+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Question

engrid

May 16, 2015
Hi,

I have completed the Express Entry application and according to the evaluation I got 357 points. I got the points from:
-Bachelor Degree in Computer Science (evaluated also from WES as bachelor degree),
-relatively good IETLS results (L:8.5,W:7.5,R:7.5,S:6.5),
-good work experience in Class A skilled work (NOC:2171,2172,2173-ie Business Inteligenece &Datawarehouse, IT consulting etc)

The latest withdrawal for Express Entry was with minimum of 470 point and until now in all withdrawals it has never fallen under 450 points.
According to my evaluation with the same criteria that I have, with the previous Canadian application (before January 2014) I could get around 72 points and this means that I would be eligible to be selected under the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

As mentioned also in the report most of the applicants that have been selected until now were the ones with a valid job offer in Canada. But with what I have seen it is quite difficult to get such an offer.

Can anyone provide some feedback if with the amount of points that I have and the criteria mentioned above, do I have any chances to get selected from the Express Entry program??

Thank you in advance for your time.

Regards.

jorgecmb

Jul 22, 2015
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
SPVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-08-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2016
According to what we have seen in these 14 rounds of invitation, I don't think that 357 is enough for an ITA at least this year. But it's impossible to predict how CIC is planning the next year. I would advise you to enter the pool and try to increase your score.

Kitua85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
engrid said:
Hi,

I have completed the Express Entry application and according to the evaluation I got 357 points. I got the points from:
-Bachelor Degree in Computer Science (evaluated also from WES as bachelor degree),
-relatively good IETLS results (L:8.5,W:7.5,R:7.5,S:6.5),
-good work experience in Class A skilled work (NOC:2171,2172,2173-ie Business Inteligenece &Datawarehouse, IT consulting etc)

The latest withdrawal for Express Entry was with minimum of 470 point and until now in all withdrawals it has never fallen under 450 points.
According to my evaluation with the same criteria that I have, with the previous Canadian application (before January 2014) I could get around 72 points and this means that I would be eligible to be selected under the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

As mentioned also in the report most of the applicants that have been selected until now were the ones with a valid job offer in Canada. But with what I have seen it is quite difficult to get such an offer.

Can anyone provide some feedback if with the amount of points that I have and the criteria mentioned above, do I have any chances to get selected from the Express Entry program??

Thank you in advance for your time.

Regards.
You will have a better chance retaking your IELTS test and improving your overall score
then applying for a provincial nomination
I hope this helps

brownboy2016

Aug 25, 2015
Could you please share your comments to clear my confusion as I worked in one of IT firm with my desgination as System Engineer and my responsibilities were
--Write, modify, integrate and test software code
--Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
--Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
--Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
--Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements
--Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications
--May lead and co-ordinate teams of computer programmers
--May research and evaluate a variety of software products.

I was completely involved in software development part

Currently , I joined new company with software developer desgination having same above responsibilities.

Please advise me in which NOC i should apply for canada immgration

I appreciate your comments