+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Facing problems to get SIN number

Kiranbhatia

Aug 26, 2023
I landed to Canada on 19th of April. On 21st of April I applied for SIN number but till now I didn’t got my SIN number. I applied it in person but they did paper application as there was a strike and it's more then a month. I tried calling Service canada and IRCC but no one is answering properly.I have job offer letter but without SIN they are not going to hire me. I feel so helpless and frustrated because every time I called 'service Canada sin' every agent give me different answer. Please help me in this
Hi
Have you got your SIN number?
Same thing happened with me also. We came on PR. Went to service canada for SIN on 14th July. My husband got it at there only but my SIN got stucked. They said they are not able to fetch my information and told me call on SIN customer care. It's been mora than a month I haven't received my SIN. I called them 3, 4 times but evertime they are saying theee is backlog. Please anyone can help or any information regarding this.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
That is what I am doing... But because of thus I losed my 2 job offers and it's really very difficult to survive without money.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/receiving-updating.html

You can still work while awaiting your SIN to be processed

“Once you have applied for your SIN, you may begin working insurable employment before you receive your SIN.”

You just have to show you’ve applied to the employer . The employer just needs proof you are awaiting for it to be processed

Kiranbhatia

Aug 26, 2023
Have you got your SIN or not? Its 5 month now.

I landed to Canada on 19th of April. On 21st of April I applied for SIN number but till now I didn’t got my SIN number. I applied it in person but they did paper application as there was a strike and it's more then a month. I tried calling Service canada and IRCC but no one is answering properly.I have job offer letter but without SIN they are not going to hire me. I feel so helpless and frustrated because every time I called 'service Canada sin' every agent give me different answer. Please help me in this

Kiranbhatia

Aug 26, 2023
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/receiving-updating.html

You can still work while awaiting your SIN to be processed

“Once you have applied for your SIN, you may begin working insurable employment before you receive your SIN.”

You just have to show you’ve applied to the employer . The employer just needs proof you are awaiting for it to be processed

Have you got your SIN now? It's 5 month now, I hope you got it. Can I reapply for SIN or just need to wait.

Jun 17, 2024
Hi,
I'm also facing similar issue whatever you mentioned. Did you get the SIN? if yes, How long it take? Do we need follow any department?
Could you pls suggest the way?