Express Entry in a nutshell

CanEEPR

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have worked for same company(different units) at two different locations in last 7 years . I got the reference letter from the company which mentions the name of both the company units along with duration for each unit. But it just mentions my last designation. same NOC code is applicable for both .
Should I mention this work tenure as a single entry in my work history and personal history or two different work experience and upload the same reference letter for both work experience.

Please advise.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ClaireAero said:
Hi
I am sending my documents to WES. I have two degrees (BE and MBA) from the same university. I got two sealed envelope from them.

Do I need to send
1. two couriers or
2. put both papers in one sealed envelope or
3. 2 sealed envelope in one big envelope?

Thanks
Claire
Have the 2 envelopes you got from universities as it is. Do not alter the envelopes provided by your university in anyway. If the flap of the envelope is not sealed, seal it now. Get another envelope and place both your degree certificates in there. Now, place all these 3 envelopes inside a bigger envelope and send it to WES.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
CanEEPR said:
Hi,

I have worked for same company(different units) at two different locations in last 7 years . I got the reference letter from the company which mentions the name of both the company units along with duration for each unit. But it just mentions my last designation. same NOC code is applicable for both .
Should I mention this work tenure as a single entry in my work history and personal history or two different work experience and upload the same reference letter for both work experience.

Please advise.
Since the locations are different, IMO, you should mention it twice and upload the same ref letter for both the entries. Write a LOE to help the officer understand why you have uploaded the same letter in 2 different place holders.

waj1000

Dec 16, 2014
NOC: 4163
04/Dec/2015 - EE Created
08/Jan/2016 - SINP Nomination Received
13/Jan/2016 - ITA Received
14/Jan/2016 - Medicals Done PA
20/Jan/2016 - Medicals Done Dependents
20/Jan/2016 - PR Application Submitted
20/Jan/2016 - AOR
- Application/profile status: - Open
- Review of eligibility: - Review in Progress
- Review of medical results: - Not needed at this time Help
- Review of submitted documents: - No additional documents are needed at this time Help
- Scheduling an interview: - Not needed at this time Help
- A background check is needed: - Not needed at this time Help
- Final decision: - Not Started

ClaireAero

Nov 24, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Have the 2 envelopes you got from universities as it is. Do not alter the envelopes provided by your university in anyway. If the flap of the envelope is not sealed, seal it now. Get another envelope and place both your degree certificates in there. Now, place all these 3 envelopes inside a bigger envelope and send it to WES.
Do you mean, I need to keep a third envelope with a copy of my degree certificates (apart from the transcripts set)? but WES did not specify that in their website!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ClaireAero said:
Do you mean, I need to keep a third envelope with a copy of my degree certificates (apart from the transcripts set)? but WES did not specify that in their website!!
Check again! You are an applicant with degrees from India, isn't it?

http://www.wes.org/ca/eca/requireddocuments/index.asp

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
waj1000 said:
NOC: 4163
04/Dec/2015 - EE Created
08/Jan/2016 - SINP Nomination Received
13/Jan/2016 - ITA Received
14/Jan/2016 - Medicals Done PA
20/Jan/2016 - Medicals Done Dependents
20/Jan/2016 - PR Application Submitted
20/Jan/2016 - AOR
- Application/profile status: - Open
- Review of eligibility: - Review in Progress
- Review of medical results: - Not needed at this time Help
- Review of submitted documents: - No additional documents are needed at this time Help
- Scheduling an interview: - Not needed at this time Help
- A background check is needed: - Not needed at this time Help
- Final decision: - Not Started
Okay. What's your question? Why have you posted your timeline here?

ClaireAero

Nov 24, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Check again! You are an applicant with degrees from India, isn't it?

http://www.wes.org/ca/eca/requireddocuments/index.asp
I got the below documents from my University
1. Degree certificated attested
2. Consolidated mark sheets attested
3. A letter from University for non issuance of Semester wise mark sheets.

WES says
1. Final or Provisional Degree Certificate
2. Annual Statement of Marks / Academic Transcript

As I am attaching my degree certificate in the envelope(attested by Univ.), does it necessary to keep a separate copy? As WES says not to send any photocopies.

Please clarify.
Thanks
Claire

smkashif

Apr 23, 2015
Thanks, good effort.
Any comment on points cut off, I have only 381 :'( and wondering if I have any chance, hearing a lot about points to come down!!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ClaireAero said:
I got the below documents from my University
1. Degree certificated attested
2. Consolidated mark sheets attested
3. A letter from University for non issuance of Semester wise mark sheets.

WES says
1. Final or Provisional Degree Certificate
2. Annual Statement of Marks / Academic Transcript

As I am attaching my degree certificate in the envelope(attested by Univ.), does it necessary to keep a separate copy? As WES says not to send any photocopies.

Please clarify.
Thanks
Claire
Please select India and click on "university education". Please read point 1 under the " Required documents". Please note there is an "and" in between point 1 and point 2. Point 2 asks for the university transcripts AND point 1 asks you to send legible copies of degree/provisional certificates!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
smkashif said:
Thanks, good effort.
Any comment on points cut off, I have only 381 :'( and wondering if I have any chance, hearing a lot about points to come down!!!
I'm sure this is not what you want to hear but it is extremely unlikely for the scores to go below 440 this year. Please try to improve your score - You have the following options:

1) Get CLB 9 in IELTS.
2) Get ECA and IELTS done for spouse (if applicable).
3) Secure a PNP. This will add 600 points to your CRS.

The other long term options are getting a degree and/or gaining more work experience.

ClaireAero

Nov 24, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Please select India and click on "university education". Please read point 1 under the " Required documents". Please note there is an "and" in between point 1 and point 2. Point 2 asks for the university transcripts AND point 1 asks you to send legible copies of degree/provisional certificates!
Thank you! I will send a copy of degree certificate too!!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
So I had my upfront medicals done about three weeks ago. Just looked at the information sheet I got however, which says this:

IME: Non EDE
Upfront Medical Type: Worker

Now, I'm applying for PR, and my medical type is for 'Worker' Visa, I assume. Is this an issue? If so, what can I do? I haven't actually submitted the application yet, so if I need to go get an amended information sheet or even another round of medicals, I can do so.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aragorn165 said:
So I had my upfront medicals done about three weeks ago. Just looked at the information sheet I got however, which says this:

IME: Non EDE
Upfront Medical Type: Worker

Now, I'm applying for PR, and my medical type is for 'Worker' Visa, I assume. Is this an issue? If so, what can I do? I haven't actually submitted the application yet, so if I need to go get an amended information sheet or even another round of medicals, I can do so.
What you have got is perfectly fine! Go ahead and submit the application!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
What you have got is perfectly fine! Go ahead and submit the application!
Thank you! Should I mention this in a letter of explanation?