+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahuldokwal said:
Thanks Stanlee,

I have one question, regarding the police certificate. I am from India but currently I am in USA. Do I need to go back to India to get police certificate or can I get from the embassy here in USA.
You can get it from the embassy.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
iasyed72 said:
Hello all,

I am in the process of applying for Express Entry. I need to know regarding Police Clearance Certificate, whether PCC is required for all the family members or only the ones who are applying for Express Entry.

Regards
PCC will be applicable for the following
  • The principal applicant
  • Their spouse or common-law partner
  • Their dependent children 18 years of age or older, including non-accompanying

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Adil Khan123 said:
Dear All,

I have a total score of 465.... few days ago my EE profile has expired now I am going to create a new one. please tell me if there is a change in information between previous (expired) profile and new profile.... will there be any issue???
You will have to create a new profile the same way you created your first profile. You will have to revalidate your Job bank account with the new Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code.

sidhusukhdev123

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
hi..pls tell..is there any restrictions for 1 person to apply for only one PNP at a single time or we can apply in multiple PNPs ??

and if possible pls explain in detail..step by step instructions to apply for quebac immigration.. skilled worker program!! as i am not getting any response on quebac thread!!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sidhusukhdev123 said:
hi..pls tell..is there any restrictions for 1 person to apply for only one PNP at a single time or we can apply in multiple PNPs ??

and if possible pls explain in detail..step by step instructions to apply for quebac immigration.. skilled worker program!! as i m getting any response on quebac thread!!
You can apply for multiple PNPs using your same EE profile. However, please note that some PNPs have reservations of an applicant applying to multiple provinces, so you need to check their specific requirements. Please note, even though you can apply to multiple provinces and you get nominated by more than one province, you can only accept nomination from a single province.

For Quebec process check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/quebec/index.asp

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Any idea on the scores for the draws - whether they would increase or decrease. Although I know that no one knows about this but still what is the grapevine?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
vaibhav007us said:
Any idea on the scores for the draws - whether they would increase or decrease. Although I know that no one knows about this but still what is the grapevine?
The reality is that, the grapevine will not help either. :)

sidhusukhdev123

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Stanlee said:
You can apply for multiple PNPs using your same EE profile. However, please note that some PNPs have reservations of an applicant applying to multiple provinces, so you need to check their specific requirements. Please note, even though you can apply to multiple provinces and you get nominated by more than one province, you can only accept nomination from a single province.

For Quebec process check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/quebec/index.asp
thanks a lot stanlee..

FarazM

Aug 2, 2016
Newbie here, please excuse my ignorance.

So far, I have completed two steps and need help with the third.

1) Determine your eligibility :: done. looks I am eligible.
2) Get your language test(s) done. :: done. have managed to get minimum required scores.
3) Get your qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment. :: I have created an account at WES and made the payment, my next step is to send over the documents, but this is where I am stuck. I am from India and got marksheets, degree for both graduation and PGDM.

On this page, wes.org/ca/eca/requireddocuments/index.asp it says

If the document is given to you to forward to WES, it must be attested & dated and placed in an official sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the institution that conducted the examination. If the envelope has been opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, the document will not be accepted by WES.
Well, I do have the documents, but not in an official sealed envelope. I did my graduation almost ten years back, and I am sure it will be a pain to visit my college and ask them to provide an envelope and seal it, lol... How did you guys gone through this step?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FarazM said:
Newbie here, please excuse my ignorance.

So far, I have completed two steps and need help with the third.

1) Determine your eligibility :: done. looks I am eligible.
2) Get your language test(s) done. :: done. have managed to get minimum required scores.
3) Get your qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment. :: I have created an account at WES and made the payment, my next step is to send over the documents, but this is where I am stuck. I am from India and got marksheets, degree for both graduation and PGDM.

On this page, wes.org/ca/eca/requireddocuments/index.asp it says

Well, I do have the documents, but not in an official sealed envelope. I did my graduation almost ten years back, and I am sure it will be a pain to visit my college and ask them to provide an envelope and seal it, lol... How did you guys gone through this step?
It very clearly says "If the envelope has been opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, the document will not be accepted by WES."
Your documents must be in a sealed envelope.

FarazM

Aug 2, 2016
istari said:
It very clearly says "If the envelope has been opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, the document will not be accepted by WES."
Your documents must be in a sealed envelope.
So, I must go to my college (in another city), and ask them to provide me an official envelope ... put my documents in it (which I am carrying with me, because they have already handed these over ten years back), and then sign it or seal it? That doesn't really makes sense. I think what all WES should be interested in, are the document themselves, and not the envelope in which we are sending those. Sounds odd, isn't it?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FarazM said:
So, I must go to my college (in another city), and ask them to provide me an official envelope ... put my documents in it (which I am carrying with me, because they have already handed these over ten years back), and then sign it or seal it? That doesn't really makes sense. I think what all WES should be interested in, are the document themselves, and not the envelope in which we are sending those. Sounds odd, isn't it?
No, not odd at all.
Having the documents in a sealed envelope means that WES can be certain that they are exactly the same as they were when your college issued them.
If the college hands the documents to you, you can alter them, and then send them to WES, and WES would have no way of knowing that you had changed the document so show that you got 100% in all of your classes.
It's to prevent fraud.

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
No, not odd at all.
Having the documents in a sealed envelope means that WES can be certain that they are exactly the same as they were when your college issued them.
If the college hands the documents to you, you can alter them, and then send them to WES, and WES would have no way of knowing that you had changed the document so show that you got 100% in all of your classes.
It's to prevent fraud.
I think Faraz is confusing between Original Marksheets and Degrees with the transcripts needed for ECA. @Faraz, you do not have to send any original documents to WES. Instead, go to your University and get the transcripts in a sealed envelope and send it to WES.

FarazM

Aug 2, 2016
_Aspirant said:
I think Faraz is confusing between Original Marksheets and Degrees with the transcripts needed for ECA. @Faraz, you do not have to send any original documents to WES. Instead, go to your University and get the transcripts in a sealed envelope and send it to WES.
By transcripts, you mean a photocopy of the degree, mark sheets?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FarazM said:
By transcripts, you mean a photocopy of the degree, mark sheets?
WES says:
"An official document issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations (e.g. university, constituent or autonomous college). It lists all subjects/papers taken and marks earned for each year of study."