+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsership - Sponsor your other relatives

jassie78

May 17, 2013
Hi,

Could someone give me some good valuable advice please preferably a senior member of staff.

I have a uncle who lives in BC with his family who where all born there as Canadian citizens.

Can he sponsor me and my family i.e wife & two kids 9 year old and 4 year old under the Family Sponsership - Sponsor your other relatives?

I have assets in UK i.e money to support my family and can sell my home.

I'm a bit confused with the following statement:-

"You can sponsor:

brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship
another relative of any age or relationship but only under specific conditions (see Note below)
accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).
Note: You can sponsor one relative regardless of age or relationship only if you do not have a living spouse or common-law partner, conjugal partner, a son or daughter, parent, grandparent, sibling, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece who could be sponsored as a member of the family class, and you do not have any relative who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident or registered as an Indian under the Indian Act.

From the following link w w w .cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-who.asp

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

sariss

Jan 18, 2011
Collingwood Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2012
AOR Received.
August 22, 2012
File Transfer...
August 22, 2012
Med's Done....
April 4, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 10, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
From what I understand, no he cannot sponsor you. It says he can sponsor a nephew if they are under 18 and not married.
They could also sponsor ONE relative regardless of age or relationship if they don't have any relative who is a Canadian citizen.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
jassie78 said:
Hi,

Could someone give me some good valuable advice please preferably a senior member of staff.

I have a uncle who lives in BC with his family who where all born there as Canadian citizens.

Can he sponsor me and my family i.e wife & two kids 9 year old and 4 year old under the Family Sponsership - Sponsor your other relatives?

I have assets in UK i.e money to support my family and can sell my home.

I'm a bit confused with the following statement:-

"You can sponsor:

brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship
another relative of any age or relationship but only under specific conditions (see Note below)
accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).
Note: You can sponsor one relative regardless of age or relationship only if you do not have a living spouseor common-law partner, conjugal partner, a son or daughter, parent, grandparent, sibling, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece who could be sponsored as a member of the family class, and you do not have any relative who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident or registered as an Indian under the Indian Act.

From the following link w w w .cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-who.asp

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
You can stop after bolded comment - in other words, he can't

jassie78

May 17, 2013
I'm really disappointed now. Basically if I had no dependents then I could have applied just for my self?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
jassie78 said:
I'm really disappointed now. Basically if I had no dependents then I could have applied just for my self?

Both of your parents would have to dead as well as under the age of 18.

Are you a UK citizen? You can look into a working holiday (IEC) visa. They are filled for this year and the UK's quota fills fast, so give it a look and start preparing now if you would like to apply for one (if you qualify).

jassie78

May 17, 2013
I really feel frustrated because I can't find a way of moving to Canada with my family from UK.

My background:-

Education:-
I have a 3 year HND diploma in computing certificate from university.

Experience:-
I have 8 years continuous experience in support desktop technician job which falls under noc list 2282 Skill level B.

I can't apply under Federal skilled workers because I don't have work experience from the eligible list

You must have one year of continuous, full-time (or an equal amount of part-time) paid work experience, in at least one of these occupations within the last ten years:

0211 Engineering managers
1112 Financial and investment analysts
2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers
2131 Civil engineers
2132 Mechanical engineers
2134 Chemical engineers
2143 Mining engineers
2145 Petroleum engineers
2144 Geological engineers
2146 Aerospace engineers
2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers)
2154 Land surveyors
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
3142 Physiotherapists
3143 Occupational Therapists
3211 Medical laboratory technologists
3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants
3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
3215 Medical Radiation Technologists
3216 Medical Sonographers
3217 Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists

Basic eligibility criteria

We will only process your FSW application if you have:

at least one year of continuous and paid (full-time or an equal amount in part-time) work experience
in a single occupation, within the last 10 years, at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 edition of the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), and you: have this work experience in one of the eligible occupations, OR
have a valid offer of arranged employment, OR
are an international student who is enrolled in a PhD program in Canada (or who graduated from a Canadian PhD program within the past 12 months) and meet these criteria.

My only downfall is I don't have this work experience in one of the eligible occupations even though I have 8 years experience from skill levels B.

Can anybody help me out with a solution please.

Thanks

jassie78

May 17, 2013
amikety said:
Both of your parents would have to dead as well as under the age of 18.

Are you a UK citizen? You can look into a working holiday (IEC) visa. They are filled for this year and the UK's quota fills fast, so give it a look and start preparing now if you would like to apply for one (if you qualify).
Hi,

Lets say I apply next year and I'm successful then would my wife and kids be aloud to come with me? If so, then can I extend working holiday visa for example another 12 months while before it expiry's while in in Canada?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
jassie78 said:
Hi,

Lets say I apply next year and I'm successful then would my wife and kids be aloud to come with me? If so, then can I extend working holiday visa for example another 12 months while before it expiry's while in in Canada?
Are they also UK citizens? If so, yes. Visa exempt families usually aren't an issue. Just make sure they all know you are "just visiting" Canada and not "moving there." (Even if you intent to move permanently!)

I am not sure if your wife could get her own work permit based on your IEC visa/job. Usually a spouse can get a work permit based on the work permit of a A, B, or 0 NOC code. I am not sure if this applies to IEC visas. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will come along and instruct us both. However, your wife can seek work as a visitor - but cannot work until she gets a work permit. She could seek her own IEC visa if she's eligible as well. Your children may need study permits to go to school and they may have to pay international tuition. (Worry about how to deal with that when the time comes. Don't overwhelm yourself with the details right now. JMO.)

I believe UK's IEC visa can be renewed while in Canada. You cannot extend the IEC visa.

Once you are familiar with IEC and the requirements, you also need to decide where in Canada you would want to go. Keep in mind, the provinces have PNP (Provincial Nominee Program). Some provinces only require 6 months of full time experience and will provide you with a bridging open work permit once you meet certain criteria. They do require an employer "nominate' you however - so you have to consider that while job hunting. (I'm not sure the nice way to ask this to an employer, so you may want to better advice when the time comes.) Also, you can look into the CEC (Canadian Experience Class) after 1 year of full time.

First, worry about the IEC visa. Everything I mentioned is just so you know there are options available. But yeah - worry about the IEC. If I remember correctly ( :-X ) IEC UK was filled within days of opening!

jassie78

May 17, 2013
The only other way I can think is if I was to find a employer who is willing to give me a job.

This process I believe would involve the employer applying for LMO labor market opinion and once the immigration as passed this assessment then I would have to apply for temp work permit which I believe can last up to 2 years.

Could I apply for permanent residency after that if the employ is still willing to employ me?

if so, then the only option I see if I go through the above route is Canadian Experience Class

Determine your eligibility-Canadian Experience Class
You need to meet these requirements to apply under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:

plan to live outside the province of Quebec
have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization
meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening).
Skilled work experience

According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

Managerial jobs (NOC skill type 0)
Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)

I know most companies that advertise for foreign works via the LMO don't fall under skill level skill B. Most are like fast food jobs where the locals don't want to apply to hence why they advertise and apply for LMO

jassie78

May 17, 2013
amikety said:
Are they also UK citizens? If so, yes. Visa exempt families usually aren't an issue. Just make sure they all know you are "just visiting" Canada and not "moving there." (Even if you intent to move permanently!)

I am not sure if your wife could get her own work permit based on your IEC visa/job. Usually a spouse can get a work permit based on the work permit of a A, B, or 0 NOC code. I am not sure if this applies to IEC visas. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will come along and instruct us both. However, your wife can seek work as a visitor - but cannot work until she gets a work permit. She could seek her own IEC visa if she's eligible as well. Your children may need study permits to go to school and they may have to pay international tuition. (Worry about how to deal with that when the time comes. Don't overwhelm yourself with the details right now. JMO.)

I believe UK's IEC visa can be renewed while in Canada. You cannot extend the IEC visa.

Once you are familiar with IEC and the requirements, you also need to decide where in Canada you would want to go. Keep in mind, the provinces have PNP (Provincial Nominee Program). Some provinces only require 6 months of full time experience and will provide you with a bridging open work permit once you meet certain criteria. They do require an employer "nominate' you however - so you have to consider that while job hunting. (I'm not sure the nice way to ask this to an employer, so you may want to better advice when the time comes.) Also, you can look into the CEC (Canadian Experience Class) after 1 year of full time.

First, worry about the IEC visa. Everything I mentioned is just so you know there are options available. But yeah - worry about the IEC. If I remember correctly ( :-X ) IEC UK was filled within days of opening!
Thanks for a detailed advice on holiday working visa. That's a shame the holiday working visa's are now closed and no new application can be applied. Unfortunately time is not on my side I was hoping to get there before I apply for my daughter's secondary school admission for 2014. In UK we have to apply by October 2013 and for me to apply for a good school I have to move to a better neighborhood where the house would have to be within the catchment area of school. That would mean I would have to buy house and take finance for the next 25 years and that would end my hopes of moving to Canada for a better live for my family. I was hoping that I can be in Canada before so I don't need to apply for school and take big commitments.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
You seen to have a good grounding on the LMO process. It is possible to get a LMO job at skilled level, but it is difficult. Your chances are improved if you look towards the north. I hate to call areas like the Yukon "less desirable" places to live, but based on population distribution, they seem to be. Those areas offer more LMOs job and more snow!

If you decide to go that route, you will need to be dogged and educate employers on what they need to do in order to hire you. Then you have to hope HRSDC will give them a LMO.

Work permits are usually two years - it will depend on what your contract says and also what CIC decides. Then yes, you can look into PNP or CEC as long as your job duties and salary match what HRSDC expects to see for your NOC code.

It seems the UK needs to talk to Canada about expanding their quota for IEC! Tons of posters here are waiting until next year.

Based on your last post, I will say it's going to be difficult to get a LMO and work permit by October. Not impossible, but difficult.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
jassie78 said:
Thanks for a detailed advice on holiday working visa. That's a shame the holiday working visa's are now closed and no new application can be applied. Unfortunately time is not on my side I was hoping to get there before I apply for my daughter's secondary school admission for 2014. In UK we have to apply by October 2013 and for me to apply for a good school I have to move to a better neighborhood where the house would have to be within the catchment area of school. That would mean I would have to buy house and take finance for the next 25 years and that would end my hopes of moving to Canada for a better live for my family. I was hoping that I can be in Canada before so I don't need to apply for school and take big commitments.
I really doubt that the grass is any greener for your future in Canada. You'd have to have a really good reason to make the move from the UK. Getting an LMO in your skills may prove to be very difficult as it's not an area that Canada is lacking in.