+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

re_ionut

Apr 22, 2016
CRS tool points

Hello all,
Please help me with the CRS-tool aspect, the problem is that CRS gives me not many points. I want to immigrate in Canada with my wife and my child.
First I want to mention that a I have maximum points for foreign work experience and for language (IELTS test), also I have ECA and IELTS for my wife.
My answers in CRS-tool are:
1) What is your marital status? MARRIED
2) i. Is your spouse/common-law partner a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada? NO
2) ii. Is your spouse/common-law partner coming with you? YES
3) Please select the age you were on the date that your Invitation to Apply (ITA) was sent to you. 32
4) What is the highest level of education for which you have obtained a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate; or an Educational Credential Assessment? BACHELORS DEGREE
5) Official languages: Canada's official languages are English and French.
i. Which language test did you take for your first official language? IELTS
Speaking 7.5: Listening 8.5: Reading7.5: Writing8.5:
ii. Which language test did you take for your second official language? N/A
6) Work Experience
i. How many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have? NONE OR LESS THAN A YEAR
ii. How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have? 3 YEARS OR MORE
7) Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian Province or Territory? (Skilled trade occupations) NO.
8) Do you have a valid job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment? NO
9) Do you have a letter of nomination from a Province or Territory? NO
10) What is the highest level of education for which your spouse/common-law partner's has earned
a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate; oran Educational Credential Assessment? TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES, DIPLOMAS OR DEGREE
11) How many years of skilled work experience in Canada does your spouse/common-law partner has? NONE OR LESS THAN A YEAR
12) i) Which test did your spouse/common-law partner take? IELTS
Please enter the test results for each competency:
Speaking 7.0: Listening 7.0: Reading 7.0: Writing 7.0:

QUESTIONS
Why the CRS Tool gives me only 427 points? If it is correct, what are the chances to have a good end?
How it'is possible to go up in the ranking, after you are already in the pool?
What should I do the get more points?

In the 2015 Express Entry report, says that people with more than 450 points were gotted an ITA.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Hi Raj,

My WES also has similar issue of spelling mistake common in India. My sir name is Agrawal.

My masters degree has the same spelling as Agrawal

My bachelor degree has the small change - instead of Agrawal, it is Agarwal, while marksheet has Agrawal.

All my IDs - passport, addhar, PAN, 10th, 12th etc. have the same spelling as Agrawal.

In India, there are multiple spellings used for the family name, as they think in Hindi and write in english. Also, it becomes a habit issue. I have not faced the problem any where in India. In India, the multiple spellings are Agrawal, Agarwal, Aggarwal, Aggarwala, Aggrawal, Agrawala, Agarwala and other combination.

In WES, i have used both the spellings "Agrawal" as main and "Agarwal" as also known as. The status in WES is that evluation is in progress.

What is your opinion in my case?

Thank you,
Pawshi.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Re: CRS tool points

re_ionut said:
Hello all,
Please help me with the CRS-tool aspect, the problem is that CRS gives me not many points. I want to immigrate in Canada with my wife and my child.
First I want to mention that a I have maximum points for foreign work experience and for language (IELTS test), also I have ECA and IELTS for my wife.
My answers in CRS-tool are:
2) i. Is your spouse/common-law partner a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada? NO
3) Please select the age you were on the date that your Invitation to Apply (ITA) was sent to you. 32
4) What is the highest level of education for which you have obtained a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate; or an Educational Credential Assessment? BACHELORS DEGREE
Speaking 7.5: Listening 8.5: Reading7.5: Writing8.5:
6) Work Experience
i. How many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have? NONE OR LESS THAN A YEAR
ii. How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have? 3 YEARS OR MORE
7) Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian Province or Territory? (Skilled trade occupations) NO.
8) Do you have a valid job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment? NO
10) What is the highest level of education for which your spouse/common-law partner's has earned
a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate; oran Educational Credential Assessment? TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES, DIPLOMAS OR DEGREE
11) How many years of skilled work experience in Canada does your spouse/common-law partner has? NONE OR LESS THAN A YEAR

QUESTIONS
Why the CRS Tool gives me only 427 points? If it is correct, what are the chances to have a good end?
How it'is possible to go up in the ranking, after you are already in the pool?
What should I do the get more points?

In the 2015 Express Entry report, says that people with more than 450 points were gotted an ITA.
Based on the information that you have provided the CRS score in the calculator is coming to 424. Your IELTS score as the primary applicant is very good, but you are losing points for education. In case you have 'two or more degrees..', your score would be 456 and if you have a Masters, you will get 463 (good enough for ITA).

I noticed that your wife has an ECA equivalent of 'two or more degrees..' In that case, why don't you make your wife the primary applicant and she can retake IELTS to improve her scores (target scores similar to yours). Assuming that she also has 3 years of experience, you could get a score of 456. This is the quickest way of improving your CRS score.

re_ionut

Apr 22, 2016
Re: CRS tool points

Stanlee said:
Based on the information that you have provided the CRS score in the calculator is coming to 424. Your IELTS score as the primary applicant is very good, but you are losing points for education. In case you have 'two or more degrees..', your score would be 456 and if you have a Masters, you will get 463 (good enough for ITA).

I noticed that your wife has an ECA equivalent of 'two or more degrees..' In that case, why don't you make your wife the primary applicant and she can retake IELTS to improve her scores (target scores similar to yours). Assuming that she also has 3 years of experience, you could get a score of 456. This is the quickest way of improving your CRS score.
Thanks Stanlee.
My idea was the following: My wife works at an international company who has offices also in Canada-Ontario. Once we have the visa, she has the opportunity to transfer in Canada, but is not sure about that, that means she can't say nothing before arrive the visa. That's why I was principal applicant.
Now I'm asking, if my wife is the principal applicant and she is in the Job Bank, is it possible to have an ITA without a job? Or how to do it?
For me, as a man, is more simple to find a job, in my opinion, of course. She has a great job, that's why we want to try like this.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
re_ionut said:
Thanks Stanlee.
My idea was the following: My wife works at an international company who has offices also in Canada-Ontario. Once we have the visa, she has the opportunity to transfer in Canada, but is not sure about that, that means she can't say nothing before arrive the visa. That's why I was principal applicant.
Now I'm asking, if my wife is the principal applicant and she is in the Job Bank, is it possible to have an ITA without a job? Or how to do it?
For me, as a man, is more simple to find a job, in my opinion, of course. She has a great job, that's why we want to try like this.
Job bank is only a formality. That's all it is. As long as your wife satisfies the eligibility criteria, she can very well be the primary applicant. Once you are a PR, you can search for jobs and she can immediately get a transfer to the office in Canada.

re_ionut

Apr 22, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Job bank is only a formality. That's all it is. As long as your wife satisfies the eligibility criteria, she can very well be the primary applicant. Once you are a PR, you can search for jobs and she can immediately get a transfer to the office in Canada.
Thank you for the answer and for promptitude, rajkamalmohanram!
I will put my wife as a principal applicant.

Apr 26, 2016
Hi all,

I am new to the process and would like to apply for the Canada PR. I have checked all the links and could not find the uploading of the certificates and the initial form which I have to fill. kindly assist.

Sujeeth

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sujeeth.p@gmail.com said:
Hi all,

I am new to the process and would like to apply for the Canada PR. I have checked all the links and could not find the uploading of the certificates and the initial form which I have to fill. kindly assist.

Sujeeth
Check this post --- >

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4915358#msg4915358

and this --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg4108507#msg4108507

First you need to check if you are eligible. Second, you need to calculate your CRS. Thirdly, you need to take language tests (IELTS/CELPIP/TEF) and get your ECA done (if your education credentials are from a foreign institution).

Once you are done with the above steps, only then you can create your EE profile. Please follow the links given above to understand the system. Feel free to post any questions that you might have!

Welcome to the forum - Good luck and all the very best! :)

Nuwan123

Apr 27, 2016
HI Seniors,

I'm a new one for all CANADIAN migration process and went through this forum as much as i could. We decided to apply my wife as the main applicant since she has two degrees(Bachelor of Arts & LLB ). As per the CIC web site we are eligible to apply. but when add our details in to the CRS tool as follows, it gives only 372.Could you please help me to understand the ways which we can increase our markes as least up to cut off mark in 2016 .

3) Please select the age you were on the date that your Invitation to Apply (ITA) was sent to you. 36
4) What is the highest level of education for which you have obtained a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate; or an Educational Credential Assessment? TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES, DIPLOMAS OR DEGREE
Speaking 7: Listening 7: Reading7: Writing 7:
6) Work Experience
Do you have a valid job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment? NO
a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate; oran Educational Credential Assessment? BACHELORS DEGREE

sri0114

Apr 26, 2016
Hi There,

Am new to this forum and going to start Canada visa process. i struck at one point which needs to be decided.
Actually am a married person, can i apply PR for me alone by stating that am married and getting the spouse PR later(this is only to get more points)?

I mean to say that i will not mention myself as single. But i want apply for Immigration as a single, is it not possible?
will this effect my spouse PR?

Please help me!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nuwan123 said:
HI Seniors,

I'm a new one for all CANADIAN migration process and went through this forum as much as i could. We decided to apply my wife as the main applicant since she has two degrees(Bachelor of Arts & LLB ). As per the CIC web site we are eligible to apply. but when add our details in to the CRS tool as follows, it gives only 372.Could you please help me to understand the ways which we can increase our markes as least up to cut off mark in 2016 .

3) Please select the age you were on the date that your Invitation to Apply (ITA) was sent to you. 36
4) What is the highest level of education for which you have obtained a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate; or an Educational Credential Assessment? TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES, DIPLOMAS OR DEGREE
Speaking 7: Listening 7: Reading7: Writing 7:
6) Work Experience
Do you have a valid job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment? NO
a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate; oran Educational Credential Assessment? BACHELORS DEGREE
Age and the IELTS scores are dragging down your points. While there is nothing that you can do about your age, you can definitely improve your IELTS scores (the PA's score). Getting a CLB-9 (8777 LRWS) will boost your CRS significantly.

solidgiddy

Apr 27, 2016
HELLO FRIENDS,
AM SOMEHOW CONFUSED, PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP.
AFTER FILLING THE FREE ASSESSMENT FORM ONLINE, I RECEIVED A MAIL FROM VIJAYJESHANG CONFIRMING HIMSELF AS A LICENSED CANAADIAN LAYWER SAYING AM ELIGIBLE UNDER THE FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER BUT I WAS THINKING I SHOULDRECEIVE A MAIL FROM Immigration.ca.
IS THE LAWYER TO REPLY ME OR THE Immigration.ca itself.

PLEASE GUYS PUT ME THROUGH.
TRUST YOU.
THANX
:)

Nuwan123

Apr 27, 2016
Thankz rajkamalmohanram for your support. Appreciate very much it.
just i put highest IELTS markes for CRS tool. Still it comes 440 points. i think we won't be able to get ITA.

solidgiddy

Apr 27, 2016
HI GUYS,
PLEASE , HOW DOES SOMONE CREATE A FREE ONLINE EXPRESS ENTRY PROFILE.
WILL THE LINK COME ONLY WHEN YOU ARE ELIGIBLE.

THANX.