Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2020
Med's Done....
08-02-2020
Finally I was able to make it to the agent after a wait time of 35 mins. I called them at 1.30 am IST. They told me that everything is passed and the officer does not need any information from my end. Then he told that there is a delay in decisions as only 50% staff is working. I also asked him about the office where my file is being processed, he mentioned it is being processed at Ottawa.

As everything is passed can I now remain calm or I still should be concerned about the final decision?

Note: I do not a have AIP yet :(
The agent I talked to yesterday said the same about the reduced manpower working on applications. I followed up on my eligibility status (as it was blank on my GCMS) and he said it was still blank, however about an hour after talking to the agent, my eligibility went back to being reviewed again on GCKey (ghost update). So yeah we have to trust the process. Good luck to all of us.

Timeline:

09 Feb 2020 - IELTS Academic
18 Feb 2020 - Upfront Medical
04 Aug 2020 - Lodged SDS
22 Sep 2020 - AIP (Other in GCKey)
28 Oct 2020 - Biometrics, same day update in GCKey
28 Oct 2020 - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
11 Jan 2021 - Noticed Eligibility reverted back to not being reviewed.
14 Jan 2021 - Passed Medical in GCKey (after 500 webforms)
08 Feb 2021 - Review of Eligibility started again (Ghost Update)

Last edited:
Reactions: j8naid

nsp95

Jan 13, 2021
The agent I talked to yesterday said the same about the reduced manpower working on applications. I followed up on my eligibility status (as it was blank on my GCMS) and he said it was still blank, however about an hour after talking to the agent, my eligibility went back to being reviewed again on GCKey (ghost update). So yeah we have to trust the process. Good luck to all of us.

Timeline:

04 Aug 2020 - Lodged SDS
Lol 500 webforms Yes now we just have to wait for our turn to get the PPR.

Vin59

Jun 1, 2020

Timeline:

04 Aug 2020 - Lodged SDS
So they started reviewing your eligibility only after you called? OMG. I applied last year July. My eligibility is appearing as "Your application is in progress. We will let you know when we start reviewing it". I applied July 29th 2020.

eliochalamet

Jan 11, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2020
Med's Done....
08-02-2020
So they started reviewing your eligibility only after you called? OMG. I applied last year July. My eligibility is appearing as "Your application is in progress. We will let you know when we start reviewing it". I applied July 29th 2020.
It seems as though that was what actually happened, right? It might be but it can't be just a coincidence.
My observation is that it depends on the agent who will take your call because I remember the agent I talked to that he will make a note on my application indicating my concern with having a blank eligibility status.

BTW we applied like a week apart so let's hope for the best.
Also try calling them as well :)

j8naid

Jun 25, 2020
Yep same here too, medicals have been updated but the eligibility review hasn’t started. I don’t know what they are upto now, loosing patience everyday!

eliochalamet

Jan 11, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2020
Med's Done....
08-02-2020
There are two options when calling the hotline.
  1. Press 1-1-1-1 then key in your application number.
  2. Starts with S followed by 9 digits probably and press pound #.
  3. Then enter your date of birth then press pound #.
  4. Then 1 again to confirm.
  5. Then 1 again. And 1 again.
  6. Then finally 0.
OR
  1. Press 3, then press 4, then press 0.
  2. Either way you will reach an agent.
Waiting time ranges from 18 minutes to 45 minutes (based on my experience).

Please prepare some questions and do not waste the opportunity.

Ask about the following if possible:

1. General status.
2. Application's primary office.
3. Eligibility status.
4. Criminality status.
5. Medical status.
6. Info sharing status.
7. Application due date
8. Whether you missed any communications from IRCC.

My experience

Your mileage may greatly vary.

There are agents who are NOT nice. In the call before my latest (third) one, I asked if there was a due date on my application. "The due date doesn't matter. It doesn't mean anything", the lady answered with an annoyed tone. Can you imagine what I felt after that? I'm stressed, I have millions of school work to do, and half the time I'm thinking about my application. So I guess it was only normal feel hopeless right? Just because the agent wasn't nice? Well probably not, so don't let it get to you.

Anyway when I called again yesterday, the agent that took my call was OVERLY nice. I even made it a point that he was the nicest agent I talked to (as the first agent I talked to was also grumpy.) I didn't even got the chance to ask the questions, he just stated all his observations from my file. And he said that there was in fact no due date so he won't be able to give me an update on when I should be hearing from IRCC. He said my application looks good and I do not need to make any further actions. But that he will leave a note on my application that I was asking for a follow up. He also pointed out the reduced manpower that's why there's a backlog, so there's that.

So anyways yeah, it's just me rambling at this point.
But please remember to always be nice and to sound kind as you are the applicant.
Alright?

eliochalamet

Jan 11, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2020
Med's Done....
08-02-2020
Hi
I applied on December 1
Complete file biometyand medical everything was done.
Medical passed- 28th January
AIP received- 2nd February
Any idea what’s next?
The decision, probably. @Ironclad says 30-45 days from the moment your medical passed.

Reactions: Ironclad

nat2020

Dec 14, 2019
My medical is passed today. I had raised 3-4 webforms last week.

My timeline:
Complete File / SDS/ India
Upfront Medical and Biometric: Jan 2020
Applied -21st July
AIP - 4th Sep
Feb 10: Medical Passed

Eligibility and other reviews in progress for more than 3 months now.