+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

family sponsorship is a grate aunt good enough????

PhyChris

Jan 21, 2009
hi there i have a 19 year old girlfriend who has US citizenship and is staying here in Canada with her aunt she wants to get Permanent residence here so she can get a job. my question is can her grate aunt sponsor her? or maybe me ? and if so how long does this take?
and a link to the form please!!

grate aunt = her mothers mothers sister.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
great aunt is not closely related enough. you can if you have lived together for a year or if you get married. you would have to prove your relationship and you can't be on welfare. it could take give or take 7 months for her to get PR if you apply outland.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

PhyChris said:
she really needs a job is there no other options???
Nope. She has to find an employer who is willing to apply for an LMO (Labour Market Opinion) that there are no CC/PRs available for the job and it has been widely advertised. It is very doubtful at the age of 19 that she has a skill that is in demand in Canada.

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even if her great aunt could sponsor her, it would not be fast. We are talking about months. She is US, she could maybe look into Bunac visa to get a work permit for 6 months, see http://www.bunac.org/usa/workCanada/eligibility.aspx but she would need to be a student to get that. Otherwise, if she has any kind of experience doing anything, try to get an LMO like PMM said. Depending on the province, some low skill jobs are also in demand.