+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
assilent said:
I am not able to get a proper answer anywhere . I have made a profile on CIC. I have provided all the accurate information and questionnaire said you are eligible for express entry and gave me points as well.
Please refer to this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=855&t=6. It says the following.

To be considered under the Canadian Experience Class:

"You cannot count work experience you gained while enrolled as a full-time student. Your work experience must have been gained while on a valid work permit, such as the Post-Graduation Work Permit.

You must have gained the equivalent amount of experience as someone who worked full-time for at least one year (1,560 hours) in the three years before you submit your Express Entry profile.
"

parondvo

Dec 8, 2015
I am working on a contract in Canada till September 2016. I got a reference letter from my employer in September 2015, which stated 1 year of wok experience and says that I started working September 2014 and my contract is valid until September 2016. It also states my duties and that I am currently working for the company. So I have a question.
1. If I change my job and cancel my contract and move to another job, should I get a new reference letter stating that I was previously employed by the company and I am not working anymore.
2. Do I as well need to provide the new job offer for another company on Express entry.

ay238

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Adding to what stanlee has already said, age gets locked after you get ITA! If your points fall because of a birthday after you get ITA, there is no problem! You can still go ahead and apply!
If I create an EE profile with a score of 440 points on 1st March, and suppose the next draw on 14th march CRS points required are exactly 440, can I expect to immediately get and ITA? Does it take some time to get an ITA, or are ITAs part of the draw?

Kachra

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hey Raj,

If after marriage, I inform CIC about my spouse but in my PR application I state that she will not be accompanying me in canada but later after 2-3 months while my PR is in process, if I send a mail and ask CIC to include my wife in my PR application as well. will that be okay or wil it create issue.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ay238 said:
If I create an EE profile with a score of 440 points on 1st March, and suppose the next draw on 14th march CRS points required are exactly 440, can I expect to immediately get and ITA? Does it take some time to get an ITA, or are ITAs part of the draw?
If your CRS >= the cut-off score selected by IRCC for that draw, you will definitely get an ITA.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Kachra said:
Hey Raj,

If after marriage, I inform CIC about my spouse but in my PR application I state that she will not be accompanying me in canada but later after 2-3 months while my PR is in process, if I send a mail and ask CIC to include my wife in my PR application as well. will that be okay or wil it create issue.
I don't believe you can do that. If you are already married and you declare your spouse as non-accompanying, you will be awarded points in par with a single applicant. So, I don't believe you can make any changes AFTER you submit your PR application. However, you can do this before you submit your PR application and in that case, your points will be re-calculated accordingly.

If you are not currently married, then you will declare yourself single. Once you get married, you can tell CIC that you are married and you want to add your spouse to your application. Again, if you get married before you submit your application and you declare it to CIC, your points will be re-calculated. If you get married after submitting your application and declare it to CIC, there is no problem - your points will not be re-calculated. Please don't ask me what if you get married before submitting the application and declare it to CIC after submitting it - IMO, that's misrepresentation!

bibanton

Aug 10, 2013
Hi Everyone plz hep...
Myself and my wife applied for PR under EE. She is in my home country.My wife took medical on march 23, 2015 and we applied for PR on 3rd April of 2015. But the application is rejected because of incomplete file.I got a new invitation and gave a new PR application on September 5th, 2015. In my online profile it shows medical passed and the review of eligibility review in progress.I am waiting for my passport request.My wife medical is going to expire on march 23rd 2016.I doubt whether will CIC request new medical for my wife..? Plz help...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bibanton said:
Hi Everyone plz hep...
Myself and my wife applied for PR under EE. She is in my home country.My wife took medical on march 23, 2015 and we applied for PR on 3rd April of 2015. But the application is rejected because of incomplete file.I got a new invitation and gave a new PR application on September 5th, 2015. In my online profile it shows medical passed and the review of eligibility review in progress.I am waiting for my passport request.My wife medical is going to expire on march 23rd 2016.I doubt whether will CIC request new medical for my wife..? Plz help...
Both the PA and the dependents must land in Canada before their medicals expire - which is 12 months from the date of the test. After you get your COPR, you will find a field that says "Use before: XX-Mon-YYYY". You must land before this date mentioned on your COPR.

adilkhan31

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
I have a question regarding change of employer. I received OINP PT on 08 Feb 2016 but I am expecting an ITA very soon. However, I will be changing my employer next month by 05 Mar 2016, with the same NOC. Will that have an adverse affect on my OINP PT or ITA if I change my employment history post ITA? Also, how to make this change in my profile when the time comes?

TIA

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
adilkhan31 said:
Hi Guys,
I have a question regarding change of employer. I received OINP PT on 08 Feb 2016 but I am expecting an ITA very soon. However, I will be changing my employer next month by 05 Mar 2016, with the same NOC. Will that have an adverse affect on my OINP PT or ITA if I change my employment history post ITA? Also, how to make this change in my profile when the time comes?

TIA
This will NOT have any effect on your application. You can edit your EE profile and add a fresh entry. That's all!

bibanton

Aug 10, 2013
Hi Everyone plz hep...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bibanton said:
Hi Everyone plz hep...
Please don't post the same questions multiple times. I have already answered this below.

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I need to write a LOE but I don't find any samples of it. How does this have to look like? How do I start it?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
AnnaBG said:
Hi,

I need to write a LOE but I don't find any samples of it. How does this have to look like? How do I start it?
You probably may not find any samples on the net. May be you can use the below points to structure your LOE.

The letter should basically cover the following.
1) State the reason why you cannot get a document, if you have any evidence to support you statement, please mention it and also attach it along with the letter
2) In absence of the document, mention what proactive steps you have taken to prove your point
3) Mention the list of documents which you are submitting, in the absence of the document that has been asked for
4) Request the Case Officer to consider your case in light of your situation and also in terms of the proactive steps taken by you to submit best alternative documentary evidence.