+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry -- Profile Ineligible

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok but then why would I get the following rejection ?

Federal Skilled Worker Not Met
Provincial Nominee Program Not Met
Canadian Experience Class Not Met
Federal Skilled Trades Not Met

Im desperate to understand why I don't fall into any of the above category because every website I read says Im a NOC B and I have a lot of experience in the NOC B 5225 domain, I should be eligible in theory. Where can the issue come from please ?
What is your score under the six selection factors of the FSW program? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

You must have at least 67 out of 100 points.

EddyC

Oct 11, 2017
What is your score under the six selection factors of the FSW program? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

You must have at least 67 out of 100 points.
From what I understand I should:

Language : I should get 22 or 24 points (IELTS + TEF both very high scores)
experience : 6+ years so 15 points
employment: 0 but could get 10 with job offer
adaptability: 0 but could get 5 with job offer

Education: I have a 3 year academic years BA with WES equivalence of 4 years post graduate Canadian studies but I see on the link that :

"Degree program must be in one of these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy."
my degree is in recording Arts so do I still qualify for 22 points ?

so that should give me 70 points (not counting potential employment ) if my degree is valid ?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
not related to the noc. try again, put english as a main language etc....
Ok but then why would I get the following rejection ?

Federal Skilled Worker Not Met
Provincial Nominee Program Not Met
Canadian Experience Class Not Met
Federal Skilled Trades Not Met

Im desperate to understand why I don't fall into any of the above category because every website I read says Im a NOC B and I have a lot of experience in the NOC B 5225 domain, I should be eligible in theory. Where can the issue come from please ?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
"Degree program must be in one of these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy."
where are you getting these info from?
are you checking this page? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
I think you're not understanding the entire process to begin with. convert your TEF results to CLB
your diploma is valid. The note is only under one of the points which is for professional degree which is not your case.

EddyC

Oct 11, 2017
where are you getting these info from?
are you checking this page? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
I think you're not understanding the entire process to begin with. convert your TEF results to CLB
your diploma is valid. The note is only under one of the points which is for professional degree which is not your case.
Yes I got it from this page; that was not clear to me but I assumed I was wrong and I wanted confirmation. thanks for clearing that up.

If I understand well my BA should therefore give me 22 points. I made the CLB conversion; Im 8 or 9 in both tests so no worries there. So according to my previous message I should have well over 67 points and got rejected... Still not sure why

Do you think there could be some kind of issue there :
- In Education History, the "field of study" of my BA is set to "other"
- in Work Experience, my primary occupation is set to 5225
- in Work history, I have my main 12 years experience set as 5225 but "self-employed work" and with 40 hours per week also ticked as "current Job"

Im thinking maybe the system does not recognise that both education history and work fiels are supposed to be related somehow ?
Could it be that because it is "self employed" and "current job" or hours per week are not enough there is a glitch somewhere or that does not affect anything ?

Last edited:

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Hi All,
I just submitted my profile and got Ineligible for skilled worker. I checked multiple times can not seem to find what the problem is.
I'm 25 years old
with a 2 year masters degree from Canada
I did not provide assessment for my 4 year foreign bachelor degree as I thought It will not be necessary.
one year and nine months work experience as research assistant during my masters in canada
Ielts speaking:8.5, reading:9, listening: 7, writing:6.5
I'm already working full-time with my post graduation work permit (it's been two months)
I in the funds you bring to canada, I put enough funds too.
based on my own calculation i should have 70 out of 100.
21 for language, 23 for degree, 9 for work experience, 12 for age and 5 to my two year study in canada,

Rubydairy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Hi All,
I just submitted my profile and got Ineligible for skilled worker. I checked multiple times can not seem to find what the problem is.
I'm 25 years old
with a 2 year masters degree from Canada
I did not provide assessment for my 4 year foreign bachelor degree as I thought It will not be necessary.
one year and nine months work experience as research assistant during my masters in canada
Ielts speaking:8.5, reading:9, listening: 7, writing:6.5
I'm already working full-time with my post graduation work permit (it's been two months)
I in the funds you bring to canada, I put enough funds too.
based on my own calculation i should have 70 out of 100.
21 for language, 23 for degree, 9 for work experience, 12 for age and 5 to my two year study in canada,
Do you remember that your work experience should not be earned while you are a full-time student. Was that the job experience you used?

Also your primary NOC must be the same as the NOC for your work experience

sharelp

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
I have 3 year Bachelor's degree and 2 year Master's degree from India. My ECA from WES states 4 year Bachelor degree and 1 year Post Graduate Diploma.
What should I select under education? Should I have 2 lines - 1 for Bachelor and 1 for Masters - I am assuming Post Graduate Diploma is same as Masters from the drop down.. please correct me if i am wrong

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Do you remember that your work experience should not be earned while you are a full-time student. Was that the job experience you used?

Also your primary NOC must be the same as the NOC for your work experience
Based on what I read here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=855&top=6
I think I should be able to count my research assistant ship for the requirement.
what i did realise later was that I set my primary NOC to a different one than research assistant ship. Haven't resubmitted yet though to see what happens

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I have 3 year Bachelor's degree and 2 year Master's degree from India. My ECA from WES states 4 year Bachelor degree and 1 year Post Graduate Diploma.
What should I select under education? Should I have 2 lines - 1 for Bachelor and 1 for Masters - I am assuming Post Graduate Diploma is same as Masters from the drop down.. please correct me if i am wrong
Level of education-

1. Bachelors degree = Bachelors degree at University.....
2. Post Graduate Diploma = One year program at University....
You will be awarded points for "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees...." points.

Good Luck!

sharelp

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Level of education-

1. Bachelors degree = Bachelors degree at University.....
2. Post Graduate Diploma = One year program at University....
You will be awarded points for "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees...." points.

Good Luck!
Thank you

Blondiesweet25

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Hello Everyone,

I need help understanding the EE system especially with ineligible profiles.

I am 41, a lawyer with masters degree in psychology, ielts scores r L8.5, R8.0, S9.0, W7.0. I have WES for both my law degree and my masters. I am married with 3 kids so I put $40,000. My spouse is a medical doctor n has MCC evaluation for that with ielts scores of L7.0, R6.5, S7.5, W7.5 and is 39yrs. I am d principal applicant n under the crs calculator I am on 422 but my profile keeps getting returned as ineligible. Where am I going wrong? Pls help! Thnx

Rubydairy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I need help understanding the EE system especially with ineligible profiles.

I am 41, a lawyer with masters degree in psychology, ielts scores r L8.5, R8.0, S9.0, W7.0. I have WES for both my law degree and my masters. I am married with 3 kids so I put $40,000. My spouse is a medical doctor n has MCC evaluation for that with ielts scores of L7.0, R6.5, S7.5, W7.5 and is 39yrs. I am d principal applicant n under the crs calculator I am on 422 but my profile keeps getting returned as ineligible. Where am I going wrong? Pls help! Thnx
Check the NOC code of your work experience. It must the the same as that for your primary occupation. That's usually one mistake that causes profile ineligible

Blondiesweet25

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Check the NOC code of your work experience. It must the the same as that for your primary occupation. That's usually one mistake that causes profile ineligible
Yes i did put 4211 - lawyers and Quebec notaries? Is it not? I have over 10years work experience- not a notary but a lawyer.

Blondiesweet25

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Thank you sooooooo much Rudy, u were right. I changed the NOC code and it got accepted. You have made my day. God bless