+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Olufemi78

Jan 14, 2016
Please i need help with my personal details history. I have put all my activities within the last ten years which are university and my working experience but it still keeps showing "in progress" and not "completed". Please what else do i have to do? Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Minx said:
Tanaka,
I managed to get the letters from my ex colleague using the animation company as dicussed. And I'm covered with reference letters from all the Fortune 500s as well.

Problem now is 1 of the companies I freelanced with for 3 months in 2009 (I worked with 2 boutique consultancies as a freelance consultant) has closed. The owner was well into his 60s then and that was 8 years ago.

So question - I kept in touch with one of the consultants from there, she'll be happy to provide the reference but I'm not sure what to say in the reference letter from her? Do you have
a draft I can look at please?
I have all the invoices I submitted for the 3 months payment, just no payslips from them. I created an account specifically for this consultancy so Ive written to Google to provide me access to it as Ive forgotten the password. In there Im sure to have much correspondence between the company, myself, clients etc.

Also the work contract they sent me signed by the owner I have it, I just dont have the copy I signed and returned.

Also I see here that CIC doesnt appreciate letters from colleagues: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/employment-reference-letter-cannot-get-one-t317367.0.html;msg4464916#msg4464916

If you can advise what I should write in my colleagues reference letter, Id be very thankful. Also when you say notarise you mean, draft the letter, show the original to commissioner for oaths and then upload that?
Hi, I will answer to the best of my ability.

I do not have a template for a letter from a colleague, but my understanding is it should be the same as a letter coming from an organization, just on plain paper and notarized.

"Also when you say notarize you mean, draft the letter, show the original to commissioner for oaths and then upload that?"

No, they are similar but not the same. Your documents must be verified by someone in a legal office (Notary)

The difference between a Notary and a Commissioner of Oaths is that a Notary is a lawyer or someone working in a legal office, where as Commissioner does not need to have a legal office or any legal training. This is why documents must be notarized.

"Also I see here that CIC doesnt appreciate letters from colleagues"

There is an element of truth in that. CIC states that it wants a letter from the organization, therefore a letter from a colleague is a last resort which needs good justification in the LOE for it to be credible/acceptable.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
chiran_nvt said:
Dear friends,

I have a query about proof of funds. Can I show the property valuation and mortgage letter as a proof of funds ?

Thanks in advance,
Chiran
No they need funds not valuations. So you will need to convert those assets to liquid cash which you will use once you are in Canada.

All the best

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
TanakaM said:
No need for high school credentials. Bachelors and Masters are all you will get points for. Stick to that.
Thanks TanakaM,

So I will leave it alone with only Bachelors and Masters education and no High School in the education section.

Thanks again.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
rkhan15 said:
Thanks TanakaM,

So I will leave it alone with only Bachelors and Masters education and no High School in the education section.

Thanks again.
Correct. Everyone has gone to high school, so no one really cares about it lol. Well at least most people. :D

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Olufemi78 said:
Please i am pepearing my letter of reference and i don't know the address where the letter will be addressed to
I dont think there is a specific address, you can simply address it to:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

To whom it may concern, or Dear Sir/Madam, or Dear Immigration Officer

All the best

Minx

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
TanakaM said:
Hi, I will answer to the best of my ability.

I do not have a template for a letter from a colleague, but my understanding is it should be the same as a letter coming from an organization, just on plain paper and notarized.

"Also when you say notarize you mean, draft the letter, show the original to commissioner for oaths and then upload that?"

No, they are similar but not the same. Your documents must be verified by someone in a legal office (Notary)

The difference between a Notary and a Commissioner of Oaths is that a Notary is a lawyer or someone working in a legal office, where as Commissioner does not need to have a legal office or any legal training. This is why documents must be notarized.

"Also I see here that CIC doesnt appreciate letters from colleagues"

There is an element of truth in that. CIC states that it wants a letter from the organization, therefore a letter from a colleague is a last resort which needs good justification in the LOE for it to be credible/acceptable.

All the best
Got it! I'll have to check w my lawyer to see if he can do it.
Also if I have her letter, all email correspondence, contract, invoices that should strengthen my case given
out of all my jobs, this would be the only one I can't get references for no? Crossing my fingers.

And you always give good feedback so thank you

Olufemi78

Jan 14, 2016
TanakaM said:

All the best
[Thanks. Please when stating my salary on the letter should it be stated in our local currency or CAD?]

geetsingh

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Pertaining to OINP Post NOI Submission.

Few queries pertaining to funds -

Joint account will father will work?
Bank has issued a statement that funds are easily and anytime accessible by Primary applicant(me in this case).

Spouse Account and FD on her name will work?
some document needed that can primary applicant access those funds or not?

EPF & PF Account will work??
both of primary applicant n spouse?

Any faster resolution will be much appreciated.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Olufemi78 said:
TanakaM said:

All the best
[Thanks. Please when stating my salary on the letter should it be stated in our local currency or CAD?]

Use your local currency.

munn@

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hello,

I received an ITA and now on documents submission step and I have couple of questions.

1. Do I just need to submit first and last page of the passport or do I need to submit all the pages?
2. I also have my expired passport and renewed passport, so do I need to submit copies of both passport?
(first and last page of both passports or all the pages of both passport)

Any help would be great, kindly advise

deviim15

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
CanGuy03 said:
Folks, this is a question regarding my ECA which I got done through WES Canada : while my bachelors in engineering was approved to be equivalent to an engineering degree from Canada, my MBA from a very renowned institute in India (one of the Top5 in India) was not recognized mentioning that they do not recognize the institute. I took this with them later for a re-val and they came back without a change in their decision.

Now, my CRS score is very low in the range of 350 due to my age and I see that it will bumped by 40 points if my masters can be recognized. Any advice?

If I should send my masters degree to a different entity to approve, do I then necessarily need to get my bachelors degree also to be approved by this different entity or can I submit my ECA with two degrees (bachelors and masters) assessed by two entities?

Thanks
Hi, What is the name of your institution?

ajplayit

Apr 30, 2015
HI,

I got my ITA and need to get my medical done, however, the authorized medical center requires a UCI to perform a medical check. On the ITA I only have the EE number there is no UCI number. From where can i get this information.

ravs77

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
munn@ said:
Hello,

I received an ITA and now on documents submission step and I have couple of questions.

1. Do I just need to submit first and last page of the passport or do I need to submit all the pages?
2. I also have my expired passport and renewed passport, so do I need to submit copies of both passport?
(first and last page of both passports or all the pages of both passport)

Any help would be great, kindly advise
All pages of all passports, even the blank pages. And check 5 times as I missed my chance because of a missing blank page !!