+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Correction of DOB in EE profile

Hi All,

I have a question regarding date of birth in EE profile. I submitted my EE profile and got a PT notification of interest from Ontario. Now I want to correct the date of birth on my passport. How can I do that? I have the old date of birth on all my Education documents, IELTS and ECA report.
Is there any way I can update my DOB on passport and then on EE profile?
Thank you!

Arslan82

Nov 1, 2016
Hello,
My question is regrding police certificate, my spouse is applying as PA and im working in Saudia Arabia ( but am a pakistani) my wife visited me here is saudia for 9 months does she has to get police report from here in saudia or only from pakistan and so i need to get the report form both countries as well?. (She worked in pakistan for an year)
Regards

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Arslan82 said:
Hello,
My question is regrding police certificate, my spouse is applying as PA and im working in Saudia Arabia ( but am a pakistani) my wife visited me here is saudia for 9 months does she has to get police report from here in saudia or only from pakistan and so i need to get the report form both countries as well?. (She worked in pakistan for an year)
Regards
She would require PCC from both countries.

Arslan82

Nov 1, 2016
Sir do i also need PCC from both countires? i.e Pakistan and saudia?
Is there any specification or format required by CIC for PCC?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arslan82 said:
Sir do i also need PCC from both countires? i.e Pakistan and saudia?
Is there any specification or format required by CIC for PCC?

You have to get a PCC for every country you've spent more than 6 months in. So yes, you will require a PCC for both countries.

The government will provide you with a standard PCC, which will be accepted by CIC.

Arslan82

Nov 1, 2016
Will i get the format and specification after getting ITA?
Wount that be too late because only in 60 days i have to get it and submit!

Arslan82

Nov 1, 2016
Sir
I also want to know about employer reference letter, will i need it too from my all previous employers?
I am currently working in saudia and the people here wount give me a letter easily. i worked for 6 years in pakistan can i only give the refrence letters till then? Is it compulsory to give reference letters of all former employees?? Or its is on me that which experience i want to show?

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Can I file for H1B visa as well as continue to try for Canada PR?

Arslan82

Nov 1, 2016
Sir
I also want to know about employer reference letter, will i need it too from my all previous employers? (both PA and spouse has to give it)
I am currently working in saudia and the people here wount give me a letter easily. i worked for 6 years in pakistan can i only give the refrence letters till then? Is it compulsory to give reference letters of all former employees?? Or its is on me that which experience i want to show?

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
rajkamalmohanram said:
Thanks for quick reply.

I have one more question. After applying for SINP on 21st July, my status changed to "In Process" on 3rd Oct. On 17th Oct I got a new job but I have not updated this in SINP yet. Is that ok? I already fulfill the minimum & maximum job experience requirement, so its not like if I dont update this there will be a problem. I just dont want to complicate stuff at this point. In EE application also I have not updated my current job status. It still shows my previous company as current employer. Please advice..

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arslan82 said:
Sir
I also want to know about employer reference letter, will i need it too from my all previous employers? (both PA and spouse has to give it)
You need to show letters for the experience you want to claim points for. If you don't want to claim points or your work in Saudi, don't list Saudi in your work experience, and you won't need to provide a letter.

For the spouse, only Canadian work experience will gain you points. So leave all non-Canadian work experience out of the work experience section, so that you won't need to provide letters.

Arslan82

Nov 1, 2016
Sir, My wife is an electronics engineer with experience as a secondary teacher for mathematics, will she be eligible to apply and will she get marks for her experience? as she is masters in electronics engineering but not specialized mathematician ?? will her experience as teacher count?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Arslan82 said:
Sir, My wife is an electronics engineer with experience as a secondary teacher for mathematics, will she be eligible to apply and will she get marks for her experience? as she is masters in electronics engineering but not specialized mathematician ?? will her experience as teacher count?
If she is the primary applicant and she has all the necessary documentation to prove her work, yes.