Stressed!

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-08-2015
Has anyone applied or going to apply for an extension of the PGWP while waiting in the express entry?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
PGWP is a once in a lifetime permit. If your PGWP is expiring, you can apply LMIA, and get a closed WP that's tied to your employer.

Or if you have ITA, submitted full application and received AOR, you can get BOWP instead.

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
if my spouse join a college here in toronto then will i get a spouse open work permit...

i am currently on a PGWP.

Stressed!

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-08-2015
My PGWP is expiring in June and I have a score of 423...so no chance of an ITA soon. My employer probably won't go through the LMIA process....any other options?

BankingExpressE

Feb 2, 2015
Stressed! said:
My PGWP is expiring in June and I have a score of 423...so no chance of an ITA soon. My employer probably won't go through the LMIA process....any other options?
Are you from a country the qualifies for IEC (young professionals)?

BankingExpressE

Feb 2, 2015
Stressed! said:
Then I don't know. I'm in the same boat, but luckily I'm from a country where I can apply for a young professionals permit from within Canada, so that's my strategy. I did some research on other options, but unfortunately came up empty handed.

Reactions: Sara97

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure how long was your PGWP issued for or the reason why you did not apply for PR before express entry came along. Regardless, if you are able to get a PR application into the system before June i think you might qualify for "bridging open work permit". The forum did not allow me to post a link so just search the question below in Google, the answer is on CIC website.

"Can I renew my post-graduation work permit in order to keep working while my Canadian Experience Class application is being processed?"

Good luck!

PreetiCalgary2014

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Stressed! said:
i hear ya! I'm exactly in the same boat! Very stressed out! Don't know what to do! Hope god helps all of us!

Stressed!

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-08-2015
SKguy said:
I am not sure how long was your PGWP issued for or the reason why you did not apply for PR before express entry came along. Regardless, if you are able to get a PR application into the system before June i think you might qualify for "bridging open work permit". The forum did not allow me to post a link so just search the question below in Google, the answer is on CIC website.

"Can I renew my post-graduation work permit in order to keep working while my Canadian Experience Class application is being processed?"

Good luck!
Yes, if I get an ITA and AOR before my work permit expires then I should be able to get the bridging work permit. Worry is that what if I don't get the ITA by June.

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
Stressed! said:
Yes, if I get an ITA and AOR before my work permit expires then I should be able to get the bridging work permit. Worry is that what if I don't get the ITA by June.
I know it is not really ideal but you can try to go back to school and get study permit to extend your stay here if you want

Stressed!

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-08-2015
tiffany123 said:
I know it is not really ideal but you can try to go back to school and get study permit to extend your stay here if you want
Yes, that would be the last option I guess.