+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

saran24

Mar 24, 2016
I'm an international student applying through Express entry. My ielts overall score is 7.5, but my individual scores are reading 7.5 listening 8.0 speaking 7.5 with writing 6.0. I'm wondering whether they look into the overall score only or the individual scoring for the language test requirements. Please advice. Because I'm getting only 113/136 in CRS with this individual results. Thanks.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
saran24 said:
I'm an international student applying through Express entry. My ielts overall score is 7.5, but my individual scores are reading 7.5 listening 8.0 speaking 7.5 with writing 6.0. I'm wondering whether they look into the overall score only or the individual scoring for the language test requirements. Please advice. Because I'm getting only 113/136 in CRS with this individual results. Thanks.
It will be individual scores. Check this tool to see how IELTS has a great impact on your CRS score http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

sqid.madoma

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Calgary
Visa Office......
Sydney
AOR Received.
16-11-2021
Hey

I am anxious about my application because when I discussed with the immigration department of the University I am working in she told me that half of the applicants with my job position (postdoctoral researcher) got rejected for express entry as CEC applicant and half got accepted. It only depends on the officer looking at the application (because some think that this is a student status and it is not).

My question is: if the officer consider that I am not eligible, when will I know it ? In other words, when can I consider myself safe about that issue ? After my medicals ? When background goes "in progress"?.
Thanks

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
Hi All,

I have one small query regarding the document verification by WES. Can some one please share how do they send us the result of our degrees and certificates?

Do they send us some doc stating that our degrees have been checked and the same has been verified and cleared? or what ever their result is?

Just one more query:

In express entry, does PNP and express entry mean 2 different profiles? Or does it mean that when we file express entry, our profile itself gets selected for PNP?

I am little confused in b/w these 2 things. Can someone please help me to get the reply to these 2 queries of mine?

Thanks,
Gurmeet Kaur

dilipk29

Mar 3, 2016
Need help in creating EE profile.

I have 1.5 years of canada work experience, I have updated this information in work history. Still my profile is considered under FSW and not under CEC category. Due to this I am losing on canada work expreince points. Through CRS tool I am getting 438 points whereas EE profile CRS points is 360 points.

I was on Work permit processed through ICT. So, I chose Work permit required and no LMIA for the job requirement questions in EE profile work history tab.

Kindly help. How to get points for canada work experience and get profile updated to CEC category.

Thanks in advance,
Dilip

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gurmeet_Kaur23 said:
Hi All,

I have one small query regarding the document verification by WES. Can some one please share how do they send us the result of our degrees and certificates?

Do they send us some doc stating that our degrees have been checked and the same has been verified and cleared? or what ever their result is?
Hello Gurmeet,

I can answer your first query. Please go through the posts in below links:

https://rajtocanada.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/how-to-educational-credential-assessment-from-wes/
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/educational-credential-assessment-eca-from-wes-step-by-step-guide-t394160.0.html;msg5011566#msg5011566

These posts will answer your queries. About other query experts may help you.

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Gurmeet_Kaur23 said:
Hi All,

Do they send us some doc stating that our degrees have been checked and the same has been verified and cleared? or what ever their result is? - You will get an email notification when the evaluation is completed, you can download the report from WES portal. They shall also mail you a physical copy of your report to your address.

Just one more query:

In express entry, does PNP and express entry mean 2 different profiles? Or does it mean that when we file express entry, our profile itself gets selected for PNP?

I am little confused in b/w these 2 things. Can someone please help me to get the reply to these 2 queries of mine? - PNP can be applied through Express Entry as well as through paper-based process. When you are applying through Express Entry, you do not have to create any profile for PNP. In case there is any NOI from any province, you will be notified in your Express Entry account (MyCIC Account). To know more about these two types of PNP process, check the following links.

PNP through Express Entry - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-how-ee.asp
PNP through paper-based process- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-how.asp

Thanks,
Gurmeet Kaur

vananhthai

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
I have decided to learn French to improve my score on EE. Does anybody know what's the best material to prepare for TEF? Is there any good books and resources somewhere that you can recommend? My google search doesn't come up anything useful. Thank you everyone

tyshow

Jun 10, 2015
Hi,

My name is Ola, recently immigrated here to Edmonton Alberta from the Europe without the aid of an immigration consultant. I have started a blog post on the steps you enquired about, feel free to leave me a comment on articles you'd like more information about as I'd be happy to share my experience. The website link is www[dot]leavingforcanada[dot]com

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

keerthiv said:
Hello people,

Need your help/advice/suggestion.

is there a thread in this forum that someone can point me to, that will provide a step-by-step instructions of how to apply for Express Entry process(in order).
If here is no thread of that can, could someone who has in-depth understanding of the process, kindly create one and put it as sticky?

I am bit confused as to what would be the first step in applying for the EE and its corresponding steps.
Though website provide instructions to certain extent, i am not entirely convinced as i understand there is lot more required than what is mentioned on the website.

These instruction will be helpful not just to me but many aspirants who are seeking a lucid understanding of the process.

Thank you all for your time. :)

sachinrsharma

Mar 19, 2016
Hi
Is the copy of FD bond whose maturity is payable to me alone considered as proof of funds? Does it not need to be accompanied by savings bank account statement?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sachinrsharma said:
Hi
Is the copy of FD bond whose maturity is payable to me alone considered as proof of funds? Does it not need to be accompanied by savings bank account statement?
Yes, FD Bond/FD Certificate/FD Receipt can be shown as proof of funds in addition to your bank account statements.

sjpandya

Dec 6, 2014
Hello Seniors,

I had received message from CIC i am ineligible due to expired IELTS test results and currently cleared the IELTS exam. Please respond to below queries

1. Shall i use existing profile or create new profile ? In both cases i need to provide reference to my previous express entry number so wanted to understand as to how creating new profile will help.

2. Will I get additional points if i complete ECA for my spouse ? Can i complete the submission of my profile now and latter on update ECA for my spouse once I receive it ?

Appreciate an early response to my query

newboy06

Feb 22, 2016
It's my second time of asking this question. Pls someone should answer .... can someone with hepatitis b apply for express entry? I need urgent reply pls

Smela

Mar 17, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am on my PGWP and my CRS are 426 with NOC 6311
I have been waiting to ontario pnp since long but haven't received it. Updated my profile a week and a half back, but sadly no help Sad
Can someone please help me? Is it something to do with my NoC? As anyone received ONIP with this noc?

Your replies will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Mela