+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

abc_27

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to all who got PPR, especially Raj, thank you for all your good advice along the way.

I need your advice guys.

I can collect some reference letters from my previous colleagues, people with whom I attended some courses and internships over the years. Do you think this kind of recommendations would be helpful when arriving in Canada? Will these be helpful in securing a job, considering I have no Canadian experience? Will they be a plus for me or I should't bother ....

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
abc_27 said:
Congrats to all who got PPR, especially Raj, thank you for all your good advice along the way.

I need your advice guys.

I can collect some reference letters from my previous colleagues, people with whom I attended some courses and internships over the years. Do you think this kind of recommendations would be helpful when arriving in Canada? Will these be helpful in securing a job, considering I have no Canadian experience? Will they be a plus for me or I should't bother ....
Thanks!

These kinds of recommendations might be considered as a "plus" but I suppose this will not "replace" the always demanded "Canadian Experience". You can definitely get these letters as the trust factor of the person looking into your CL/Resume will go up if you provide them upon request.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Congrats Raj,Wish you all the best.and glad to see a lot of PPR in this thread.
Cheers
Rabin

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Canadaexp said:
Hello Guys.. need help
My application status is below.
Review of eligibility - in process
A background check is needed - in process
Medical - passed

What does it mean? I applied on October 20, 2016 under PNP inland
How long I have to wait from now?
PNP-I applications are moving now from what I see. So, your BG, is it the first time it has gone to IP or the second time?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rd160309 said:
Hi guys,
I received PPR but my status in my GC account states the same as it was before.
BgCheck - In progress

Will it change only when I will get visa stamping on my passport? Is it the same for everybody?
Yes, correct. A few days after your passport has been delivered to the VO, your application status will change as follows -

1) Application Status --> "Closed"
2) Review of Eligibility --> "Passed"
3) Background Checks --> "Complete"
4) Final Decision --> "This application has been approved"

Canadaexp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
PNP-I applications are moving now from what I see. So, your BG, is it the first time it has gone to IP or the second time?
I applied thorough consultant so I don't have access. What I saw after 4 months " review of eligibility- in progress" and background check- in progress" so if it is second time went to in progress then still review of eligibility remain in progress. Or it should be passed?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Canadaexp said:
I applied thorough consultant so I don't have access. What I saw after 4 months " review of eligibility- in progress" and background check- in progress" so if it is second time went to in progress then still review of eligibility remain in progress. Or it should be passed?
Review of Eligibility will never change until you submit your passports to the VO for stamping. So, you only have to look at the BG status. Well, if it would make you feel better, you can apply for GCMS notes to see the status on your application (but it usually takes 30 days to receive them after you place the request).

Canadaexp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Review of Eligibility will never change until you submit your passports to the VO for stamping. So, you only have to look at the BG status. Well, if it would make you feel better, you can apply for GCMS notes to see the status on your application (but it usually takes 30 days to receive them after you place the request).
If I order GCMS, does it affect in my application? Is there any negative impact?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Canadaexp said:
Thanks.. really appreciate... can you please provide the link to order GCMS notes from inside canada?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

Also, this might be useful -

This is the link -->

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

You can place a request under the "Privacy Act" if you are applying for yourself within Canada.

Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request = Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

"Which type of records do you wish to request? " ==> Case Files

"What type of record would you like to request? " ==> Permanent Residence

"Which specific information are you looking for? " ==> The electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s)

malican

May 24, 2016
I am out of Canada - where is it better to order from?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
http://www.visafile.info/ (paid service for non cad citizens)

And I must get someone from inside Canada to do the physical ordering or can I order with their card?