+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
nikhil.bhatia said:
Hi,

I am confused, can you please help me. is this 67 point system still active? i thought EE is the only option for FSW category. As i am scoring 79 points as per this rule but my CRS is 464 only.

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nikhil
Yes, you need to score at least 67 points out of 100 int he FSW points grid to be eligible to apply under Express Entry - FSW Stream. This is only for the eligibility part. Whether you get ITA or not depends on your CRS. In the first post in this thread, you will find an explanation to this. Good luck!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vibhu_kk said:
Guys I have been reading a lot, but I have been unable to find the right information to answer my questions. As stupid as these might sound, I would really appreciate if someone could provide precise answers to my questions. Please no guesswok:)

History:
I individually applied through EE program last year (2015) and completed all formalities and received my ITA and applied and paid the fee. In May 2016, I received an email from ""CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC) <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>""
asking me to send my Passport for PR Visa stamping through VFS. During this period, just before receiving this new email, I got married and I sent a letter informing about my change in marital status alongwith my passport through VFS. I also updated CIC through Case Specific Enquiry portal with all the necessary documents (photos, marriage certificate and a detailed letter).

Now I have received 2 separate communications. One through email from DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and also through my Express Entry profile update page asking for the following documents:
Generic Application Form for Canada(required)
Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)
A signed and completed questionnaire(required)
Marriage Photos (required)
Passport (required)
RPRF (required)

I believe the profile update page is more authentic for me to share my wife's documents. Now I have these questions:

1. Is my wife going to be added as a dependent who will not be eligible to work in Canada? Or will this be also a PR with in-built work permit?

PRs do not require work permits to work. Once you guys land and activate your PR status, you have the right to take up any job, start a business and live/settle in any part of Canada.

2. If she is not eligible to work with this permit, how do I apply for OWP for her? Can OWP be applied from my existing EE profile?

Read Answer to the 1st question.

3. If she needs OWP, then why do I have to pay for RPRF (as asked in "Replacement Needed" documents)?

Read Answer to the 2nd question. You MUST pay RPRF for your spouse.
Suggest you to update the details in your myCIC account AND reply to the e-mail from NDVO.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Deutschland said:
Hello friends,

I will be very grateful if someone could answer my query. In the post ITA form, we are asked to fill all our addresses in the past 10 years. I went to Dubai for my vacations for a period of one month. Do I need to mention my hotel address in the form. Thank you.
Yes, please do mention the hotel address.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
neha25 said:
Forgot to seek advise on one more thing....is there any use of hiring a immigration lawyer at this stage??My sister is so devastated that CIC bluntly rejected the application for one missing document that she feels maybe we should hire a immigration lawyer now..but I feel that hiring one now when 95% things are done is like paying millions for nuts...suggestions??
Sorry. Missing to submit document was the mistake of the applicant. Cannot blame IRCC for that. The decision depends on you - If you are a little more careful and follow the instructions on the checklist, there is no need to hire anyone.

Be sure to submit ECA copy and IELTS test results in the "Education History Section" placeholder.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
subhash600 said:
stan
do i have to get ECA for high school certificate as well
as i have only 12 years of education i.e Higher secondary from india

pls advice

thanks for being a star to all newbies
Not required. However, you need to have a post Secondary credential (a diploma, a degree) which you study after your 12th grade to be eligible to apply.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shwetasagar said:
Hi Guys,

I got my
AOR 4th may 2016,
RPRF 7th June 2016
meds done upfront and passed.

And I am still awaiting for next step. I guess it should be PPR now?

Several things happen in the background. A "R10" check is done - This is a completeness check to ensure you have submitted all the documents. Once this check is done, R10 is set to "Passed" in GCMS. A "11.2" check is done - This usually involves in checking your documents and making sure they match with the details you entered in your e-APR. This might also include the verification of the authenticity of the document. Post this, there is a background check - This includes "Security" and "Criminality" check. This is to ensure that you are not a threat to Canada. PCCs are checked and verified here. After this, you would be sent PPR.

However my IELTS is expiring this month JULY. Should I write it again while I am awaiting for next step? Or is it fine if not written as I have already submitted the application for PR?

No. Doesn't matter if your documents expire AFTER you submitted your e-APR.

Please let me know.

Regards,
Shweta

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
Hello i have nearly 950 points with positive lmia . I have already cleared my medicals and my eligiblity review phase is going on. How much time it is gonna take till i recieve ppr

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
er.satnamsinghbhullar said:
Hello i have nearly 950 points with positive lmia . I have already cleared my medicals and my eligiblity review phase is going on. How much time it is gonna take till i recieve ppr
Can't be sure. There is no hard-and-fast timeline. 6 months is the standard processing time for EE applicants so make up your mind based on that.

shwetasagar

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2016
Doc's Request.
20-10-2016
Nomination.....
28-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
Thanks a ton rajkamalmohanram !! :)

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi Raj,

I believe we are not asked to provide IELTS language document as per the document checklist. Should I send it by CSE now? I read on some forums that CIC may reject/request ECA and IELTS documents if they wish.

Regards,
Aditya

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aditya127 said:
Hi Raj,

I believe we are not asked to provide IELTS language document as per the document checklist. Should I send it by CSE now? I read on some forums that CIC may reject/request ECA and IELTS documents if they wish.

Regards,
Aditya
I have heard people say they have been rejected for missing ECA. I don't recall any specific case where an applicant was rejected for not submitting IELTS language test report. When I started hearing about these rejections based on ECA, I started maintaining that ECA and IELTS be submitted as a part of the Education History section - Just in case.

I think you might not need to raise a CSE to send your IELTS report.

Good luck!

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
I have heard people say they have been rejected for missing ECA. I don't recall any specific case where an applicant was rejected for not submitting IELTS language test report. When I started hearing about these rejections based on ECA, I started maintaining that ECA and IELTS be submitted as a part of the Education History section - Just in case.

I think you might not need to raise a CSE to send your IELTS report.

Good luck!
Thanks bro!

alya2905

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-10-2016
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
05-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed at this time
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully July 2017
I believe I am correct, but I still have this confusion ..
I have three degrees: Bachelor's (3 yr), Master's (2 yr) and PG Diploma(1 yr program).

I evaluated only Bachelor's and Master's via WES and the outcome was "CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY: 4 YEARS BACHELOR'S.

While creating MY CIC Account, I have mentioned all three degrees AND based on WES evaluation, I selected the option Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute in the topic "CRS-Human Capital-Level of Education"[\color] . This option gave me 120 points.

I checked the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp and it shows the same points under LEVEL OF EDUCATION- for BACHELOR'S.

My reason for not evaluating my 3rd degree (PG Diploma) was that I never worked in Path. Laboratory. Nor am i going to work. Also, as I am not claiming points for 3rd degree while creating CIC account and processing my application with the Bachelor's & Master's. I need not evaluate the 3rd degree via WES

1. IS MY REASONING CORRECT FOR NOT EVALUATING? OR
2. DO I HAVE TO EVALUATE DIPLOMA AS WELL?
3. I selected "bachelor's" option based on WES Evaluation. WAS THIS OPTION CORRECT?

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi Raj,

One more question.

I initially uploaded the academics documents as one file named "Academics_CIC.pdf". Later I realised that I missed ECA and uploaded updated file including ECA, named as "Academics_CIC1.pdf" via CSE. I got confirmation 2 weeks later that the changes have been applied.

If I see the documents submitted in my profile, academics still show the uploaded file to be the previous one ie Academics_CIC.pdf.

Are the changes (via CSE) applied only in backend or should they be visible on the submitted profile too?

Regards,
Aditya

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aditya127 said:
Hi Raj,

One more question.

I initially uploaded the academics documents as one file named "Academics_CIC.pdf". Later I realised that I missed ECA and uploaded updated file including ECA, named as "Academics_CIC1.pdf" via CSE. I got confirmation 2 weeks later that the changes have been applied.

If I see the documents submitted in my profile, academics still show the uploaded file to be the previous one ie Academics_CIC.pdf.

Are the changes (via CSE) applied only in backend or should they be visible on the submitted profile too?

Regards,
Aditya
If you received an e-mail that stated your changes have been noted, then, IMO, you are good to go!