+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Mani72

Jan 6, 2016
Hello Friends,

I am little confused about the WES fee that I need to pay. As I am applying for Canadian immigration (PR), I was told by the consultant, the fees to get your education assessment done would be $322 but on the website it states it is just $150.

Please let me know what should be the correct fee to get my education assessment done for immigration.

Thank you in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Mani72 said:
Hello Friends,

I am little confused about the WES fee that I need to pay. As I am applying for Canadian immigration (PR), I was told by the consultant, the fees to get your education assessment done would be $322 but on the website it states it is just $150.

Please let me know what should be the correct fee to get my education assessment done for immigration.

Thank you in advance.
It comes close to 322 CAD. Your consultant is right (I'm surprised :eek:). Check this post out, you'll get an idea -

https://rajtocanada.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/how-to-educational-credential-assessment-from-wes/

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Mani72 said:
Thank you Raj for quick reply, but when I am going to WES website. It says for immigration purpose you need to apply for Document by Document evaluation and when I complete all the formalities it gives me the below mentioned total. So am I making mistake somewhere. Please suugest.

Order Summary:
Educational Credential Assessment Package $200.00
Delivery Option: Standard Delivery $7.00
Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) 13%: $26.91
______
Total Cost: $233.91
You are choosing standard delivery. If you are in the US or Canada, then it is okay. Standard delivery is NOT recommended if you are not in the US or Canada. I suggest you to go with International Courier option.

Mani72

Jan 6, 2016
Mani72 said:
Hello Friends,

Thank you in advance.

Mani72

Jan 6, 2016
apologies for that..I am doing it for the first time.so not sure how it works.

Could you plz send me the link where i need to get my education assessment done for immigration purpose.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Mani72 said:
apologies for that..I am doing it for the first time.so not sure how it works.

Could you plz send me the link where i need to get my education assessment done for immigration purpose.
No problem :) .

Here's all you need to know -

https://rajtocanada.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/how-to-educational-credential-assessment-from-wes/

Mani72

Jan 6, 2016
Hi Raj,

I followed the same steps and it is giving me a total amount of $233.91, am I doing something wrong.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Mani72 said:
Hi Raj,

I followed the same steps and it is giving me a total amount of $233.91, am I doing something wrong.
Like I have already said, you guys are choosing "Standard delivery". This is my fee break-up.

June XX, 2015 International Express 1 $85.00 $85.00
June XX, 2015 Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Package 1 $200.00 $200.00
June XX, 2015 Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) 1 $37.05 $37.05
Total Amount $322.05
Payment $322.05
Balance Due $0.00

If you guys choose International Express (which is recommended if you do not live in US/Canada), then it comes to CAD 322.05.

Mani72

Jan 6, 2016
Thank you Sir..it was the delivery charges that was creating the difference :D.

I have few more questions as different consultants are giving different views about the PR process. Below are some of the questions that need some clarification:

1. I have my maternal aunt who is a Canadian citizen, does that help me in any way?

2. I have 9 years of total experience in a BPO (Call centre) dealing with U.S clients and I have been a Team Lead for like more than 4 years now, would that come under the category of a skilled worker?

3. My current ielts score is 7.5 listening, 8 Reading, 7 writing, 7 Speaking, but my consultant has asked me to redo ielts as I need to score 8 in listening and 7 in writing,speaking,reading to enhance my overall score for PR?

4. I have done my B.com Graduation through correspondence from Panjab university, does that have an impact on my immigration process?

Please suggest...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Mani72 said:
Thank you Sir..it was the delivery charges that was creating the difference :D.

I have few more questions as different consultants are giving different views about the PR process. Below are some of the questions that need some clarification:

1. I have my maternal aunt who is a Canadian citizen, does that help me in any way?

It does help you in the 67 point eligibility (FSW grid) but does NOT give you any CRS points.

2. I have 9 years of total experience in a BPO (Call centre) dealing with U.S clients and I have been a Team Lead for like more than 4 years now, would that come under the category of a skilled worker?

Designation alone is not sufficient to decide that. What matters is your roles and responsibilities. You can find your NOC here -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Your NOC must fall under category 0/A or B for you to be eligible.

3. My current ielts score is 7.5 listening, 8 Reading, 7 writing, 7 Speaking, but my consultant has asked me to redo ielts as I need to score 8 in listening and 7 in writing,speaking,reading to enhance my overall score for PR?

He is right. Getting a CLB-9 (LRWS 8777) will improve your CRS dramatically.

4. I have done my B.com Graduation through correspondence from Panjab university, does that have an impact on my immigration process?

You have to check this with an ECA issuing organization (WES for instance), using its preliminary assessment tool.

Please suggest...

Mani72

Jan 6, 2016
Thank you for your valuable advice.

One quick question, would you advice me going through a consultant or can I do this on my own without making any mistakes.

I had also applied for Australian immigration wherein I was assessed by Vetasses and I got positive result for my educational qualification but negative result for my professional experience, can my educational result by vetasses used for canadian immigration.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Mani72 said:
Thank you for your valuable advice.

One quick question, would you advice me going through a consultant or can I do this on my own without making any mistakes.

I had also applied for Australian immigration wherein I was assessed by Vetasses and I got positive result for my educational qualification but negative result for my professional experience, can my educational result by vetasses used for canadian immigration.
1) You can do this yourself. You do NOT need to hire a consultant (unless you have a very complicated case {like previous deportations, multiple refusals, criminal history etc,.})
2) The following are the organizations that are authorized to do an ECA for the purpose of Canada immigration and Vetasses is not among them -

Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
World Education Services
International Qualifications Assessment Service
International Credential Evaluation Service
Medical Council of Canada (professional body for Doctors)
Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (professional body for Pharmacists)

Here's the link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

pspandya

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Hello guys,
We need an urgent help here. Today we (me and my spouse) received an email that the job bank account will soon be deactivated. So we logged in but it's directly shows 'update ur EE profile'. What has this happened?? What to update??? And when I filled in the details that I received while creating and EE PROFILE in job bank account , it doesn't accept it. My BG is in progress and I want to avoid any potential threat that can affect the application. Please help anyone!
Thanks!

zubinmatie

Sep 11, 2015
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys
Needed your opinion

I cleared by IELTS with L8;R7;W7.5 and S7.0 and now got my ECA in hand which says Masters.

I have applied for ECA of wife( she has done graduation) and awaiting for her passport(already in dispatch) for booking IELTS.

In the meanwhile please advise if I should create my Profile and see if Ontario picks me or wait for wife's ECA to be done and IELTS Score.