+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family sponsorship for spouse - Husband in Canada and Principal Applicant in Pakistan

Amias

Feb 13, 2022
I have gone through CIC information regarding Family sponsorship. But there are some clarities required regarding following:

1. My husband is permanent resident in Canada (Sponsor). I live in Pakistan (Principal Applicant "PA"). CIC mentions that both applications must be sent together at the same time. So:

a. Do I as "PA" have to gather all documents and fill relevant forms in Pakistan and send all of it to my husband in Canada for submission of application? So that my husband can fill all the relevant forms concerning him as sponsor and attach them along with his application and afterwards post both applications by mail/or by courier to Sydney,NS address as is mentioned on cic site?

b. Since "PA" lives outside Canada, would my application be considered outland? If so, do I have to submit my application in embassy/consulate in Islamabad? And my sponsor would submit it in Canada?

c. I heard that there is soft launch of online submission of Family sponsorship visa recently due to covid. Is there such an option for sponsor and PA both? If yes, where can I find the link? Rather than paper application, one can submit application digitally.

d. I registered under IRCC and GC but there isn't any such online submission option for family sponsorship.

2. Do both sponsor and Principal Applicant need to send separate cover letter with their applications?

Kindly assist me in understanding the process clearly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahsankhan001

Ahsankhan001

Jan 23, 2022
I have gone through CIC information regarding Family sponsorship. But there are some clarities required regarding following:

1. My husband is permanent resident in Canada (Sponsor). I live in Pakistan (Principal Applicant "PA"). CIC mentions that both applications must be sent together at the same time. So:

a. Do I as "PA" have to gather all documents and fill relevant forms in Pakistan and send all of it to my husband in Canada for submission of application? So that my husband can fill all the relevant forms concerning him as sponsor and attach them along with his application and afterwards post both applications by mail/or by courier to Sydney,NS address as is mentioned on cic site?

b. Since "PA" lives outside Canada, would my application be considered outland? If so, do I have to submit my application in embassy/consulate in Islamabad? And my sponsor would submit it in Canada?

c. I heard that there is soft launch of online submission of Family sponsorship visa recently due to covid. Is there such an option for sponsor and PA both? If yes, where can I find the link? Rather than paper application, one can submit application digitally.

d. I registered under IRCC and GC but there isn't any such online submission option for family sponsorship.

2. Do both sponsor and Principal Applicant need to send separate cover letter with their applications?

I think you only have to focus on documents that you need to send your husband. I don't recommend you to file your application by yourself either paper based or online. You have to get services from any professional, he will manage, arrange and organize your application better than you or your husband.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

1.a) You have to work out yourselves how to get documents back and forth and signed etc. Almost all can be done electronically until final physical copies and signatures. I think most couples end up having one take responsibility for most of the forms and docs but up to you. It is probably easier for the final submissin of physical docs to be done by the partner in Canada (but really only because of convenience). You should look at it as one large applicaiton with sections that needs to be sent together to Sydney.

Or you can hire someone.

b) Yes, Outland. Must be sent to Sydney if outland. One package all together.

c) Online application is pilot project (beta!) only. Because it's a pilot, some parts may not be perfectly clear. Up to you.

d) It's a pilot. You may have to look for it. If you can't find it using internet, maybe it's not for you )))).

2) Again, it is submitted as one large application.