I have traveled the world and helped people in far places and give a portion of my paycheck to charity every month and participate in fund raising events every year and have helped several people with immigrating legally so go ahead and judge me as "not very humanitarian" if you want. Seems you are just doing the same thing you accuse me of...judging me. I just don't believe the fairy tale that you think illegal immigrants are. You could live beside the nicest neighbor, who works, has a nice family, brings extra food to eat as a gift, pays taxes, and works for charity for nuns...but if in the past they were a criminal and shouldn't be here at all wouldn't you want to know? With illegals you don't know...at least with a proper immigrant we have a chance to know.

C

cchabert

...B) How are they paying taxes if they don't have a SIN number? Sure they might be paying GST and city taxes, but I suspect many are not paying much, or even ANY, income taxes. Which would be the MAJORITY of the taxes you pay. "

Because they have a fake SSN or stolen one and they work for a company A, and this company doesn't do or doesn't care about the background checking, Company A hold on their payroll all the according taxes, at the end this guys know they can't ask for a tax return so all that money goes to uncle Sam or the state.

Another ones got a Tax Id but again you can't ask for a tax return.