+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

abid91

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Dec 2015
Nomination.....
29th Sept 2016
AOR Received.
13th Oct 2016
Passport Req..
awaiting
Hey Stanlee,

I have 2 visitor visa rejections in past. Now answering the Statutory Questions in my application, I have been asked

1. Has you been refused refugee status, or an Immigration or permanent resident visa(including quebec) or visitor or temporary resident visa to Canada or any other country?

2. Has you ever been refused visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Now, Do I need to answer both the questions as Yes? both are quite same!

Please help!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
abid91 said:
Hey Stanlee,

I have 2 visitor visa rejections in past. Now answering the Statutory Questions in my application, I have been asked

1. Has you been refused refugee status, or an Immigration or permanent resident visa(including quebec) or visitor or temporary resident visa to Canada or any other country?

2. Has you ever been refused visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Now, Do I need to answer both the questions as Yes? both are quite same!

Please help!
Answer Yes to both. Please note that, since you have answered Yes, you may be asked to submit Schedule A Background Declaration.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Stanlee said:
If you have zero points for foreign experience and some points for Canandian work experience, that means you have been incited under CEC. Check the below extract from CIC site.

Can I be eligible for more than one program under Express Entry?

Yes. Depending on the information in your profile, you may be eligible for more than one program through Express Entry.

In that case, you will be invited to apply for one program based on this order:

- Canadian Experience Class (CEC),
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), then
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP).

For example:
- If you met the criteria for all three programs, the system would send you an invitation to apply for the CEC.
- If you met the criteria for CEC and FSWP, you would also get an invitation to apply under the CEC.
- If you met the criteria for FSWP and FSTP, you would get an invitation to apply under FSWP.
You can’t choose which program you are invited to apply for. The system will sort profiles based on the information you enter.

If you decline the invitation, the system will not re-invite you under the next program. You will go back in the pool, and if we invite you again, the same order will apply.

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?top=29
So this means that, by default if one met criteria under CEC and FSW, CEC will have precedence over FSW all in general overall all other categories that are met in addition to CEC? Am I understanding this correctly?

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salkhan said:
So this means that, by default if one met criteria under CEC and FSW, CEC will have precedence over FSW all in general overall all other categories that are met in addition to CEC? Am I understanding this correctly?
Yes, that is precedence order defined by CIC

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
salkhan said:
Correct

krupashah16

Oct 20, 2014
Stanlee said:
As per what is listed on the site, please see timelines below
COPR - 6 months (average)
PR Card - 41 days (average)
Thank you for sharing this information
The only dilemma is i have to appear for an examination in Feb and if the PPR comes near by those months of jan and feb i wouldnt be able to appear for the same...
So after PPR any idea how long it takes for the passport stamping and return...??

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
krupashah16 said:
Thank you for sharing this information
The only dilemma is i have to appear for an examination in Feb and if the PPR comes near by those months of jan and feb i wouldnt be able to appear for the same...
So after PPR any idea how long it takes for the passport stamping and return...??
It depends on the visa office. It ranges from a week to three weeks.

Sunny Canada

Feb 9, 2016
Hello Everyone,

My status on background check was "In Progress" since Aug 12th and changed to "Not needed at this time" on Sep 2nd and there is no update after that.

Did this happened to anybody else?

Category........: PNP
Visa Office......: Ottawa
Pre-Assessed..: Yes
App. Filed.......: 27-07-2016
AOR Received.: 27-07-2016

abid91

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Dec 2015
Nomination.....
29th Sept 2016
AOR Received.
13th Oct 2016
Passport Req..
awaiting
Stanlee said:
Answer Yes to both. Please note that, since you have answered Yes, you may be asked to submit Schedule A Background Declaration.
Hi Stanlee,

I have submitted my application and CIC din't ask me any IMM form or Background declaration form. Is this something they will ask later while processing my application. As there there was no row to upload any additional doc. Although I have explained the case in my LOE.

Thanks You.

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
My updated timeline :

ITA - August 10th, 2016
AOR - August 24th, 2016
Medicals Passed
Review of Eligibility in progress
BG - in progress
RCMP Requested - Oct 03, 2016
RCMP Submitted - Oct 13, 2016
Additional Documents Required - Provided
BG check - In progress

Let's see what happens next...Hope I get PPR soon...

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
abid91 said:
Hi Stanlee,

I have submitted my application and CIC din't ask me any IMM form or Background declaration form. Is this something they will ask later while processing my application. As there there was no row to upload any additional doc. Although I have explained the case in my LOE.

Thanks You.
Yes, it has been observed that for the applicants who answer YES to Statutory Questions are asked to submit this form later. They would be asked for it by CIC, in case they need one.

Pinkhead

Aug 21, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Okay, what you are telling is that your consultant has submitted your EE profile. EE profile can be submitted anytime, 24X7. However, to receive an ITA, there has to be a draw. You have to get yourself accustomed to the system a little bit. Please go through the resource below.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4915358#msg4915358
Hi again,

I checked with him and was told that the draws have consistently taken place every two wednesdays. The latest draw result is 484 but has not yet been published.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Pinkhead said:
Hi again,

I checked with him and was told that the draws have consistently taken place every two wednesdays. The latest draw result is 484 but has not yet been published.
There was a draw the day before yesterday.

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #44 – October 12, 2016

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (October 12, 2016).

Ottawa, October 12, 2016

John McCallum
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence Under the Express Entry System (October 12, 2016)
Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on October 12, 2016 and ending on October 13, 2016 is 1,518.
Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on October 12, 2016 at 12:18:33 UTC, have been assigned a total of 484 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp?expand=mi-pr-express#mi-pr-express

The draw was there and the details of the draw were published.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
kamy said:
Yes, that is precedence order defined by CIC
Thank you Kamy and Stanlee. I appreciate your help :)

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Do I need to get police clearance from Canada, if I am applying for PR from within Canada.

I have been living in Canada for past 3 years, completed MASc and then have been working since past 1 year. I have initiated process to get updated police clearance from back home. Do I need to get one for my time in Canada too ?

As per CIC website, it says no but I know a friend from my school who recently submitted an APR, under a different category but he is has been living in Canada for some time too. He told me that he was asked for Canadian police clearance.