+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

saran24

Mar 24, 2016
Stanlee said:
It will be individual scores. Check this tool to see how IELTS has a great impact on your CRS score
Thank you for your help. Is there any NEW extra points for international students applying under CEC for EE? Or any new updates/ policy change for EE for people already in Canada?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
saran24 said:
Thank you for your help. Is there any NEW extra points for international students applying under CEC for EE? Or any new updates/ policy change for EE for people already in Canada?
As far as I know, no changes have been published yet.

tyshow

Jun 10, 2015
How to calculate points for foreign work experience and english langage grades

Hello everyone,

I have just finished writing an informative blog post which will tell you how many points you are expected to earn for having eligible foreign work experience and English language grades attained at IELTS before submitting your express entry profile.

You can access my site at www[dot]leavingforcanada[dot]com

Kindly leave me a comment, or subscribe to my blog to be notified when new posts are available. I intend to write about 2 posts weekly and trust me, will comb all the grey areas you folks have about this immigration process. Have a great week all of you, greetings from Edmonton, Alberta :)

STARBELLA

Mar 29, 2016
Hi,
I have done B.com and have work experience of 3 years as Assistant Marketing Manager+ Manager Marketing. But I am confused regarding which NOC to select. Should I apply for NOC 1123 or 0124 ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
STARBELLA said:
Hi,
I have done B.com and have work experience of 3 years as Assistant Marketing Manager+ Manager Marketing. But I am confused regarding which NOC to select. Should I apply for NOC 1123 or 0124 ?
Send your roles and responsibilities along with your designation to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca and they will get back with the most appropriate NOC.

STARBELLA

Mar 29, 2016
Thanks for being a great help!

I have few more queries ;)

1. My husband has done his graduation through correspondence. Is that considered as Full time study or part time.

2. I did Post graduation diploma in computer applications (1 year) and I've also got the ECA done for it from WES. It shows Canadian Equivalency as Completion of second undergraduate major.
Now, while filling out the Education History form in MyCIC account it asks me to select Level of education shown on ECA report. Which option should I select from below:

a) None or less than secondary high school.
b) Secondary diploma (high school graduation).
c) One year program at a university
d) Two year program at a university
e)Bachelor's degree

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
STARBELLA said:
Thanks for being a great help!

I have few more queries ;)

1. My husband has done his graduation through correspondence. Is that considered as Full time study or part time.

I believe that this would be considered part-time study.

2. I did Post graduation diploma in computer applications (1 year) and I've also got the ECA done for it from WES. It shows Canadian Equivalency as Completion of second undergraduate major.
Now, while filling out the Education History form in MyCIC account it asks me to select Level of education shown on ECA report. Which option should I select from below:

a) None or less than secondary high school.
b) Secondary diploma (high school graduation).
c) One year program at a university
d) Two year program at a university
e)Bachelor's degree

Check the below link to find out what you need to choose -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Hi Guys,

I need your brilliant help again.

So we are running out of time, our work permits end in 2 days. We are not residents, do not have any family in Canada, no PNP, no job offer. We are not eligible to apply for another work permit so I assume we have to become turists. So my question is how do we do that? apply online? or go to the border? And if we apply online and we wait for the answear, we have an implied status but which one? as a turist or as a worker till the decision is made? Please help, I am desperate :(

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
doro_07 said:
Hi Guys,

I need your brilliant help again.

So we are running out of time, our work permits end in 2 days. We are not residents, do not have any family in Canada, no PNP, no job offer. We are not eligible to apply for another work permit so I assume we have to become turists. So my question is how do we do that? apply online? or go to the border? And if we apply online and we wait for the answear, we have an implied status but which one? as a turist or as a worker till the decision is made? Please help, I am desperate :(

Applying for a tourist visa should be done in your country of origin (or other country of residence outside Canada). This is because Tourist visas are TEMPORARY and they usually require you to return home after the trip. I highly doubt that Canadian authorities will allow you to get a tourist visa while still inside Canada. Since you cannot extend/renew your work permit, if it expires while you are still in Canada, you will be in the country illegally, you will not have "implied worker status".

On this note, I strongly suggest that you leave Canada, on or before the expiry date of your work permit, go to your home country and apply for the tourist visa from there. Once approved, you can return to Canada as a tourist and stay within the allowable limits of the tourist visa you obtained; (while you wait for your PR application to be processed).

Hope this helps

STARBELLA

Mar 29, 2016
Hi..I have gone through the link but still I was not able to select the appropriate option as I am not clear on what Canadian Equivalency (by WES) as Completion of second undergraduate major means :(

Vaidyy

Aug 5, 2015
Hi Experts,

I have submitted my express entry profile yesterday. And I got message to register for job bank.
But when I try to registered I used - https://seeker.jobbank.gc.ca
An tried to register for New job match, while filling SIN number I get error stating like below.

Please help if somebody have encountered this kind of issue.

"
The form could not be submitted because 1 error was found:

Error: You may have incorrectly entered information into one of the fields below. Please verify that this information is accurate. If your problem persists, please call us toll-free at
1-866-279-5238 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., local time, Monday to Friday, except civic holidays. If you have a Canadian Social Insurance Number and are calling from outside Canada, please call 1-506-548-7009 (long distance charges apply), from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (Atlantic time).
"
If I call the number it is service canada and they confirm the details only in person. So planning to visit Service canada tomorrow. However I have a valid SIN and same is mentioned in last year returns too:( :(

neeti_hasija

Jan 21, 2016
IELTS result declared today morning and missed CLB 9 by 0.5 marks in writing.
I followed the IDP practise teste for all 4 sections This half mark makes a huge difference from 402 to 460 in CRS
L -9
R- 8
S- 8
W- 6.5

I took exam from IDP , New delhi . Please suggest to re-evaluate or take the exam again from British Council at some other place like Chandigarh /Jaipur/Punjab.

honeyarya

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Neeti,

Now a days marking is very tough for IElTS, revaluation wont result in revision as hardly any increase in marks.

You should go for re test and try to give the test at chandigarh or Punjab as number of students is very high there and marking is not that strict.

Best of luck

PurpleStar

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
neeti_hasija said:
IELTS result declared today morning and missed CLB 9 by 0.5 marks in writing.
I followed the IDP practise teste for all 4 sections This half mark makes a huge difference from 402 to 460 in CRS
L -9
R- 8
S- 8
W- 6.5

I took exam from IDP , New delhi . Please suggest to re-evaluate or take the exam again from British Council at some other place like Chandigarh /Jaipur/Punjab.
As you had high marks in LRW, I think you have a good chance if you apply for remarking. I had similar results, took a chance and applied for remarking as I didn't want to undergo the whole process again, and W was remarked to 7 from 6.5. IDP as well. Good luck!