+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

girbaud16

Jul 18, 2015
Pippin said:
You must declare your legal status in the documentation. If you do not, you face charges of misrepresentation or if you made it to Canada, you would never be able to sponsor your family members as they were not included in your initial application.
Hi! I would like to ask my case. Well, this is the scenario....In my initial application, my legal status is single but eventually I get married while the application is on process. Would it be easy for me to apply PR as well for my spouse?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rj1jr said:
Hi all,

I have a question regarding Proof of Fund.

What all documents are needed for POF other than Bank letter (on their letter head). Please help

Thanks in advance,
RJ
This is what is needed from the bank in terms of POF - a statement printed on their letterhead which includes the bank's contact information and the following details.

1. Applicant’s name and date of the statement

2. Your account number(s)

3. Date(s) on which each account was opened

4. Current balance of each account

5. Average balance in the past six months of each account

If all your POF can be shown using just 1 account, you don't have to declare your other bank accounts whether in this bank or others. CIC isn't asking for full financial history - they are just keen to know you have enough money which is unencumbered.

Banks might calculate average balance differently, doesn't matter how they do. CIC's interest behind asking this question is to ascertain if there is a large difference between 6 month average and the money you have today. If there is a big difference that indicates an unreasonably large credit transaction in the last 6 months which might indicate the presence of borrowed funds. It is your responsibility to reassure CIC about the source of such funds (if any) and conclusively prove that your POF is completely unencumbered.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

jkjk11

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,

Can anyone tell me please that will be there any option while creating EE profile where I can save and edit other data to the profile later on?

For eg. if I have a query regarding any questions in EE profile - so would I be able to save whatever I have already entered in EE profile and complete the remaining part once my queries are clear?

Thanks in advance.

jkjk11

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
This is what is needed from the bank in terms of POF - a statement printed on their letterhead which includes the bank's contact information and the following details.

1. Applicant's name and date of the statement

2. Your account number(s)

3. Date(s) on which each account was opened

4. Current balance of each account

5. Average balance in the past six months of each account

If all your POF can be shown using just 1 account, you don't have to declare your other bank accounts whether in this bank or others. CIC isn't asking for full financial history - they are just keen to know you have enough money which is unencumbered.

Banks might calculate average balance differently, doesn't matter how they do. CIC's interest behind asking this question is to ascertain if there is a large difference between 6 month average and the money you have today. If there is a big difference that indicates an unreasonably large credit transaction in the last 6 months which might indicate the presence of borrowed funds. It is your responsibility to reassure CIC about the source of such funds (if any) and conclusively prove that your POF is completely unencumbered.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

Hi Asivad,

Could you please tell me that is there any time limit for the proof of fund docs?

Meaning - if one gets ITA in September or October but the bank statements (POF docs) are already prepared in August then does CIC accept such documents?

OR it must be done in the same month when a candidate applies for PR?

Thanks in advance. Appreciate your help.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jkjk11 said:
Hi Asivad,

Could you please tell me that is there any time limit for the proof of fund docs?

Meaning - if one gets ITA in September or October but the bank statements (POF docs) are already prepared in August then does CIC accept such documents?

OR it must be done in the same month when a candidate applies for PR?

Thanks in advance. Appreciate your help.
There is no defined time limit but I imagine it will be best if you submit a bank statement that is dated close to your ITA submission timeline.

jkjk11

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can a candidate without any work experience is eligible for express entry program or not?

If yes, then what about NOC code while creating EE profile?

Thanks in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jkjk11 said:
Can a candidate without any work experience is eligible for express entry program or not?

If yes, then what about NOC code while creating EE profile?

Thanks in advance.
Not eligible. You need at least 1 year of work experience in NOC 0/A/B.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
girbaud16 said:
Hi! I would like to ask my case. Well, this is the scenario....In my initial application, my legal status is single but eventually I get married while the application is on process. Would it be easy for me to apply PR as well for my spouse?
You can edit your marital status and add your spouse to your application till you receive your PR decision.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jkjk11 said:
HI,

Can anyone tell me please that will be there any option while creating EE profile where I can save and edit other data to the profile later on?

For eg. if I have a query regarding any questions in EE profile - so would I be able to save whatever I have already entered in EE profile and complete the remaining part once my queries are clear?

Thanks in advance.
You can create your EE profile and not submit it into the pool. That way you can save information and edit it later without being in the EE pool.

Ashdeep

Jul 19, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,
I am looking for some information is there anyone applying under Canadian experience class . I am a registered nurse in Ontario since 1 year. Is there is someone with same issues. I still have to apply I just need some general information.
Thank you all.

rthoguluva

Jul 16, 2015
Question on Primary Applicant

Hi All,
I have a question on P.R
I am in the process of applying for Canadian P.R. I am in I.T (Software Industry) having 9 years of experience and my wife is in Biotechnology research working as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) having 5 years of experience. My IELTS Score is 5.5 and my wife score is 7.5.
My question is,
1. Is it worth waiting to clear my IELTS to get above 6 (Minimum required) and apply on I.T Category or we can go ahead with my wife as Primary applicant (7.5 and biotechnology)

2. Applying through IT category has advantage in term of processing time or it does not matter with Biotech as Primary ?

Awaits response!

sujeetraja

Oct 28, 2014
Hello Experts,

My wife has applied for express entry as a primary applicant in the month of April 2015. HEr current points is 385. Hence we are planning to attempt for ielts to increase the points. A CLB of 9 may take her points to 455. Now i have couple of question assuming that I get ITA if she gets 455 points.

1. We are currently residing in Kuwait. So can i get the medical for my and my wife from Kuwait. I have a daughter of 2.5 years old, hence a medical is not required.

2. Post 18 years my wife has stayed in Coimbatore, chennai, Bangalore and Kannur, Kuwait ( just reached on June 2015). And myelf Bangalore, Kochi, and currently in Kuwait (from Feb 2015). IN that case do i have to get PCC for both of us from Kuwait & India. For Indian PCC i hope i will have to approach the Indian Embassy, if so, how much time does it take to receive the PCC.

Please help us out.

Regards,
Sujeet Raja

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Question on Primary Applicant

rthoguluva said:
Hi All,
I have a question on P.R
I am in the process of applying for Canadian P.R. I am in I.T (Software Industry) having 9 years of experience and my wife is in Biotechnology research working as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) having 5 years of experience. My IELTS Score is 5.5 and my wife score is 7.5.
My question is,
1. Is it worth waiting to clear my IELTS to get above 6 (Minimum required) and apply on I.T Category or we can go ahead with my wife as Primary applicant (7.5 and biotechnology)

With that IELTS, you cannot be the PA because you are ineligible. Your spouse can be the PA.

2. Applying through IT category has advantage in term of processing time or it does not matter with Biotech as Primary ?

The field of specialization makes no difference to processing times in EE. Only CRS points matter.

Awaits response!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sujeetraja said:
Hello Experts,

My wife has applied for express entry as a primary applicant in the month of April 2015. HEr current points is 385. Hence we are planning to attempt for ielts to increase the points. A CLB of 9 may take her points to 455. Now i have couple of question assuming that I get ITA if she gets 455 points.

1. We are currently residing in Kuwait. So can i get the medical for my and my wife from Kuwait. I have a daughter of 2.5 years old, hence a medical is not required.

Yes. But do the Medicals after getting an ITA and close to application submission. Don't do it now - Medicals are valid for only 1 year. Your child will have to undergo Medicals as well.

2. Post 18 years my wife has stayed in Coimbatore, chennai, Bangalore and Kannur, Kuwait ( just reached on June 2015). And myelf Bangalore, Kochi, and currently in Kuwait (from Feb 2015). IN that case do i have to get PCC for both of us from Kuwait & India. For Indian PCC i hope i will have to approach the Indian Embassy, if so, how much time does it take to receive the PCC.

If your wife has ever lived in Kuwait for more than 6 months in a row, she will need a PCC from there. Else only from India. You will need a PCC from both places. Typically, a PCC might take 4-6 weeks.

Check here for Kuwait PCC ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/kuwait.asp

Check here for India PCC ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

Do not be in a hurry to get PCC(s). Apply for PCC when you are close to getting an ITA.
Please help us out.

Regards,
Sujeet Raja

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Helo,

I already have uploaded my credentials in EE profile. And have a single question,

I got my MSc degree (UK) assesed from WES Canada. but i did my BSc from pakistan. Do i need assesment of my bachelors degree as wel? if yes then what i wil benefit from it???