+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAQ

htoothantsin

Jun 23, 2011
Dear Seniors

I am planning to submit the applications on Monday. Please help to advise following questions.
(1) I have original transcripts of my Degree and Diploma which I received few years back during my graduation.
Do I need to request from the Uni to reprint another set of transcripts again? Or can i submit with Certified true copies from Uni? I understand from Uni that reprint of transcripts will take 7 working days. My NIC is reaching the cap soon.

(2) In the check list, I found that we must include that the total number years of education along with evidence that the programs were completed. In my certificates, it only states the year that I complete the study.
It does not state the duration of study.
How should I get it done?

Please advise me as soonest. Thanks a lot.

Regards
Htoo Htoo

Ahmed Kamran

Aug 12, 2011
Dear Senior,

I am a telecom consultant working in dubai, UAE.
I have applied for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) after getting sponsorship from a canadian recruiting company. M NOC is 9990.7.

i have submitted my complete package on 13th june along with Demand Draft of 450$, However i have not received any feedback even after 8 weeks (where as on wen they say a time frame of 7 weeks).

Now i urgently need my passport back (since i have sent my original PP along with other documents( as per instruction from my Representative). My representative is saying that only way to request the passport is by sending them an email.

I have requsted the canadian immigration in Abu Dhabi using email to send me back my passport since i have a business committment, however even after 10 days i have not received any feedback.

Can someone please help me as how to receive my passport urgently.

BR
kamran

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Questions lang about filling-up the new Form.

For IMM0008ENU_2D form (Generic Application Form)

1. When I click (put check) on boxes, proceeding blank spaces was grayed out and cannot input answers anymore. Do I need to put N/A (handwritten) after I printed it?
2. Do I need to put N/A on Question #3 under UCI after I printed the document or leave it blank? I’m a new applicant.
3. Do I need to put N/A on Question #9 under Citizenship(s) under item#2 after I printed the document or leave it blank?
4. Under Education/Occupation Details: What to put on item#4 "Intended Occupation"? Is it OK to enter “NOC 7216”? (that’s my applied NOC).

Others:
1. Do I need to fill-up the Additional Dependants / Declaration Form (IMM0008DEPENU)? I have only one child.
2. What is correct, NA or N/A for Not Applicable?

thanks!

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
i have face some problem during fill in the "Generic Application Form For Canada IMM0008ENU".

Question 1:

How to fill in National Identity Document in Page 2.

In the"National Identity Document" section i need to fill in the issue date and expiry date of the National Identity document. My national identity card do not have expiry date. Without fill in the expiry date my form cannot generated 2D barcodes before printing . May i know what should i do or fill in so i can print out the form with 2D barcodes?

Question 2:

Can i remove the "DEPENDANT(S)" form in Page 3 and Page 4 ?

I do not have spouse and children. Without filling in ALL the dependant's information and yes or no questions, my form cannot generated 2D barcodes before printing. May i know what should i do or fill in so i can print out the form with 2D barcodes?

Now my biggest problem is can't print out the form with 2D barcode due to i didn't fill in the expiry date of National Identity and didn't fill in all the dependant's form.

I already contact my local Canadian High Commission but there is no reply from them. Already contact them 2weeks but still no reply. My application process was delayed terribly.

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
giogenre said:
Questions lang about filling-up the new Form.

For IMM0008ENU_2D form (Generic Application Form)

1. When I click (put check) on boxes, proceeding blank spaces was grayed out and cannot input answers anymore. Do I need to put N/A (handwritten) after I printed it?
2. Do I need to put N/A on Question #3 under UCI after I printed the document or leave it blank? I'm a new applicant.
3. Do I need to put N/A on Question #9 under Citizenship(s) under item#2 after I printed the document or leave it blank?
4. Under Education/Occupation Details: What to put on item#4 "Intended Occupation"? Is it OK to enter “NOC 7216”? (that's my applied NOC).

Others:
1. Do I need to fill-up the Additional Dependants / Declaration Form (IMM0008DEPENU)? I have only one child.
2. What is correct, NA or N/A for Not Applicable?

thanks!

for question 4 is better put in your occupation full name.

you do not need to fill in Additional Dependants / Declaration Form (IMM0008DEPENU) because that is for more than 5 children.

i follow the latest form guide, fill in NA.

Hope this help you.

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kidrobot said:
for question 4 is better put in your occupation full name.

you do not need to fill in Additional Dependants / Declaration Form (IMM0008DEPENU) because that is for more than 5 children.

i follow the latest form guide, fill in NA.

Hope this help you.
thanks @kidrobot!

htoothantsin

Jun 23, 2011
Dear Seniors

Need your help in calcuating points for below.

(1) My IELTS score are as per below.
Speaking 6.5
Listening 6.5
Reading 6.0
Writing 6.5
Overall Band 6.5
Can I calculate the point with 12? or 8?
I'm in Singapore for about 6 yrs and originally from Myanmar.

(2) I have 15yrs of full time study.
11 yrs of high school
1 yr of diploma
3 yrs of University
Can I calculate the point for Education with 22? or 20?

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks
Htoo

spicey

Champion Member
May 11, 2011
htoothantsin said:
Dear Seniors

Need your help in calcuating points for below.

(1) My IELTS score are as per below.
Speaking 6.5
Listening 6.5
Reading 6.0
Writing 6.5
Overall Band 6.5
Can I calculate the point with 12? or 8?
I'm in Singapore for about 6 yrs and originally from Myanmar.

(2) I have 15yrs of full time study.
11 yrs of high school
1 yr of diploma
3 yrs of University
Can I calculate the point for Education with 22? or 20?

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks
Htoo
Is English your first official language,if yes,kindly commute as follows; speaking-6.5= 4points
Listening-6.5= 2points, Writing-6.5= 4 points while reading-6.00= 2 points total of 12 points.

For better results,kindly re-check your eligibility from www.cic.gc.ca..

Hope it helps

punnam

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Common questions

Maaties said:
Ministerial Instruction or 38 job list

The 38 job list can be found here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp

To see if you qualify under the ministerial instruction list. Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp and find the profession most closest to yours.

Then go to the relevant job in the NOC website and decide whether the first paragraph describes your job and whether you do most of the duties found under the NOC code. If yes, you probably qualify under that NOC. If not, then look for another profession in the ministerial list.

Dear Maaties
Please could you tell me any consultancy which had experience in canada immigration . Thank you

NOC website is http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/OccupationIndex.aspx

NKKD Hortons

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011, CC charged: 26-09-2011
AOR Received.
PER on 24-10-2011
Chami said:
Usually they say, that it doesn't contradict to have 2 applications with different intentions. But PHD takes long time to study, by that time you will have you PR done for sure and it will help you to get job quickly, that might be a + in eyes of officer. All depends on case worker, however you can mention on Cover Letter for you study permit application that you have filed PR application as well and in the mean time you intend to prepare yourself for job market.

if i had an acceptence i would definatly applied for study permit. It's my personal choise though.

Chami
Thank you Mayank and Chami.

NKKD Hortons

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011, CC charged: 26-09-2011
AOR Received.
PER on 24-10-2011
Hi All,

I have a question.. Please answer. We sent our application with my husband as the Principal applicant with NOC 3131. Now, we are not sure if we will make it into the cap500.

I would like to send out an application with me as the Principal applicant with NOC 2121. We have a copy of all our documents and only few changes have to be made to these documents. Is it OK if I write a cover letter with our second application (NOC2121) asking CIC to consider my application only if our initial 3131 application does not make it into the cap? Should I wait to see if our initial application makes it into the cap and then send my 2nd application or can I send it now. If we dont make it into the 3131 cap, I want us to make it into the 2121 cap atleast. Waiting long can decrease our chances of making it into the 2121 cap also. Better be safe than sorry. Please comment on this.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is not forbidden to have 2 applications going but I do not know if they would consider your request only to process if the other one does not go through. If they both go through, you can cancel one of them.

Aug 15, 2011
Re: Status of Application Received or Not

I have sent application on August 2nd 2011 under category 1122, to CIO Sydney Nova Scotia and visa office is London UK. As per FedEx the application was delivered on August 8, 2011 to CIO office.

I have not recieved any acknowledgement from CIO whether they have received my application or not.

I am very confused and need help.

The Bar Coded Application has produced one number at the end of each page and I am not sure whether it is an application number or something else. The number is 1041546139

My details are:

Family Name: Jamil ; Category 1122 ; Date of Birth:September 20, 1979 ;
Category : 1122

montu

Jun 24, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
london``
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july2010
Doc's Request.
8thjuly2010
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
IELTS Request
àt the time of application
File Transfer...
22-11-2010 to lon vo
Med's Request
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
22-6-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in oct 2011
I TODAY NOTICED THAT ON MY ECASE ITS AS BELOW;
We received your application for permanent residence on July 8, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on November 22, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on November 22, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

MY QUEST IS
DOES IT MEAN THAT THEY HAVE ISSUES VISA AND I'LL GET MY PP'S BK IN 1 WEEK..BECAUSE I HV SEEN ON THIS FORUM THAT ONCE VO POST DM IN NEXT 3-5DAYS PEOPLE GET THEIR PP'S WITH VISA.

ALSO, IS IT THIS WAY ONLY THAT VO POST WHEN THEY ISSUE VISA? HOPE THIS MEANS POSITIVE FOR ME.

THANKS....

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding the Proof of Relationship in Canada, do my relative (my brother) have his documents (copies of his scanned passport, Citizenship card, monthly bills, credit card invoices, etc.) be notarized there in Canada before he send it to me? thanks!