+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsorship - Questions regarding to Police Certificate Check

wolforever

Mar 14, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am currently working in Canada as a worker. With help from my beloved partner (We have been together for about 4 years) I have recently submitted in-land family sponsorship application to Ontario office, and they received my application on March 21. Now I am patiently waiting for AOR.

I have read through the guidelines for application and police check, yet I still have a few questions that I wasn't sure about police check certificate. I hope you guys would provide some good advices. :) I have recieved my police check certificate from my origin country, and I am going to apply for Canadian police check in the next few days before I get AOR. The police check from my origin country is in paper form with certificate translation and notarized document.

My question are

1) when I receive AOR, does everything CIC requested has to be done online? For example, I need to submit all certificates in electronic format? or I can send out my paper form of origin country police check to CIC? I did not include my origin country police check certificate in the paper application because they said "you do not have to provide certificate now".

2)I would like to hear advices from you guys when is a better time to apply for the Canadian police check certificate? Should I apply before I receive AOR to after AOR? Are there any things such as documents number that I need to provide when I apply for the police check certificate.

Thanks for you time to read my questions!

Cheers ;D

ConfusedandInLove

Sep 14, 2016
Hi, I would just like to find out if you have an update to your situation?

Did you mail your PCC or did you upload it online? And did you have to apply for a Canada police check? As far as I understand, you should only do this if CIC explicitly requests you do a Canadian Police Check.

Can anyone shed some light on this - especially the Canadian police check?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC does not usually request the RCMP check, since the instructions have said that a PCC is required for any/all countries where the applicant has lived, since age 18, except for Canada. For reasons unknown, they sometimes request one during the process. ? ? ?

ConfusedandInLove

Sep 14, 2016
Thank you Ponga!

That gives me more clarification, I have been over the documents so many times but cannot find where they say "except Canada" and was just worried that I might be doing it wrong by not getting a Canadian Police Check.