03-12-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
Medicals Passed
ryanrf said:

You have registered under RPO xxx but your present residential address lies within the jurisdiction of RPO yyy. The registration and present residential address should be with the same RPO.

Got this while registering for PCC. Seems I got no choice but to go to the one near my present location :(
Did you apply for PCC from Passport Seva portal? I wanted to know if it's the only option or are there other ways to get the PCC? My Permanent Residence, in Passport, is West Bengal but I have been living in Bangalore for 6 years now.

bishgop

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
Doc's Request.
03-12-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
Medicals Passed
CruiseControl said:
Hey, nice to have this thread to follow.

I have my PCC and almost all the other documents in place (still waiting for two reference letters to arrive). I'm waiting for the ITA in order to book my upfront medical exams, and then I intend to submit the application ASAP.

I'll be keeping an eye on the thread, and helping when I can!

Cheers.
Hi there...congratulations and all the best! can you share how you went about getting your PCC? Did you apply from your permanent residence or your current address? I will be applying for the e-APR soon so I want to be well prepared for it. Thanks in advance.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bishgop said:
Hi there...congratulations and all the best! can you share how you went about getting your PCC? Did you apply from your permanent residence or your current address? I will be applying for the e-APR soon so I want to be well prepared for it. Thanks in advance.
bishgop said:
Did you apply for PCC from Passport Seva portal? I wanted to know if it's the only option or are there other ways to get the PCC? My Permanent Residence, in Passport, is West Bengal but I have been living in Bangalore for 6 years now.
Login to Passport Seva Portal and read the requirements mentioned.
There is a category for - Permanent address not the same as current address.

Essentially you might be required to submit additional docs for current address proof in Bangalore.
For some of my friends they asked for a letter from their employer(if its a MNC), copy of their office ID card, rental agreement, Aadhaar etc.. and the local police inspectors from the nearby station physically verified the address by visiting the premises and taking reference letters from the neighbors.

I cannot say the aforementioned process would apply to all, but this was the case with a guy who lived in my apartment and I gave the reference letter to the cops.

As mentioned on CIC website, start early for PCC as it might be more time consuming than normal.

Good luck.

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abid91 said:
Hi, you can contact fingerprinting agencies in your city who deals with RCMP certificate. They take your fingerprints and send them to their agencies in Canada who digitizes your prints and applies for the certificate on your behalf.

I got mine done from http://www.internationalfingerprinting.com/
Thanks @abid91 for the info.... +1

bishgop

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
Doc's Request.
03-12-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
Medicals Passed
royce110 said:
Login to Passport Seva Portal and read the requirements mentioned.
There is a category for - Permanent address not the same as current address.

Essentially you might be required to submit additional docs for current address proof in Bangalore.
For some of my friends they asked for a letter from their employer(if its a MNC), copy of their office ID card, rental agreement, Aadhaar etc.. and the local police inspectors from the nearby station physically verified the address by visiting the premises and taking reference letters from the neighbors.

I cannot say the aforementioned process would apply to all, but this was the case with a guy who lived in my apartment and I gave the reference letter to the cops.

As mentioned on CIC website, start early for PCC as it might be more time consuming than normal.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for the reply. I will read through the requirements thoroughly before applying. Now this brings me to another doubt: do we have to get verification for both the permanent and current addresses done? Or, is it like "One PCC works for all" addresses?

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bishgop said:
Thank you very much for the reply. I will read through the requirements thoroughly before applying. Now this brings me to another doubt: do we have to get verification for both the permanent and current addresses done? Or, is it like "One PCC works for all" addresses?
PSK PCC is valid for the entire country.

bishgop

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
Doc's Request.
03-12-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
Medicals Passed
ryanrf said:

You have registered under RPO xxx but your present residential address lies within the jurisdiction of RPO yyy. The registration and present residential address should be with the same RPO.

Got this while registering for PCC. Seems I got no choice but to go to the one near my present location :(
Similar case with me - I registered for my Permanent Residence RPO i.e. Kolkata but when I continued the application I entered both present and permanent address as different and in the next step, it mentioned - You have registered under RPO xxx but your present residential address lies within the jurisdiction of RPO yyy. The registration and present residential address should be with the same RPO.

What did you do finally? I was thinking mentioning both present & permanent address the same i.e my permanent address - is it a good option?

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
sodapop123 said:
My case is the same.... AOR on 20th Nov and no movement at all yet. Medicals haven't moved to passed, and i called the doctor's office and they said my results have been submitted (upfront e-medical was done on Nov 1st). I looked at the spreadsheet Raj & co. are maintaining and some folks applications seem to be moving faster than others, so i'm guessing this is normal.
Hopefully you and I both will see some movement soon.
Guys you are not the only ones. I am too like you. AOR on Nov 18 and upfront medical done on Nov 14. but no change at all in my file. Fingers crossed.
Anshul

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi guys,

Need some advice.

I am an inland CEC applicant and I got my AOR on Nov 18 and nothing has changed after that. Now my passport expires on May 7, 2017 so need to apply for the renewal. Also I am planning to travel to India in Feb, 2017 so will need to apply for the Canadian visa before that (I am here on a work permit). The passport renewal takes about 6-8 weeks to process. My question is that if I apply for my passport now (so will get the new one by Feb 2017), is there any step from CIC where they might ask for my passport during this time? And if they do then can I tell them that I have submitted it for renewal?

Anshul

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
AnshulAwasthi said:
Guys you are not the only ones. I am too like you. AOR on Nov 18 and upfront medical done on Nov 14. but no change at all in my file. Fingers crossed.
Anshul
I think most of the guys in similar position.

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Just updating my case. I just got a request for police certificate from Thailand since I lived there for a few years. Thailand is one of those countries that requires a letter from CIC to get a police certificate. I get 60 days to upload the police certificate.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
sammoe said:
Just updating my case. I just got a request for police certificate from Thailand since I lived there for a few years. Thailand is one of those countries that requires a letter from CIC to get a police certificate. I get 60 days to upload the police certificate.
Did you get this request to send thailandPCC today on 18 Dec ?

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
rafzy said:
Did you get this request to send thailandPCC today on 18 Dec ?
Yes, I got the email today. When I logged in and checked the message, the request was dated Dec 18. So I have until Feb 18 to submit it.

moliKT

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
sammoe said:
Yes, I got the email today. When I logged in and checked the message, the request was dated Dec 18. So I have until Feb 18 to submit it.
Thanks Sammoe for sharing this... Now i have a question in ma case....I stayed in canada for an year in 2014.... should i need to take CANADA PCC also? I was under an assumption thinking we have to shared PCC from current/last 6 month stay and home country.

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
moliKT said:
Thanks Sammoe for sharing this... Now i have a question in ma case....I stayed in canada for an year in 2014.... should i need to take CANADA PCC also? I was under an assumption thinking we have to shared PCC from current/last 6 month stay and home country.
We need PCC for any countries we have lived for 6 months and above.

Canada is different. Based on what other people are posting in this thread, I think they will request you if they need PCC from Canada. Anybody, please correct me if I am wrong.