+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend visitor visa for my wife online – something wrong

dimulka

Jul 4, 2014
Hello!
I am temporary worker and I live in Canada with my wife. She has visitor status. Two months ago I extend my work permit. Now, we have eligible documents, work permit and visitor record. However, our visa period was expired. We need to renew these stamps. And puzzle begins…
Using MyCIC I filled up and sent online my IMM5257. They submitted it and asked me for my passport. This step passed. Ok.
Next, my wife. I tried to create new application for her using my MyCIC account. No success. I pass standard online wizard and finally system proposes me IMM5708E form. Why? I do not understand.
I created new account for her and passed the same wizard (3w.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp) and again it proposes her to fill out IMM5708E form. I tried to complete her application offline. I downloaded checklist, IMM5257 form and others. I examine Instruction Guide…gradually…I reach “Step 3. Pay the fees”. Next, I go to link, I click “I Agree”, and finally I receive this message:

“Complete your application before paying the fees online.”

And button Exit bellow.

What is going on? Where is my mistake? Anybody help me please!
Thank you.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Re: Extend visitor visa for my wife online – something wrong

dimulka said:
Hello!
I am temporary worker and I live in Canada with my wife. She has visitor status. Two months ago I extend my work permit. Now, we have eligible documents, work permit and visitor record. However, our visa period was expired. We need to renew these stamps. And puzzle begins...
Using MyCIC I filled up and sent online my IMM5257. They submitted it and asked me for my passport. This step passed. Ok.
Next, my wife. I tried to create new application for her using my MyCIC account. No success. I pass standard online wizard and finally system proposes me IMM5708E form. Why? I do not understand.
I created new account for her and passed the same wizard (3w.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp) and again it proposes her to fill out IMM5708E form. I tried to complete her application offline. I downloaded checklist, IMM5257 form and others. I examine Instruction Guide...gradually...I reach “Step 3. Pay the fees”. Next, I go to link, I click “I Agree”, and finally I receive this message:

“Complete your application before paying the fees online.”

And button Exit bellow.

What is going on? Where is my mistake? Anybody help me please!
Thank you.
You have to fill IMM5708E. She is extending her stay, so that is the correct form.

Why would you think it is not correct? I haven't seen the system asking for documents that are not the correct ones.... ever...

dimulka

Jul 4, 2014
I did it twice (from my account and my wife), last time I received this message:
---
This refers to your application for a visitor record received 06/13/2014. No action is being taken
to process your request for the following reasons:
You are currently in possession of a permit which confers status as a temporary resident in
Canada. A temporary resident visa cannot be issued at our office. Please visit
3w.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp to find out how to apply for a Canadian
temporary resident visa from within Canada.
---

dimulka

Jul 4, 2014
first message:
---
This refers to your online application for temporary resident visa in Canada.
Our office is unable to process your application. According to our records, you have applied for an extension to an existing Study or Work Permit, or you have requested a Visitor Record Extension. Please note that the actual document required in your case appears to be a Temporary Resident Visa.
---

dimulka

Jul 4, 2014
Anybody help me. I completely don't understand what I should do in this situation  We lost tickets and time. I could not imagine this stupidity. How my wife can obtain TVR within Canada?!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
dimulka said:
Anybody help me. I completely don't understand what I should do in this situation  We lost tickets and time. I could not imagine this stupidity. How my wife can obtain TVR within Canada?!
What is clear to me is that you are not requesting the correct documents and therefore you are being denied as you are not eligible. You didn't answer my first post so it is clear to me you ask for help but ignore the suggestions.

Last chance. Explain with detail which applications you submitted, what is her current status, please include dates and be specific as possible.

dimulka

Jul 4, 2014
Thank you for your attention in this question!
I did not try to ignore your initial question. I suppose that my English is not so good.

You asked me in July 04, 2014:

You have to fill IMM5708E. She is extending her stay, so that is the correct form.
Why would you think it is not correct? I haven't seen the system asking for documents that are not the correct ones.... ever...
I gave answer:

I did it twice.
It means that I passed standard online procedure and filled up IMM5708E. I paid fee, uploaded required documents and sent them. After two weeks, I received a message that I quoted above.
If I am not mistaken “extending her stay” and “temporary resident visa” are different things. She already has legal status in Canada as visitor for the period: 26/04/2014 - 26/04/2017. It is showed in VISITOR RECORD/FICHE DE VISITEUR document.

Now, she needs stamp in passport. Let me know please if I lose any information.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
dimulka said:
Just send a paper application. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dimulka said:
Thank you for your attention in this question!
I did not try to ignore your initial question. I suppose that my English is not so good.

You asked me in July 04, 2014:

I gave answer:

It means that I passed standard online procedure and filled up IMM5708E. I paid fee, uploaded required documents and sent them. After two weeks, I received a message that I quoted above.
If I am not mistaken “extending her stay” and “temporary resident visa” are different things. She already has legal status in Canada as visitor for the period: 26/04/2014 - 26/04/2017. It is showed in VISITOR RECORD/FICHE DE VISITEUR document.

If your wife has visitor status in Canada, she CAN'T apply for TRV (visitor stamp) in Canada, she has to apply to an office outside Canada.

dimulka

Jul 4, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Just send a paper application. 3w.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp
Hi!
I tried to do this. However, I can't pass Step 3. Pay the fees.
I receive this message:

--
Complete your application before paying the fees online.

We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.

Please select the required services.

Citizenship
Immigration
Access to Information (To submit an ATI request and pay the application fee, please visit the ATIP Online Request website.)

-= Exit =-
--

...and there is no options, I can click only on Exit button.

dimulka

Jul 4, 2014
PMM said:
Hi

If your wife has visitor status in Canada, she CAN'T apply for TRV (visitor stamp) in Canada, she has to apply to an office outside Canada.
I agree, but I don't understand how I can do this within Canada.
We have two options: 1) online, 2) papers.

1) When I tried "Online" option, system proposes me application for extending my status.
2) When I tried "Papers" option, I can't pay the fees.

gs123raja

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Oct-2014
AOR Received.
17-Feb-2015
Hi,
my case is also the same. While applied for TRV, CIC rejected stating "
According to our records, you have applied for an extension to an existing Study or Work Permit, or you have requested a Visitor Record Extension" for my wife (open werk permit holder) and daughter (visitor).

Please tell me whether you got TRV for your wife and how?

-Raj

laviyash

May 8, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpc ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014 cc charged 05th Jan
Nomination.....
PER 28th January,2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
19th Feb,2015
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Medicals uploaded by doctor-11-04-2015 Ecas 3rd line:22-04-2015 PCC Sent:May 6,15
Passport Req..
May23,2015..☺☺4th LINE DM-MAY25,2015, PASSPORT RECEIVED(CIC):May 26,2015 PP RETURN TRACKER ACTIVATE-JUNE04,2015
VISA ISSUED...
May27,2015..Received pp frm CIC:June5,2015
LANDED..........
June05,2015...Journey complete!!
guys same situation here..... :(..we need trv's for me n my wife...i am on work permit n wife is on visitors..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

laviyash said:
guys same situation here..... :(..we need trv's for me n my wife...i am on work permit n wife is on visitors..
Then she has to apply to an overseas office, as only Study/work permit holders can apply in Canada. Your spouse is a visitor.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Why are you guys mixing up two different things i.e trv (visit visa) and extension to stay in Canada.
A trv (visitor visa): this is a stamp/sticker that is placed in a passport on the approval of a trv application which is generally made outside of Canada and it is like a request to enter Canada for a period of 6 months (even if the visa expiry is more than 6 months). A person holding a visit visa can enter Canada as a visitor. Legally One cannot stay in Canada for more than 6 months.

Extension to stay/remain in Canada as a visitor: this is an option for those who wants to extend their stay in Canada. I.e due to certain reasons they want to live more than 6 months in Canada as a visitor ( reason can be spouse wants to spend more time with his/her family etc etc). This type of application is only made by those who are already in Canada on a visitor visa (valid) and their visting duration is nearly to be expired. Atleast 30 days before the visitor status expires the person apply for extension to stay. If the application is approved the applicant just receive a document mailed to his/her address which is called a visitor record. Once approved the applicant is good to stay in Canada for the approved time mentioned on the visitor record. No passport request or no sticker is placed on the passport. Extension is granted from 6 months to 1 year and your status remains as visitor. before the expiry of this document (Visitor record) you can again apply to extend your visitor record. (again giving the reason like waiting for PR application decision, Sponsored under family class etc etc).