+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry for NOC 0111,1111,1112,1114 & 1212

Beancounter

Feb 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Nikhil89: Congrats on getting your WES report :) I have a similar WES report (3 year bachelors and 4 year bachelor) and have claimed as 2 separate degrees in EE.

I think the 'Canadian equivalence summary' for ours is a bit misleading as it seems to indicate only one degree so did some digging and found this on another thread...see note by DimaK on 19th March which says: "I just got answer from WES: "Please be advised that it is World Education Services policy to only list the highest credential at the equivalency summary of the evaluation report".

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t275439.0.html;msg4141927#msg4141927

jg2015

Mar 27, 2015
Dear All,

I would like to ask for your opinion regarding my situation as per my application to canada through NOC 1111

I am a CMA (US), can you please help me with the following questions that I have?

1. Do i need to send anything to WES for the conversion of my license to its equivalent qualification in canada?
2. Can i use my CMA designation there or should i take another exams to use the designation of CMA in canada?

Thank you so much!

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I have had to decline my ITA as it was based on 1+ year of Canadian work experience, the caveat to this was, it was via recruiting firms/staffing agencies and although from the research I've done, I am pretty comfortable that the CRA would consider this arrangement to be an employer-employee relationship, however, as far as the recruiting firms/staffing agencies I've worked for are concerned, they consider the relationship to be of an "independent contractor" and thus will not furnish Employee Reference letters which will meet the requirements of CIC.

I am going to seek clarification from CRA as to my personal situation because it is a very grey area which is getting clamped down upon especially in the U.S.

I'll let you folks know how it goes. To cut to the chase, I've decided to not claim the 40 points for Canadian work experience (I declined ITA and labelled experience in Canada as 'Self-Employed') - I still get 474 points and will receive an ITA in the next draw. Good luck to everyone else!

journeyca

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can the experts help me with NOC category i fall into ....please im dead confused ??? ??? ???
I can share my work profile: Senior Fund accountant/ Senior Fund officer-
6 years work experience in mutual fund administration and custody at custody company in financial services.
Act as a key contact and manage multiple investment fund client relationships
Prepare and provide accurate net asset value calculations on a timely basis, which includes:
Recording and reconciling investment trading activity
Preparing/reviewing security position and cash reconciliations
Preparing monthly financial statements for Capital Markets Authority reports.
Pricing portfolios (derivatives, stocks, and bonds) in accordance with funds’ offering documents
Ensuring fund income and expenses, including management and performance fees, are accrued for and are in accordance with GAAP
Processing investor-related transactions (subscriptions, redemptions)
Executing placements/borrowings for funds in fixed deposits, bonds, and investments in other funds, purchase/sale of shares & other placements.
Recording dividend collection, bonus share, rights issue, Increase in capital.
Reconciliations of portfolio positions for settled and unsettled trades. Reconciling the Fund books with local brokerage reports, escalate and resolve the same in timely manner.
prepared income and financial statements & getting audited with external auditors.
Ad-hoc reporting requests as required by fund managers

recently graduated from PGD financial planning at a college in Canada.

please please help.. i dont want to loose this opportunity again as i feel i can make an express entry profile but dont have enough knowledge with noc number.. as someone said i can apply with my experience in finance field from middle east... i know this forum has helped many ..looking for guidance ::) ::) ::) :'(

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
I do not think so, it is that complicated that you thought.

any how, please find the below link and try to analyze yourself..!

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Occupations.aspx?val=1

If not please post once again.

and one more information are you working in Canada at present?
;)
thanks

Maytoss.........

abyurla

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
It is almost impossible to get WES to respond to enquiries so i'm hoping to take a cue from you

I would like to assess my qualification with WES (FCA - Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria)

Which Educational Credential Assessment Package did you choose?

And i seem to be going out on a limb as i am yet to come across anyone from ICAN who got assessed by WES but i've seen India, Australia so i'm hopeful Nigeria wont be an exception.

Beancounter said:
@ pziegler1986: Not sure if it helps but below is a copy of my WES report. Initially I was apprehensive about claiming 128 points due to the first section stating 'Canadian Equivalent Summary bachelors degree four years'. After receiving the following response from CIC via email I felt comfortable claiming these separately for 128 points "You may submit evidence of more than one completed educational credential as shown in your ECA report".

How long does the GradDipCA take (including work experience component and excluding anything from your bachelors)? I imagine it's similar to the UK ICAEW ACA program and takes around three years so it would be absurd if WES has assessed both degree and GradDipCA as one credential. WES could have made a mistake however. WES definitely need to improve their reports.

I don't know what to suggest with regard to what to populate in your EE profile. Perhaps drop an email to WES asking for clarification about the report (via 'contact us' on their website)? I sent them a message asking for clarification on something on 18th Feb and got a reply on 19th Mar which seems like a long time but isn't when we're having infrequent EE draws.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
Year: XXXX
Awarded by: University of Liverpool
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Geography
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Member
Year: XXXX
Awarded by: Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)
Remarks: The rank of membership was attained following a professional
education program validated by examination and required practical
training

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
Hi everyone,

Any one got ITA till the last draw in our NOC?

Please share you experiences and CRS points..!

How did you submit your roles & responsibilities if they did not mentioned on your appointment letter/experience letter?

Thanks

Nikhil89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
Hello Everybody,

I can see that there are differences in opinion when it comes to claiming points for WES assessment, as most of us are having 2 different degrees yet our assessment shows Bachelors Degree (4 years) for most of us.

Now regarding this I emailed my concern to WES :
Question : Hi, My CANADIAN equivalency summary is shown as 4 years I don''t understand as to why it''s not showing as ( 2 or more degrees with one being more than 2 years) Since I have done my WES assessment for the sole purpose of Canadian immigration and due to the incorrect degree classification my points are significantly decreased
1. I have a bachelors degree (assessed as 4 years)
2. I have a CA degree (assessed as 3 years bachelor's) Since these are 2 different degrees independently why my summary says Bachelor''s degree 4 years It is my humble request to update the Canadian equivalency to 2 or more degrees with one being more than 3 years and issue me an updated report

WES Reply : This is in response to your recent communication regarding the evaluation completed on March 27, 2015.

The report has been reviewed and we ave concluded that there are no errors in the report and that the equivalency
statement for your credentials is correct. Therefore, no changes will be made to the evaluation report.

Our reports are based on current research in the field of International and comparative education. Opinions on the
equivalencies for study completed outside Canada differ widely. In establishing equivalencies, we employ a number of clearly defined criteria.
Not only does this include the length of program but also the level, scope and intent of the program and the relative standing of the institution

Sincerely,

Director of Evaluations

So effectively, the status of my report stands unchanged.

Now as to why I am convinced that I have to select the option Bachelor's degree (120 points) and not 2 or more degrees (128 points)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

If you select the option Bachelor's Degree option from the above link , you get the following :
Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:

College Diploma (three years)
Diploma (three years)
Three-year diploma in [name of discipline]
Bachelor's Degree
Applied Bachelor's Degree
Bachelor's degree (three years)
Three-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
Bachelor's degree (four years)
Four-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]

If you select : 2 or more degrees ,

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Graduate Certificate
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
Study Toward a Master's Degree

When finding this in the CIC website I reached the conclusion that my WES assessment means I can claim "Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" unfortunately.

Thanks Nikhil .

Note: Has anybody got a confirmation from CIC stating otherwise, If yes, how did you get it . Can you share the details so that we can proceed to get the same.

AnkySonu

Jul 27, 2015
Hey Maytoss,

I have same query. People here in India and consultancies are helping people to get LMIA but I am not sure that are they fraud or genuine. My score is 376 and I am waiting for invitation but if we will get job offer or Valid LMIA,it will add +600 to our profile but not sure what to do?

If anyone have any idea, please share, I have applied for 1212 profile.

Regards,
Anky

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
AnkySonu said:
Hey Maytoss,

I have same query. People here in India and consultancies are helping people to get LMIA but I am not sure that are they fraud or genuine. My score is 376 and I am waiting for invitation but if we will get job offer or Valid LMIA,it will add +600 to our profile but not sure what to do?

If anyone have any idea, please share, I have applied for 1212 profile.

Regards,
Anky
this is right and it is easy NOC to choose I feel which will not have any confusion.

and yes, are they really genuine LMIA or not. I sent u a PM please check and let me know.

thanks buddy we will keep this thread alive so that we can exchange the information with each other.

thank you

PR1988

Jul 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Nikhil89: Just to add to your post....I am a B Com and CA from India. Got a similar WES assessment i.e. 4 years bachelor for B Com & 3 years bachelor for CA. Previously, I was of the impression that I can claim 119 points for education and 50 points under skill transferability (i am married and got a CLB 9 in IELTS), hence resulting in 467 points. However, while creating my EE profile my points were coming to 435. So I had a talk with an immigration consultant and the person told me that only 1 bachelor degree will be considered (probably you can understand my shock when i came to know that my B Com and CA are worth the same!! :eek: :'( ). The person added that WES rarely changes its assessment so it is futile to go by that route and as for CIC the score that comes while EE profile is created is the final assessment.

So unfortunately, I have to settle for 435 instead of 467 and wait for the draw to come down. All the more disappointing since I know I should have 467 points and hence relatively quick ITA, but can not do anything...so hoping for the downward trend in draws to continue

sbrs2010

Jul 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is so surprising. How many of people in this thread have done CA after BCom? Technically a degree is considered when it is done on full-time basis. B.Com and CA are mostly overlapping in tenure and hence not considered separate. If there is anyone who has done it one after the other and still got same WES report then we can look at other possibilities.

abyurla

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
I claimed exemption in my CA using my BSc, so i obtained my CA after BSC but I'm still awaiting my ECA so i really dont know what the outcome will be.

@beancounter could be of help here since he posted his ECA and i think he claimed 2 degrees

pragna812

Apr 14, 2015
HELLO

i have completed my CA by more than 2 attempts in each level ..so in that case
1.from **(year in which i cleared my cpt) to **(year in which i finally cleared my final CA) - is that right??
2.how many years should be written in Completed/ Full Academic Years?

is transcript reqd for fail attempts also?

thanx in advance