+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry profile got ineligible after updating personal details -- Please h

Singh1985

May 6, 2016
Hi,
I was updating my personal details in EE file as my brother we is in Canada got his PR, so i open EE profile in and select Yes for "Do you have any relative in canada" under Personal details.

But now cic is showing that my profile is eligible. Any idea how this happened ?

How can i make the EE profile eligible again ?

Also my ONIP is under process, what impact this will have on my ONIP application ?

Any help will be appreciated, please reply !

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Singh1985 said:
Hi,
I was updating my personal details in EE file as my brother we is in Canada got his PR, so i open EE profile in and select Yes for "Do you have any relative in canada" under Personal details.

But now cic is showing that my profile is eligible. Any idea how this happened ?

How can i make the EE profile eligible again ?

Also my ONIP is under process, what impact this will have on my ONIP application ?

Any help will be appreciated, please reply !
It could have happened, due to the amount of funds mentioned by you is below 2016 LICO.

No, you cannot reactivate an ineligible profile, once the profile becomes ineligible, you will have to create a new profile.

After you have created a new profile, you will have to intimate OINP about your situation and let them know why you have created a new profile. You will have to request them to link your new EE profile to your existing nomination application. This has happened to few people in the past and OINP has linked their application to the new EE profile. Once you have intimated them, they will link your new EE profile to your existing nomination application. Once documents are successfully verified, you will get nomination in your new EE profile where once you accept it, you will get 600 points added to your current score in the new EE profile.

The following was the response sent to an applicant whose profile had become ineligible.

If the profile on which you received a Letter of Interest became ineligible, you have to advise our office.

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will continue to process your application if you create a new Express Entry profile, however, to do so we require you to provide the following within 30 calendar days of receipt of this notice, or if you have not yet submitted your application, with the application:

1. The Express Entry number/job seeker validation code for your new profile;
2. A copy of the letter you have received from Citizenship and Immigration Canada acknowledging the new profile; and
3. A letter explaining why you updated your profile and a list of the additional or updated information you provided in your new Express Entry profile.

Singh1985

May 6, 2016
Thanks Stanlee for your reply, i am feeling bit relieved now

Just two more questions for you:
My wife is secondary application and her ILETS will expire on 20th oh this month i.e May 20 2016. For EE, is there any rule like ILETS of secondary applicant must not expire within one month after making a profile in EE ?

Also do i have to send new bank statements to ONIP when i request them to link my ONIP application to new EE profile ?

Singh1985

May 6, 2016
Stanlee said:
It could have happened, due to the amount of funds mentioned by you is below 2016 LICO.

No, you cannot reactivate an ineligible profile, once the profile becomes ineligible, you will have to create a new profile.

After you have created a new profile, you will have to intimate OINP about your situation and let them know why you have created a new profile. You will have to request them to link your new EE profile to your existing nomination application. This has happened to few people in the past and OINP has linked their application to the new EE profile. Once you have intimated them, they will link your new EE profile to your existing nomination application. Once documents are successfully verified, you will get nomination in your new EE profile where once you accept it, you will get 600 points added to your current score in the new EE profile.

The following was the response sent to an applicant whose profile had become ineligible.

If the profile on which you received a Letter of Interest became ineligible, you have to advise our office.

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will continue to process your application if you create a new Express Entry profile, however, to do so we require you to provide the following within 30 calendar days of receipt of this notice, or if you have not yet submitted your application, with the application:

2. A copy of the letter you have received from Citizenship and Immigration Canada acknowledging the new profile; and
3. A letter explaining why you updated your profile and a list of the additional or updated information you provided in your new Express Entry profile.

My wife is secondary application and her ILETS will expire on 20th oh this month i.e May 20 2016. For EE, is there any rule like ILETS of secondary applicant must not expire within one month after making a profile in EE ?

Also do i have to send new bank statements to ONIP when i request them to link my ONIP application to new EE profile ?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Singh1985 said:

My wife is secondary application and her ILETS will expire on 20th oh this month i.e May 20 2016. For EE, is there any rule like ILETS of secondary applicant must not expire within one month after making a profile in EE ? - IELTS for co-applicant is optional. If you meet the minimum CRS requirement (400+) even after your wife's IELTS expires, it should not be concern, in that case you can remove your wife's IELTS details from your profile. But, if by removing your wife's IELTS your CRS goes below 400+, then it becomes a concern.

Also do i have to send new bank statements to ONIP when i request them to link my ONIP application to new EE profile ? - In my opinion, there is no need to send the updated POF unless asked for by OINP explicitly.

Shzeem

Nov 20, 2017
S

Similar situation has happened with me. I got my nomination from Alberta last night and my profile became ineligible due to inadequate funds as my profile had minimum funds as per their previous funds requirements list which was updated in Feb 2019. Is there anyway I can still be able to get my nomination back or update my funds on existing profile. What should I do??

Xyz12345

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
S

Similar situation has happened with me. I got my nomination from Alberta last night and my profile became ineligible due to inadequate funds as my profile had minimum funds as per their previous funds requirements list which was updated in Feb 2019. Is there anyway I can still be able to get my nomination back or update my funds on existing profile. What should I do??
I gotten same problem today. Please help me. Did u find solution of this problem?