+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - Pilot

izoazlion

Mar 8, 2017
Hey everyone,

I hate to be the guy that registers, logs in and posts a new topic right away however I'm coming to the business end of my time in Canada and I need to ensure I'm not going to end up back in the UK in a couple months.

Okay;

I have an express entry application in, through a lawyer who has cost a lot of money and still here i am, a long time later, not really having gotten too far. That is another story.

I have a score breakdown of a lowly 357 currently, however there is nothing in 'Education' and there is certainly nothing acknowledging my Commercial Pilots License (Complete with Multi-Engine and Instrument Rating, along with a 50 hour float plane course) that in total took about 13-15 months, which in my eyes should classify as 1+ year of education beyond High School?

My language score is 133, I have an age score of 110, a Canadian Work Experience score of 64, Foreign Work Experience of 50 and that's it, there's my 357.

My question is two fold - I have a job offer for a very reputable float plane airline in Canada, this is an increase of points of +50, however they are only willing to confirm the offer and the included pay/duration etc, they are not willing to sponsor. Under the Express Entry does a 'Arranged Employment' also mean 'Sponsored'?

On top of that, what can I expect to have to do to increase my points with regards to my High School qualifications from England, or better yet (as it is a huge increase in points) my Aviation training?

Again I am sorry to have to trouble you and, really the reason why is I feel like I'm on the edge of a cliff at the moment.

Warm regards

Rob

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
izoazlion said:
Hey everyone,

I hate to be the guy that registers, logs in and posts a new topic right away however I'm coming to the business end of my time in Canada and I need to ensure I'm not going to end up back in the UK in a couple months.

Okay;

I have an express entry application in, through a lawyer who has cost a lot of money and still here i am, a long time later, not really having gotten too far. That is another story.

I have a score breakdown of a lowly 357 currently, however there is nothing in 'Education' and there is certainly nothing acknowledging my Commercial Pilots License (Complete with Multi-Engine and Instrument Rating, along with a 50 hour float plane course) that in total took about 13-15 months, which in my eyes should classify as 1+ year of education beyond High School?

My language score is 133, I have an age score of 110, a Canadian Work Experience score of 64, Foreign Work Experience of 50 and that's it, there's my 357.

My question is two fold - I have a job offer for a very reputable float plane airline in Canada, this is an increase of points of +50, however they are only willing to confirm the offer and the included pay/duration etc, they are not willing to sponsor. Under the Express Entry does a 'Arranged Employment' also mean 'Sponsored'?

On top of that, what can I expect to have to do to increase my points with regards to my High School qualifications from England, or better yet (as it is a huge increase in points) my Aviation training?

Again I am sorry to have to trouble you and, really the reason why is I feel like I'm on the edge of a cliff at the moment.

Warm regards

Rob
Hi Rob,

Ok as I understand you are already in Canada...

have you read this ? I just did a quick search and found this.... also it talks about a bridging open work permit...

canadavisa.com/canadian-arranged-employment.html

I hope you figure it out....its such a shame that your training gives you only 1 year after high school, otherwise you would be getting ITA in the next round 100% ....

Please note I am not ax expert, I am just trying to help...

Take care

izoazlion

Mar 8, 2017
Even then, at the moment my Lawyer doesn't have my Commercial training on there as education at all, in fact, my education says 0 points!

Which is stupid because I did high school (+30 minimum) and then my Commercial, which by my count should take me, with a job offer, from 357 to 450-550! Which is basically next round I get invited. Game changer!?

Honestly, fortunes on a lawyer, might as well have done it myself.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
izoazlion said:
Even then, at the moment my Lawyer doesn't have my Commercial training on there as education at all, in fact, my education says 0 points!

Which is stupid because I did high school (+30 minimum) and then my Commercial, which by my count should take me, with a job offer, from 357 to 450-550! Which is basically next round I get invited. Game changer!?

Honestly, fortunes on a lawyer, might as well have done it myself.

A lot of people are hiring lawyers and immigration consultants , and you know I totally respect the people who perform these jobs and people who purchase their services...and I see that the immigration consultancy market is huge...however in my opinion,with all the time, energy and money you spend on a lawyer, you can %100 do it yourself. Because in fact trying to explain something to someone takes your energy from you, and (in your case) if your lawyer/consultant is way too busy(!) for updating your application;you end up getting frustrated... Most likely you are not the only customer he/she is dealing with...

In any case you should receive some points for your education and for your Commercial...I dont know why you have a zero there.... pinch your lawyer more and he/she should come up with smt for you....

izoazlion

Mar 8, 2017
Wow. I've never even heard of it.

I don't mean to sound completely useless, but this is why I went through an immigration lawyer, so nothing got missed and I could maximise my points.

Thank you, I'll do this.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
izoazlion said:
Wow. I've never even heard of it.

I don't mean to sound completely useless, but this is why I went through an immigration lawyer, so nothing got missed and I could maximise my points.

Thank you, I'll do this.
I highly doubt that WES or ICAS can evaluate a pilot training.... IELTS yes but for ECA for pilot degree you need to check.... there should be a seperate institution doing this....

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
For your info "Pilots licenses are internationally standardized under ICAO"...

someone else mentioned it in the forum...

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Ezgi84 said:
For your info "Pilots licenses are internationally standardized under ICAO"...

someone else mentioned it in the forum...
I did a quick search for a previous post (maybe in last 4 yrs) of a fellow who tried to get points for his qualifications. I think he got his somewhere in Europe, possibly Germany? Couldn't come up with it, but as Irecall it wasn't going well. Will look more when I have time.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
Pippin said:
I did a quick search for a previous post (maybe in last 4 yrs) of a fellow who tried to get points for his qualifications. I think he got his somewhere in Europe, possibly Germany? Couldn't come up with it, but as Irecall it wasn't going well. Will look more when I have time.
I guess we are talking about the same person :D ....

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ee-application-rejected-after-aor-received-missing-education-credential-assessment-t281068.15.html

Apparently no news from him since 2015? I checked his last posts and thats what I came up with.....

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Ezgi84 said:
I guess we are talking about the same person :D ....

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ee-application-rejected-after-aor-received-missing-education-credential-assessment-t281068.15.html

Apparently no news from him since 2015? I checked his last posts and thats what I came up with.....
I sent him a message to ask how he was getting on.

Max Continuous

Nov 24, 2014
Hi there, that was me.

My situation is a little different, but basically I also couldn't figure out how to get any points for my professional licenses. I paid for an ECA but it proved to be a dead end, all they could verify was my high school diploma and I didn't gain any points. You can't enter pilots license as post highschool education.

My employer also didn't have any LMIA, so in the end I applied as a BC provincial nominee with the help of a lawyer to avoid any further complications. The advantage was that it didn't require any expense and little effort from my employer other than writing some letters. Now I know I got in as one of the last applicants under the BC PNP at the time before they stopped accepting applications to reform the system, so I don't know if the requirements have changed a lot since then.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
Max Continuous said:
Hi there, that was me.

My situation is a little different, but basically I also couldn't figure out how to get any points for my professional licenses. I paid for an ECA but it proved to be a dead end, all they could verify was my high school diploma and I didn't gain any points. You can't enter pilots license as post highschool education.

My employer also didn't have any LMIA, so in the end I applied as a BC provincial nominee with the help of a lawyer to avoid any further complications. The advantage was that it didn't require any expense and little effort from my employer other than writing some letters. Now I know I got in as one of the last applicants under the BC PNP at the time before they stopped accepting applications to reform the system, so I don't know if the requirements have changed a lot since then.
Hello!

+1 for both of you since you took the time to search and get back with info that would help his issue.....

I hope that things at least worked out fine for you, its really frustrating to reach a solution when theres no "real person" to contact in cic before we submit our stuff ... I wish they had actually experienced people working in their help line to avoid unnecessary issues like this(I respect that they want to help and they are really nice but most of the time they dont really have enough experience to answer stuff like this), writing back and forth is endless in this system.....besides all of us are lost in a NOC system that doesnt even exist in our country, and yet we are expected to shoot with the only bullet we have in our hand, you have only one change to come up with a single code among allllll the others.... I respect their system but still.....

Pheww I feel relieved after writing that.... ;D

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
Ezgi84 said:
Hello!

+1 for both of you since you took the time to search and get back with info that would help his issue.....

I hope that things at least worked out fine for you, its really frustrating to reach a solution when theres no "real person" to contact in cic before we submit our stuff ... I wish they had actually experienced people working in their help line to avoid unnecessary issues like this(I respect that they want to help and they are really nice but most of the time they dont really have enough experience to answer stuff like this), writing back and forth is endless in this system.....besides all of us are lost in a NOC system that doesnt even exist in our country, and yet we are expected to shoot with the only bullet we have in our hand, you have only one change to come up with a single code among allllll the others.... I respect their system but still.....

Pheww I feel relieved after writing that.... ;D

Have you tried ringing the call centre? Apologies if you've already said it up there - just gave a quick skim. Sometimes you get very knowledgeable agents, sometimes not. Might be worth a try! Without your pilot education how many points do you have?

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
Hello, its not me who has the issue but I just felt I need to step in and share my ideas :)

I dont know if he has called them, I personally called them once for something else and it really wasnt that much help... basically they told me to raise a CSE.... I waited for a good 18 minutes to just get this info though....