+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry PR application (no decision more than 1 year)

ajakob

Oct 28, 2015
Hi all

It is very sad that my application is delayed for more than 1 year. I have been submitted a permanent resident application via Express entry with CEC stream Sep. 2016 (More than a year now). However, my application is still in process and I do not know what should I do?

My situation is explained as follows.

I live in Canada for the past 3 years. And when I immigrate to Canada there I was separated with my wife (married in Africa) and declared as separated and claim Tax in Canada as single.

On Dec. 2017 (i.e., 2 months after I submitted my application), I have received a message from CIC to submit

Document 1: “divorce certificate”

Document 2: “an IMM form that my wife signed for our child to live with me”.

However, since my child lives with my family in Africa and I took full control of him, I explain this fact and I request the CIC to consider my application without these two papers. And I mentioned politely in the explanation letter that if I should bring these papers, I request them to give me 1 or 2 months.

However, the CIC people forward my application to the Canadian consulate in Africa on Feb. 2017. And I request the ATIP immigration document from CIC and in the ATIP form everything looks fine and the officer says that he is satisfied with all my documents, and he needs help from the Canadian consulate in Africa “further investigation for my child” (No idea what does it mean).

Then, on June, I receive another e-mail from Canadian consulate in Africa (as a reply to my request for application status) stating that the investigation with my child is still in process.

Then on September and November months, I sent two consecutive e-mails to Canadian consulate in Africa to get the update, and I politely mention that my application is extremely delayed. And I request

1. To submit Documents 1 and 2 (again if it is needed although not mentioned in the second e-mail) or

2. Get the PR application processed only for me while still continuing investigation for my child. Meanwhile, I am also stating that I am losing several job opportunities just due to lack of PR. However, I did not get replies from them for both of my inquiries.

Now I feel that I am in a floating condition. Any advice is appreciated as I may need to understand what is going on to take appropriate action.

Note that to get the first document, I may need to travel to Africa which is one of my the challenge due to work etc (also mentioned in the application).

Note that most of my colleagues pass the same process and get PR in 2.5 months.

mcberk

Feb 5, 2018
I’m from Turkey. I submitted my PR application through express entry on February 5, 2017. I have never been married or divorced. I haven’t committed any crime in my life. I am still waiting for a decision to ne made. I have been in Canada for over 3 years. I’ve been working for the last 2 years. My work permit is about to expire. I am in a similar situation and don’t know what to do. I know that I can apply for a bridging open work permit but I feel like I’m wasting my time here.