+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

A Nowa

May 17, 2016
_Aspirant said:
I received this on one of the What's App group I am following:

A must watch for people waiting in Express Entry pool.
The video was recorded on May 7, 2016 at Newcomers Canada Fair, held at the Shaw Conference Centre, in Edmonton and the Speaker works for IRCC (CIC).
Highlights :
1) Current draw size is kept low as CIC still has backlogs of paper based PR applications received before Express Entry.
2) The paper based PR application backlogs are expected to be cleared by Sept/ Oct 2016.
3) Once the backlog is cleared, Express Entry will be the only source of Economic stream PR applications.
4) This will result in higher draw size of 2000-2500 ITAs per draw.
5) ITA cut-off scores will "likely drop below 400" to accommodate higher draw size.
Focus on 2 mins clip between 16:30-18:30 for clarification on above points.

Note : Even though the speaker works for IRCC, please do not treat this as an official announcement.
[/quot

That video is soo good and give us hope..thx for sharing it.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Very informative! All appreciation for the efforts you put in sir :)!

koniloni

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Hello,

I am main applicant. I have completed my profile and my husband also. What should I do now. Should I submit my profile now? Or apply jobs through job bank?

Thanks
Priscila

gprasanna31

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
Mumbai
Visa Office......
CPC- OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-01-2017
Passport Req..
01-04-2017
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Hi Guys

Its been exactly 4 months today after sending my application to Ontario.
They received my package on 18 Jan 2016. From the post and spreadsheet i could see ppl getting AOR within 3 months or 3 and half months.
Mine is exactly 120 days. I am worried now.
Please leave your comments

EE created:- 16 Dec 2015
CRS score:- 429
PT from Ontario:- 17 Dec 2015
Application sent on 14 Jan 2016
Appln received on 18 Jan 2016
AOR:- Awaiting...

Last month 18th when i called the ontario office they updated me that they r still processing the backlogs and asked me to wait for their response as they received my package. No other updates were provided wrt my appln ;(

Im really worried and getting a negative vibes....

Guys please leave your comments... awaiting for your feedback

Prasanna Gururam

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
gprasanna31 said:
Hi Guys

Its been exactly 4 months today after sending my application to Ontario.
They received my package on 18 Jan 2016. From the post and spreadsheet i could see ppl getting AOR within 3 months or 3 and half months.
Mine is exactly 120 days. I am worried now.
Please leave your comments

EE created:- 16 Dec 2015
CRS score:- 429
PT from Ontario:- 17 Dec 2015
Application sent on 14 Jan 2016
Appln received on 18 Jan 2016
AOR:- Awaiting...

Last month 18th when i called the ontario office they updated me that they r still processing the backlogs and asked me to wait for their response as they received my package. No other updates were provided wrt my appln ;(

Im really worried and getting a negative vibes....

Guys please leave your comments... awaiting for your feedback

Prasanna Gururam
Yes, there has been a delay at OINPs end especially because of the huge backlog that they have accumulated. In this regard, it is taking AOR anywhere between 120-140 days on an average. Currently AORs are being sent to December applicants, you can follow the OINP December and January threads for updates.

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Can you please tell me if CPA Canada (Ontorio) would give me 50 points for Certificate of qualification under Express Entry ?

I am a licensee CPA in US and as a Member of a Recognized US State Board of Accountancy , I am eligible to apply for CPA Ontorio

But just want to ensure it will give me these 50 points before I move forward .

Thank you

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Rocky127 said:
Hello,

Can you please tell me if CPA Canada (Ontorio) would give me 50 points for Certificate of qualification under Express Entry ?

I am a licensee CPA in US and as a Member of a Recognized US State Board of Accountancy , I am eligible to apply for CPA Ontorio

But just want to ensure it will give me these 50 points before I move forward .

Thank you
I am not sure whether Certification of Qualification will apply to you. It is applicable for skilled trades.

Certificate of Qualification is a document issued by the body that governs trades in a Canadian province or territory. It proves that a person is qualified to work in a certain skilled trade. This means that they have passed a certification exam and meet all the requirements to practice their trade in that province or territory.

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your reply but requirements for Canada's CPA is similar to what you mentioned and its just that I have done all this in US CPA and with a treaty between US & Canada I am exempt.

Now, my point is with my Canadian CPA licensee , I will be issued a license to practice.

Don't you think that would be considered as certificate of qualification ?

Though I agree this is not a trade but a skilled thing which may be questionable.

faraz2512

Dec 16, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
1311 & 1215
AOR Received.
09-08-2017
My wife is pregnant. And I haven't come across any place where I can mention that.
Due Date : End of September.
EE Application put in : 1st May.
Do I mention about her pregnancy now? OR when she delivers? AND where do I mention this?

kenok

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Sorry I am asking this question here. Please must the years of experience be in the very same field or can they be related but not necessarily in the same field? A bit of background, I have a medical degree as my first degree (7 years :eek:), worked for 2 years as GP but decided to go into research instead of specializing. After 4.5 years of PhD I started working early last year as a research fellow in cardiovascular department....still health related but NOC for scientist is different from NOC for medical doctor. I just got my ECA based on my PhD as it gives me the highest point, If I add the 2 years as a medical doctor and 1.5 years as research fellow it adds up to 3 years or more. Note, As a PhD student, I was also a research assistant during but I was on a stipend/scholarship so I guess doesn't count as work experience. Already in my 30s, with 3 years work experience my CRS is 471 if I use 2 years its 446. Wondering if it would be a problem using 3 years?

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ive been living away from my country for Past 7 yrs. Got PCC from embassy here after full enquiry. Do I need to get from home Country too?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
kenok said:
Sorry I am asking this question here. Please must the years of experience be in the very same field or can they be related but not necessarily in the same field? A bit of background, I have a medical degree as my first degree (7 years :eek:), worked for 2 years as GP but decided to go into research instead of specializing. After 4.5 years of PhD I started working early last year as a research fellow in cardiovascular department....still health related but NOC for scientist is different from NOC for medical doctor. I just got my ECA based on my PhD as it gives me the highest point, If I add the 2 years as a medical doctor and 1.5 years as research fellow it adds up to 3 years or more. Note, As a PhD student, I was also a research assistant during but I was on a stipend/scholarship so I guess doesn't count as work experience. Already in my 30s, with 3 years work experience my CRS is 471 if I use 2 years its 446. Wondering if it would be a problem using 3 years?
It does not matter if you have experience in different NOCs as long as it meets the requirement of one of the economic classes under Express Entry.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram,

Thanks indeed for deeper analysis of the OINP AOR/NOM / 2015 2016

You are correct. We can't draw any conclusions, as the figures and not known to us. Neither we will know in future as the updates from OINP
are rare on the stats.

Patience is the key I believe. I wish you an early nomination. You deserved it long ago.

Highly appreciate your prompt suggestions, guidance to all the forum members.

I am so overwhelmed to see some senior members, despite getting their PR, are guiding the applicants on this forum.

May God bless you all for the knowledge you are sharing.
:)

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Hi,
Need your help.

I created and submitted my EE profile 2 days ago. I have worked for 2 companies so far now. By mistake I added wrong NOC code against 1 company experience. 4 hours after submitting my profile, when i noticed the wrong NOC code, I tried to change it but was not successful. So I deleted that Experience. And added new experience with correct NOC Code.
Today a friend of mine has told me that by deleting and adding new NOC Code and experience, I can definitely face very big trouble from CIC canada in case I get ITA. And they can reject my application on this basis or will make my case very difficult.
I am quite worried.
What your opinion in this case??

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
faraz2512 said:
My wife is pregnant. And I haven't come across any place where I can mention that.
Due Date : End of September.
EE Application put in : 1st May.
Do I mention about her pregnancy now? OR when she delivers? AND where do I mention this?
If you have just submitted your Express Entry profile and you are waiting to receive ITA, you can update your profile after the baby is born. You will also have to update the minimum funds as per LICO for the number of family members.

In case you have received ITA, check the following links
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/urgent-help-asivad-anac-and-seniors-baby-born-case-t414779.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/asivad-and-seniors-please-help-t414905.0.html