+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
dubarch said:
Thank you everyone for helping me earlier.

You guys are a great help!!!

Another question: My wife is the primary candidate and we got a score of 350:(

If we improve her score to overall 8 will the jump be that much to make it to 400?
I am 7.5 overall, with me doing it again will help, or her score improvement is only required?

Thanks in advance
You can use these calculators to find out the score you can potentially get, try varying the IELTS scores for each (primary applicant and dependent) and see what would best work for you.

1. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
2. https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

TT222

Sep 21, 2015
Thanks a lot Stanlee for your advice, it surely helps.

I am currently preparing for IELTS(targeting 8777) after which I plan to create my EE profile.

Cheers..

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
TT222 said:
Thanks a lot Stanlee for your advice, it surely helps.

I am currently preparing for IELTS(targeting 8777) after which I plan to create my EE profile.

Cheers..
All the best! :)

Polnoch

Feb 8, 2016
My husband is our main applicant, and he is C/C++ system/network programmer and Data scientist.
Today we want to create Express Entry profile. And we don't understand which NOC number we need to choose. 2174? Or 2173?

2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
Computer programmers write, modify, integrate and test computer code for microcomputer and mainframe software applications, data processing applications, operating systems-level software and communications software. Interactive media developers write, modify, integrate and test computer code for Internet applications, computer-based training software, computer games, film, video and other interactive media. They are employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms, and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.

Example Titles

Web programmer
application programmer
business application programmer
computer game developer
computer programmer
e-business (electronic business) software developer
interactive media developer
multimedia developer
operating systems programmer
programmer analyst
scientific programmer
software developer
software programmer
systems programmer

2173 Software engineers and designers
Software engineers and designers research, design, evaluate, integrate and maintain software applications, technical environments, operating systems, embedded software, information warehouses and telecommunications software. They are employed in information technology consulting firms, information technology research and development firms, and information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.

Example Titles

application architect
computer software engineer
embedded software engineer
software architect
software design engineer
software design verification engineer
software designer
software testing engineer
systems integration engineer – software
technical architect – software
telecommunications software engineer

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Hi Guys,

I would like to kindly ask you one thing when it comes to OOPNP.
If I am the principal applicant and my husband is on my application how much money should I pay?? Is it 1500 CAD x 2?? Or just 1500 CAD?

In the instruction it says that the fee is 1500 cad per application. So I am confused and I need you help :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
doro_07 said:
Hi Guys,

I would like to kindly ask you one thing when it comes to OOPNP.
If I am the principal applicant and my husband is on my application how much money should I pay?? Is it 1500 CAD x 2?? Or just 1500 CAD?

In the instruction it says that the fee is 1500 cad per application. So I am confused and I need you help :)
Its 1500 CAD per application, not per applicant. You would be paying only 1500 CAD irrespective of the number of dependents on your application.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Polnoch said:
My husband is our main applicant, and he is C/C++ system/network programmer and Data scientist.
Today we want to create Express Entry profile. And we don't understand which NOC number we need to choose. 2174? Or 2173?

2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
Computer programmers write, modify, integrate and test computer code for microcomputer and mainframe software applications, data processing applications, operating systems-level software and communications software. Interactive media developers write, modify, integrate and test computer code for Internet applications, computer-based training software, computer games, film, video and other interactive media. They are employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms, and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.

Example Titles

Web programmer
application programmer
business application programmer
computer game developer
computer programmer
e-business (electronic business) software developer
interactive media developer
multimedia developer
operating systems programmer
programmer analyst
scientific programmer
software developer
software programmer
systems programmer

2173 Software engineers and designers
Software engineers and designers research, design, evaluate, integrate and maintain software applications, technical environments, operating systems, embedded software, information warehouses and telecommunications software. They are employed in information technology consulting firms, information technology research and development firms, and information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.

Example Titles

application architect
computer software engineer
embedded software engineer
software architect
software design engineer
software design verification engineer
software designer
software testing engineer
systems integration engineer – software
technical architect – software
telecommunications software engineer
Ask him to send all his roles and responsibilities to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca . They'll reply with the most appropriate NOC code!

mark29

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Hi Stanlee.. You mean, we can use more than 1 NOC to EE? In my case, I have worked for 2 jobs for the past 10 years but those jobs are co-related. So, will I get some points from both of my work experience or only from 1 NOC which I'm going to use? Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
mark29 said:
Hi Stanlee.. You mean, we can use more than 1 NOC to EE? - Yes

In my case, I have worked for 2 jobs for the past 10 years but those jobs are co-related. So, will I get some points from both of my work experience or only from 1 NOC which I'm going to use? Thanks - You will get for both, irrespective of the fact that NOCs are related or not. In the OINP Nominee Application Form, you need to mention NOC in which you would like to work in Canada.

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
mvmkr said:
Our EE is almost ready and we would also like to apply to PNP. Is there a way to find the point requirements for each province? And how do we go about applying? Initially we thought Alberta would be a good fit for us, but is it true they no longer accept applications?

Also, is it possible to apply to multiple PNPs and hope that someone will select you?

Please advise.
You will get 600 points for applying via PNP. It is possible but I think it will cost a lot.

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
guys, I just received a letter from Ontario through EE inviting me to apply to PNP. however, I'm not quite sure it I like the idea because they said taking the PNP route can be quite long. here's my question:

1. does the ONPNP has an expiration date? (I wanted to wait for a while until Feb-2016 EE draw)
2. do you think PNP process is much longer than non-PNP? (I would want to settle in Ontario nonetheless since the family is there, just want the faster route)

thanks and warm regards.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
berabad said:
guys, I just received a letter from Ontario through EE inviting me to apply to PNP. however, I'm not quite sure it I like the idea because they said taking the PNP route can be quite long. here's my question:

1. does the ONPNP has an expiration date? (I wanted to wait for a while until Feb-2016 EE draw) - It will expire after 45 days.
2. do you think PNP process is much longer than non-PNP? (I would want to settle in Ontario nonetheless since the family is there, just want the faster route) - Yes, if compared to a direct ITA, PNP will take more time and will cost you more. If your CRS score is 460+ you stand a chance to get a direct invite, otherwise, you will have to take the PNP route or should have a job offer (LMIA approved).

thanks and warm regards.

TT222

Sep 21, 2015
I have a query regarding Proof of Funds.

Can I show FD on joint name (either or survivor) so any one can withdraw the money?

Also is a letter required from bank if i show only FDs as proof of funds?

Thanks in advance..

neeti_hasija

Jan 21, 2016
Hi Forum People,

Need some clarification regarding the documents that are to be send to WES for ECA Process.
1. Transcripts of every semester ( in total 8)

2. In my college , i think its generic for all that there is no transcript for Degree. So for degree , photocopy of it will do or it has to be attested ?

3. In all my college documents , my first name is there but passport and all other professional documents , it is First Name + Last Name.
Change in my name was done long back in 2007 and it was declared in newspaper also.
So to match my name and confirm this authorized change , what process should i follow ?

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016