AOR Received.
April 15 2015
Med's Request
May 1 2015
Med's Done....
May 15 2015
Passport Req..
In God's time
My work permit will expire early April 2015 and I dont have yet AOR from CIC. I wonder if i can renew my work through my nomination certificate... I have been following different comments and I am confused which is which... please shed a light for my querries... thanks!!

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
If you have a PNP nomination and a written job offer (I think a letter from your employer stating you are a permanent full time employee and your job title will do) then you should be able to apply for a WP. In some cases your PNP approval letter will be good enough but I have read that sometimes you need a letter of recommendation from the PNP. I would contact the PNP office that you have the approval from and let them know your WP expires in April and that you understand that you should be able to get a new one and would like to know if you need a letter of recommendation from them and if so ask them to send you one.

Also from what I understand you can get the WP either by applying online or by driving to the border (called flag polling) with the needed documentation and they can issue the WP there.

My bf will be doing this soon with his PNP nomination and a letter from his employer. We havent decided yet if he should do it online or by going to the border. Going to the border will mean that he could have it in his hand with in a few hours (we only live a 2 hour drive from the border). That would mean about 4 hours of driving, the problem is that winter driving isn't always that easy and sometimes there can be long line ups at the border crossing (4 or 5 hour waits in line). Doing it on line means we could have to wait a month for it and waiting is always stressful, especially when you don't want your current WP to expire before you get the new one.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Mbgirlfriend said:
If you have a PNP nomination and a written job offer (I think a letter from your employer stating you are a permanent full time employee and your job title will do) then you should be able to apply for a WP. In some cases your PNP approval letter will be good enough but I have read that sometimes you need a letter of recommendation from the PNP. I would contact the PNP office that you have the approval from and let them know your WP expires in April and that you understand that you should be able to get a new one and would like to know if you need a letter of recommendation from them and if so ask them to send you one.

Also from what I understand you can get the WP either by applying online or by driving to the border (called flag polling) with the needed documentation and they can issue the WP there.

My bf will be doing this soon with his PNP nomination and a letter from his employer. We havent decided yet if he should do it online or by going to the border. Going to the border will mean that he could have it in his hand with in a few hours (we only live a 2 hour drive from the border). That would mean about 4 hours of driving, the problem is that winter driving isn't always that easy and sometimes there can be long line ups at the border crossing (4 or 5 hour waits in line). Doing it on line means we could have to wait a month for it and waiting is always stressful, especially when you don't want your current WP to expire before you get the new one.

I have heard of this as well but have not met anyone who did it this way. Please let us know the results here if your bf does pursue this method and whether it is successful or not.

greenlemon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December15 2014
AOR Received.
April 15 2015
Med's Request
May 1 2015
Med's Done....
May 15 2015
Passport Req..
In God's time
I was able to call the cic yesterday and their response is as follows:

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Labour Market Impact Assessment Exemption - Provincial Nominee
Generally, if you want to apply for a work permit, you need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada and a job offer letter from your future employer.

As an exception, you can apply for a work permit in Canada without a LMIA if you are a provincial nominee and if you have a:

Letter from the provincial government (with a certificate number) confirming that you were nominated for permanent residence by the province,

Job offer from an employer based in that province, and

Statement from the province that it has determined that all factors required for the issuance of a work permit as per its agreement with Canada have been met, and identifying the occupation and employer information.

Please note that it is not necessary that your application for permanent residence be received by CIC for the work permit to be issued without a LMIA.
Quebec-selected skilled workers are not part of this category.

**** I hope this will also help others who are with the same boat as me...

For more information, please visit our website.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
greenlemon said:
I was able to call the cic yesterday and their response is as follows:

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Labour Market Impact Assessment Exemption - Provincial Nominee
Generally, if you want to apply for a work permit, you need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada and a job offer letter from your future employer.

As an exception, you can apply for a work permit in Canada without a LMIA if you are a provincial nominee and if you have a:

Letter from the provincial government (with a certificate number) confirming that you were nominated for permanent residence by the province,

Job offer from an employer based in that province, and

Statement from the province that it has determined that all factors required for the issuance of a work permit as per its agreement with Canada have been met, and identifying the occupation and employer information.

Please note that it is not necessary that your application for permanent residence be received by CIC for the work permit to be issued without a LMIA.
Quebec-selected skilled workers are not part of this category.

**** I hope this will also help others who are with the same boat as me...

For more information, please visit our website.
This is helpful. My bf's LOA from the PNP states where he works and his position so that may be enough. He will be contacting the PNP next week to ask them if he need another kind of letter from then and how he should apply for the WP.

From what I know so far what you have to do is an application to change conditions.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

If you answer the question according to your situation as a PNP at the end it will tell you basically the same as the email from CIC did. My biggest questions are if a person can flag pole for the WP or if they do apply on line and the WP isn't approved with in a week before his current one expires can we drive to the border to flag pole while the on line application is in the system?

mahmoud21

Jan 26, 2015
Google this :

My work permit expired and I did not apply to extend it. Can I stay and keep working in Canada?

It will take you to a page telling you that if you apply for a work permit just as your existing is expiring you are considered under implied status and can continue to work until your new one arrives. Let me know what you think.